Wholesalewarranties.com / Rv warranty scam

1 United States

WholesaleWarranties.com - Extended RV warranty contract not honored [protected]

We bought our Heartland Cyclone Toy Hauler in late December of 2009 although it is technically a 2011 model.On August 25, 2011we purchased an extended warranty from Jeff Shelton at Wholesale Warranties.Net.

Our contract number is AA00105106 We purchased the “Optional Slide Out System” coverage as our cyclone has 3 slide outs. We were ensured by Jeff Shelton that by doing this anything with the Slide Outs would be covered. Beginning of March 2014 when upon taking the winter cover off the R.V. we discovered that one of the drive cables for the bedroom slide out was broken.

We called R.V. America, (477 Marketplace Drive, Johnstown, CO 80534) where we purchased the Cyclone, to have them repair the drive cable and that we had an extended warranty. Our service advisor from RV America, Dean Ingraham [protected]), told me to bring in the contract so they could contact Wholesale Warranty with an estimate for the repair. The following day Dean called us and said that he was very surprised but that our claim had been denied.

I told him to go ahead and do the repair and I would have to talk to Wholesale Warranty about the denial. On 3/11/14 I called Wholesale warranty [protected]) and played the typical phone shuffle until I was connected to Mike (claim advisor [protected]) ) who is the one that rejected our claim. He said our claim had been rejected because that broken cable falls under the “What is not covered” section of our contract because it was a “Linkage”. I told him that we had the optional slide out coverage but he said it still wasn’t covered.

On 3/12/14, my Wife called and talked to John Wise, Claims Specialist [protected]) who promised to look into it. On 3/13/14 My wife called John Wise again to get an update - He said there was a 90% probability that our claim would be denied by their claims manager and that they had many other cases like ours and that they were all denied! After further contact it was confirmed that our claim had been denied. John Wise kept referring to the section “What’s not covered” and didn’t have any additional explanation why this was not covered although we had purchased the extra coverage for the slide outs.

3/20/14 Dave went to pick up our repaired R.V. and had a long conversation with Dean, our service advisor. He said that someone at Wholesale Warranty had talked to him about our claim and that he (Dean) had tried to explain that the slide out cables are not a “Linkage”, but except for the motor are the main working parts that make the slide out work. Dean also added that he thought the person from Wholesale Warranty didn’t understand or didn’t care about his expert description of the drive mechanisms for the slide out and how they work together as a unit.

Dear BBB, when I read the” What Is Not Covered” section of our contract, Wholesale Warranty is using the loosely worded phrase “manual and hydraulic linkages” as a convenient way to deny our claim. The word linkage can be used to describe just about any man made mechanical device, I.E.

a screw holding two pieces of metal together could be called a “Linkage”!!In our case the cable is not as they claim a “Linkage” but an essential part of the slide out

Ja