whitening now / Charged me for FREE TRIAL

1 6899Boulder, CO, United States Review updated:
Phone: 1-866-660-5724

I ordered the free trial for 10 days and was only to pay shipping. I received the box on a Friday and tried it. It was very cumbersome and I didn't feel it was worth getting more of after trying it a few days. Five days after I received it, I saw that I was charged $78.23 and tried to contact the company. After calling 2 or 3 times each day, I finally was able to reach them on the third day of calling. I was told there was nothing I could do as I had opened the product.

HOW THE HELL WAS I SUPPOSED TO TRY IT IF I DIDN'T OPEN IT?????? ALSO THEY TOLD ME THE TRIAL STARTED ON THE DAY I ORDERED IT. HOW CAN I TRY SOMETHING I DON'T HAVE ???????????

THIS IS A HUGE SCAM. The man I talked to ERIN BAILEY told me the only person that I could speak to above him was the owner of the company and that was impossible. Yeah, because he is probably sipping some flowery drink on some warm beach using the money that he has scammed from people.

I am not going to stop until I get my money back. Anyone know of a way to help me?????

Comments

• Kr
      11th of Apr, 2009

Dear Moondance321,

Don't worry, you're credit card (cc) can fight the charge for you. After you read this, pick up your phone and call your cc to begin the process of disputing the charge (make sure to write down the day and time you call, the person you talk to and the instructions they give you, including the exact address where you will need to mail your dispute letter. Ask them for a confirmation number, if available.). Once you finish that call, immediately sit down and write your cc a letter disputing the charge. Include the following in the letter:

1. The name of the company who falsely charged you. Include the company's phone number and address, as well as the person you spoke to.
    2. A detailed explanation of why you are disputing the charge. I would take a screen shot of the company's webpage showing the free trial offer and include a printout with your letter.
    2. The name of the credit card spokesperson that you originally reported the false charge to, as well as any confirmation number s/he gave you for the disputed charge.
    3. Your contact information, so that they can contact you quickly and easily to confirm any details.

In 23 years, I've never had to pay for a false charge. It's one of the few, but real perks of paying with a credit card.

Good luck,
    Kristina

• Su
      20th of Apr, 2009

Hi Moondance321. Did you get this worked out? I am fighting with them right now -- I am actually on hold with them. Did you dispute the credit charge card and did you have to pay it?

Susan

• Pa
      21st of Apr, 2009

I too made a phone call with Erin Bailey and got the exact same response to talking with the person who hired him. I too received the product 7 days after I ordered it. I was able to try it one time when I noticed the charge on my card for the $72.83. They refuse to credit the charge. I am fighting it through my bank.

I am going to write a letter to them with a copy of a letter I will send to the United States Postal Inspector suggesting that this company is engaging in mail fraud. The company is banking on the consumer assuming the trial period starts at receipt of product, knowing they will be able to charge us the $72.83 based on their disclaimer of "from date of order". Since they know it takes such a long time to mail the product they are using the USPS to poptentially confuse the consumer. Mr. Bailey informed me my order was shipped the next day from my order date, and that their system is set up to give the user 4 to 6 days to use it, not 10. I have never had to wait 6 days for something to be mailed to me via USPS. I wonder if they actually mailed it the day after.

If anyone would like to be included in a step such as this, I would be more than happy to coordinate with and include you, and if anyone has better writing skills than I, I bow to your skills and hand it off to you.

I am tired of these types of companies leaning on the fine print and skirting the law through questionable practices.

Paul Schwartz

22nd of Apr, 2009

I'm sorry y'all are having such a problem with this. Next time you do something similar, be sure to read ALL the Terms and Conditions, which explains all this clearly. And no, I'm not affiliated with the company in any way, just another customer.

• Mi
      2nd of May, 2009

Class Action Lawsuit! I too have been 'duped'. How many are ready and willing to file a class action lawsuit against this company?

Michelle
    PaintPoniez@hotmail.com

2nd of May, 2009

I only had to pay $1.99 shipping. If you refuse the offer the first time, they try to lure you back with lower shopping costs. It worked for me! I also called and got my 14-dayfree trial offer extended. Ya gotta READ and follow the directions.

I will agree that at first the terms may be somewhat misleading, but so far I am happy with everything. I am using the product and am pleased with it as well.

How can you sue someone when they explained ALL the terms conditions - some people just didn't read them. That's not the company's fault. That's good (maybe also a little sneaky) business. Don't take it personally. It's all business.

As I said previously, I have no affiliation with this company.

• Mi

Nita-

If this company was honest and above board, then why won't it refund to people wanting to return/refund? Why are you posting the same thing on their sister site, Bright White, if you aren't affiliated? I think I smell a dirty rat here. Good business is honest business. Lying, stealing and cheating are the downfall of America today and are wittnessed by the failing mega companies such as Chrysler. If, this company were honest, then why did it run false advertisements that by using one product followed by another (both products from the same company) you would have amazing results???? It did so to allow VERY HEAVY penalties and charges to be made against shopper's credit cards. Why does this same company claim over the phone that it allows a 14 day free trial when you don't get the product in that time span? Dishonesty is dishonesty, plain and simple. Thes company is intentionally hiding facts and are misleading customers with their claims and hidden facts. Yes, sue the companies. Justice should be served. I have already contacted national media to draw attention to this case and am actively recruiting individuals who are ready to recoup their loss, as well as damages.

If anyone reading is interested in joining forces and filing a class action suit, then please contact. You should also call or email the Florida State Attorney General's office (contact information to follow) and make a complaint. Email Attorney General, Bill McCollum at ag.mccollum@myfloridalegal.com or call during est business hours at Florida Toll Free: 1-866-966-7226.

Michelle

2nd of May, 2009

I said I'm not affiliated with the company. If I were, I wouldn't have brought up that idea. I am neither a liar nor a "dirty rat".

I didn't even know there is a "sister site". I did order both products. I read a story on the Internet about a woman whitening her teeth for under $10.00. Mine was even less than that because I was able to get a reduced shipping rate - BY READING!

Sometimes it seems we have become very cynical. People should not try to shirk THEIR responsibility to READ THE DIRECTIONS and the TERMS AND CONDITIONS? This country was built by people taking responsibility for their actions - or lack thereof, instead of trying to blame some company for their own stupidity or carelessness. Everything you are complaining about could have be avoided by READING.

As I said, yes, there might have been some misconceptions in the ad, but a smart shopper checks everything out thoroughly to safeguard that this doesn't happen to them. Especially these days, you have to be very watchful.

You are being naive if you really think "good business is honest business". Many businesses are honest, but in reality, many are not. In this sad economy, people have to keep their businesses aflost any wat they can, which is sad and not easy.

We have become a county of too many frivalous lawsuits. This is one of them.

• Bu
      2nd of May, 2009

Gee, i have an idea? Why doesnt someone in out screwd up government, get off their lazy ### and start putting these SCAMMERS in jail? That would stop a lot of the american people from getting ripped off. OHHH thats right, , im sorry, , we have OBAMA in office now, , so that means NOTHING will EVER get done as long as that IDIOT, 3 STOOGES is in office. Gee, , wonder when we are gonna start flying the COMMUNIST FLAG?/

• Al
      4th of May, 2009
    whitening now - REFUND BACK ON MY CARD
    ALICIA ANN GUILLORY
    1512 NORTH PRATER ST.
    LAKE CHARLES
    Phone: (337)436-5896
    guilloryalicia@yahoo.com

I signed up for a 14 day trial on this whitening cleaner for your teeth. They asked for my credit card information online. i did not know i was going to be charged . I wear braces and i got this trial stuff to try for when i get them taken off in the next six months. I have not used this product at all. I can send the free trial back if you want because i haven't received anything else. PLEASE REFUND MY ACCOUNT IN FULL I WOULD REALLY APPRECIATE IT . THE ORDER NUMBER IS 388812. THE AMOUNT IS $78.93. THANKING YOU IN ADVANCE, ALICIA ANN GUILLORY

28th of May, 2009
    whitening now - theft by deception
    Whitening Now
    1269 N. Woodale Road
    Woodale
    Illinois
    whitening.com

I answered an internet ad posted on the MSN home page for a FREE trial teeth whitening product, NO OBLIGATION. They required a credit card number for the $4.95 shipping. I did receive the whitening kit. What I didn't know about was they immediately charged $79.56 to my credit card and I didn't find the charge until 3 weeks later. I called their phone number to complain..spoke with customer rep Alex Jones. After my complaining long and loud, he agreed to take me off their "customer list", but adamantly refused to refund my nearly $80 and told me that I would not be getting anything for that $80 because I cancelled. I asked to speak to his immediate supervisor..he refused to give me a name. I asked for the next supervisor up the chain and after much hemming and hawing, he gave me the name of Allen Morgan. When I asked to speak to Mr. Morgan, Jones advised Morgan was in a meeting and couldn't be reached. I asked for a phone number for Morgan and Jones said just to call the same number I had just called. I have filed a complaint with the Chicago office of the Better Business Bureau and a complaint with the Arizona Attorney General's Consumer Fraud Division for theft and theft by deception. Do NOT give them your credit card number. BE WARNED!

• Up
    whitening now - Took Money, No Product
    Texas

Whitening Now company took money out of account early and when future shipments for the product were cancelled because of it ( 4 days later) they cancelled my shipment and refused to give me a refund. After a long screaming match with an operator that advised me all of her supervisors we in a meeting and threatening to press criminal charges for theft because they tried to say that because I cancelled future shipments they were keeping my money for the original "free trial offer" that I had already paid shipping for!

• Up
      1st of Jun, 2009

These people are jerks and criminals. I hope you received your refund back. I just made my last attempt today. We'll see what happens in 4-5 days like operator Shelly said. She actually bartarded with me on how much money she would refund me!

• Fr
      1st of Jun, 2009

See my story at https://www.complaintsboard.com/complaints/free-trail-scam-c206862.html. Hope it helps.

• Ne
      18th of Jun, 2009

This company have to be in jail. Awful business practice!! People who do this kind of thing to make money are not human being!! TOTAL SCAM!!! Everyone who work in this company will go to hell.

Thank you Michelle to fight for justice..People HAve TO Learn to be HONEST!!

Thak you for everyone for sharing your stories and advice...I know how painful it is to go through this thing. I am still fight to get my money back and will do everything I can to STOP this scam!
    We have to work together to STOP them.

NITA ..you have to Shut Up!!! You are such an ignorant ###!! I know you WOrk for this evil company . Peason who gree with this kind of business practice are HEARTLESS !!! You think you are smarter than others? NO!!! just go back to your small world and enjoy your heartless self!!

18th of Jun, 2009

Hi there all you grumpy people,

Nita, "the lying, dirty rat and ignorant ###" here. You people are all upset because you know deep down that the mistake was YOURS to begin with for not reading all the information completely. You are just mad at yourself and want to take out your anger out on anyone else you can, especially anyone with the sound of reason. I feel sorry for you, but you brought this on yourself and are just too stupid to know it. And too stupid to even spell correctly. Don't you have "spell check" on your computer?

Once again I will say I DO NOT work for this company. You know what happens when you "assume", and you have certainly proven that old adage.

If it makes you feel any better, or less of a stupid ###, I did, in fact have a problem getting my money back when I canceled this trial. But I followed proper procedures and channels and it was all straightened out - without any emotional outbursts or temper tantrums.

Good luck with all your cynical and negative lives.

• My
      24th of Jun, 2009

BIGGEST SCAM EVER!!! I ordered product and paid for express delivery. NEVER CAME. Called after 4 days and was told it had been sent out. 3 more days still no product. I called again and said cancel my order and refund my shipping and handling. They said they would refund and send me another one for my trouble. I told them to make sure I would never be enrolled in any program or charged for any products. They assured me. Well that second shipment came yesterday which is 6 weeks after the ORIGINAL order. I looked on my bank statement to make sure I wasn't charged and wouldn't you know it! I was charged $88.97 for it and $88.97 for the ORIGINAL one as well!!! I have been fighting on the phone with them the last 4 days trying to get my money back. I have been told TWICE that I am on a list to be called back AFTER 72 hours. The second time I was informed I was never put on the orignal list to have a call back. I said CANCEl my order NOW so no more charges would incure and I was told if they mark me canceled no one will ever call me because I will no longer be a customer. HORRIBLE SCAMMING COMPANY. I am a single mom who is now over drawn because of these Crooks!!

• Te
      3rd of Jul, 2009

Canceled my card after I realized I was dealing with frauds...

Am Filling a complaint now. Hang them High...

• Os
      19th of Jul, 2009

odbud
    I may be at fault not so much as not reading everything but misunderstanding the initial offer which is what catches your attention first. Am currently in the process of cancelling my order from BOTH sites as the story told by some housewife mentioned using both products if not mistaken. I first called their number and got a recording with the business hours as Monday to Friday, etc. My feelings are that you have a right to change your mind on anything. I just placed my order four days ago then later noticed the fine print if you may and the comments from the other consumers plus the charge on my credit card for $58.76 and $4.95 probably the shipping part. I'm calling their office first thing tomorrow 7-20, 2009. I'm sure the order is on the way but it's going right back in the same package. I'll be happy to pay whatever for shipping myself. If anyone has any other helpful information on taking these charges off I'm open. I'm not so much calling anyone a crook or so much as fraud but it is somewhat shady in the way they bring their offer across. Any returns should be handled without any major problems in my opinion. Thanks in advance for an other help and good luck for all.

20th of Jul, 2009