Whitening Briteswhitening brites-how I got refund

1 Review updated:

I also fell for this scam but wasn't about to give up.

As many know, there is no billing office to speak to on the phone so everything has to go to them via email.

I patiently sent numerous emails explaining I did not authorize additional shipments nor did I accept future shipments.

I sent numerous emails to the "support" email address and escalated the tone of my emails including the subject line "First Notice", Second Notice", and "Final Notice".

They did respond to each email after a couple days.
Their first response claimed I authorized the $88.97 charge by clicking their terms/conditions checkbox.
Their second response offered me a partial refund.

I responded to each email they sent me demanding a full refund and that their partial refund offer was unacceptable.

In each email exchange I sent them I gave them a deadline that if I was not credited in full by such and such a date I was taking the following actions...

1. Filing a complaint with the State Attorney General.
2. Reporting this to the Better Business Bureau.
3. Calling the local television news investigative reporter to do an expose on Whitening Brites.
4. Disputing the charge through my credit card provider.

I'm happy to say that after about 4 weeks, I received a total refund.
I still will report these ###.

Keep at them and don't give up.

Comments

• Lo
      Jun 17, 2009
    Whitening Brites - Very unsatifies comsumer
    San Antonio
    Texas

I am currently unemployed- Very stressed out parent who just wanted to try out something over the internet that seemed easy enough to try out!! I have been unemployed due to needing to care for my 30 yr old son who wan diag. with Leukemia in 3-2017 and has under gone a bone marrow transplant. To make a long story short I have no time for my self and just wanted to give myself a little treat with a "free trial" of some kind of pampering!! I surely did not want to get more of something I did not order nor did I think worked in the first place. This product burned and irritated my gums and HURT my teeth with the nasty uncomfortable mouth piece that was sent!! I feel I am going trough enough mental anguish and sure do not need more. I need a refund immediately being that my funds are soley for my sons health issuues and medical expense!!
    very unhappy comsumer-Loretta Galindo

Jun 20, 2009

Here is the CPA Affiliate Network advertising this Whitening Brites baloney scam:

Global Ad Revolution #158
    4100 N. Wickham Road Suite 102
    Melbourne, Florida USA
    [protected]

Global Ad Revolution Internet Marketing E Mail [protected]@globaladrevolution.com

Global Ad Revolution Internet Marketing Telephone PHONE: 321.271.9332

Global Ad Revolution Internet Marketing Fax Number FAX: [protected]

Proof: http://www.findaffiliateoffers.com/index.php?function=search&search=brites

Y'all should report them to the FTC:

And their scammy affiliates too like: www.JennifersFirstBlog.com

• Br
      Jun 22, 2009
    Whitening Brites/Dazzlewhite
    263 W Olive Avenue #130
    Burbank
    California
    Phone: [protected]

To all that have been scammed by these companies, I just got off the phone with my bank and here is what they told me to do:
    1. They faxed me fraud papers from the bank
    2. I filled them out and had to file a police report and put the officer 's name and police report number along with police department phone number on the form.
    3. I had the form notorized.
    4. Faxed the forms back to my bank; they reimbursed me my loss.
    5. The bank is now going after the company.

On my own, I contacted the California Attorney Generals Office and The United States Postal Service.

I hope this information helps you. Also, please cancel your debit card and get a new one issued.

• Ap
      Jun 23, 2009

I would like to know how to go about sending back your product that was sent to me and get a refund of my $88.97. also as a note, I was only sent two trial syringes and a light, not a full months worth for $88.97. I just really cannot afford this charge and would appreciate being able to send back the product for a full refund. I already cancelled future orders over the phone. I would appreciate a response. thank you, April

•   Jun 24, 2009
    whiteningbrites.com

This is basically the same mo as all the other complaints posted... my husband wanted the free trial... only.
    it was quickly noticed we were ripped off since we live on a tight budget. he phoned the bank, canceled our card. however, the bank allowed a supposedly "previously chged" item for 58. 75 to go through even after they were notified since the chg was made prior to the cancellation. we have lost 58. 75, 88. 97, 9. 99 (axis portal fee). 87 for foreign transfer fee?? plus the overdrawn chgs due to the unexpected cost! the bank will not return a penny of that either. to top it all?? our bank is stating they are not going to dispute or regain any of our funds lost to this rip off. the bank account service dept told him he has to get the refund from the company since he ordered the free trial??? what part of "free trial" says rob us blind to the bank?? my husband has tried to call, he got some # n bull line about having to call within 15 days... well he has and now he has to write to an email address... no answer thus far.. these rip offs need to be busted and stopped!! this type of scam makes it hard for the up standing and professional to do honest business on the
    Internet!

• Mi
      Jun 25, 2009
    Whitening Brites - Bad Quality/scamming?
    Michael Kariesch
    w11345 740th ave.
    Wisconsin
    Phone: [protected]

This company sent me this whitening brite gel (1) and something that looks like a little flashlite.. no directions, no instructions, on how to use this product.. then, they took $88.29 on my debit card without permission from me., which I didnt budget in my account, which in return, caused a check to bounce. I am wanting a refund of the product and the$29.00 in suffecent funds refunded to me. with something that goes into your mouth and bloodstream, without directions on what and how to do this, is deffenately something I am not about to even try!!! if I cant trust someone getting into my debit card without my approval, do u think we should trust this company? I want a refund, and they can have their gel and flash light back $90.00, what a joke!

• Mi
      Jun 25, 2009

What a total joke and distrustful company

• Gr
      Jul 02, 2009
    Las Vegas
    Nevada
    [protected]@yahoo.com

i did not receive the free trial products and was bill 88.97 to my account, which i was not aware of i do not want this product and want to cancel this and want my money back and credit back to my account asap plus my 2.96 for shipping plus you charge my account for the monthly supply without a trial basic.please fefund my money

• Te
      Jul 08, 2009

Thank you so much. I will try this

• Su
      Jul 10, 2009
    Whitening Brites - Automatically enrolled in program
    Susan Webb
    49 West Chestnut St.
    Norwalk
    Ohio

My name is Susan Webb I received the trial version of the Whitening Brites, since I was out of town at the time I did not cancel the program in the 15 days. I just opened the product and have not even used the product if I would have known I would have to use and respond within that time frame I would not have ordered your product. I cancelled the program with your support team, but was informed I needed to email you to get a full refund. Please refund the 88.97 and I will return your product as soon as I receive it in the mail. I along with many others I see find it hard to believe you would not inform people about this process when we ordered the trial version. Again I would have not gotten your trial version knowing I would be out of town and not able to use the product. Thank you I expect a full refund on my mastercard.

• Sh
      Jul 17, 2009

Please do not give up. I also, was refunded. Of course, the first emailed stated they will not refund the 88.97 but I fired of three emails stating I spoke with my bank and was told they will fax me fraud papers and to filled them out and file a police report, have the form notorized and to fax back to the bank. I also stated I will contact the NYS Attorney Generals Office and the United State Postal Service. The last email I rec'd was you have been issued a full refund in the amt of 88.97 (if you put in writing that you will not be continuing to pursue your dispute, and that is not dispute currently in process against or company.)

• Gl
      Jul 23, 2009

First off we broker that offer from HydraNetwork which is an upstanding company that has never frauded anyone, we have no affiliation with the WhiteBrites company, second if you read the terms and conditions before you throw your Credit Card at whitebrites you would have seen the text that said :

"Upon ordering, you agree to pay the shipping and handling fees for the free trial shipment. If you enjoy the product do nothing and 15 days from your free trial purchase date and every 30 days thereafter you will be sent another fresh 30 day supply of WhiteningBrites and the form of payment that you used to order the trial will be billed the Member's Only price of $79.99 plus $8.99 shipping and handling for a total of $88.97 for the monthly value-shipment package. "

Seriously before you buy stuff on the net read what it says. Also they have a refund policy on their site as well.

Michael Square
    President - Global Ad Revolution

• Jd
      Jul 27, 2009
    Whitening Brites - REFUND
    WHITENING BRITES

I ordered the 14 day trial for $4.99. I did not realize that you had to call and cancel. that was unitl I received my credit card bill and was charges $88.97. I called and they had told me that you could only cancel through email which I did. they told me that they would only refund 39.99 and I told them that not exceptable. I sent the product back and was never refunded. so in the mean time I had gone over my credit card limit with an additional charge of $39.00. I never authorized this payment and I want my money back. I am a single mom and I live from paycheck to paycheck. this is such a scam and rip off. how can they keep getting away with this???

• Va
      Jul 31, 2009

Vada burns was charged 102.00 for your product the only thing that I ordered was the free trail sample I would like my money put back in my account as soon as possible. I plan to go to my lawery on monday about this matter if I don't here fromyou by then. thank you vada burns 2620 foxcroft cirle sumter, s. c 29154. or [protected]@carolinafilters.com