Whitehall Jewellers / Terrible service!

IL, United States Review updated:
Warning! For people that are interested in having their jewelry repaired at company, be warned. I had brought in jewelry to have the smaller diamonds replaced because they fell off because it was an antique. I got it back with the bigger diamond cracked! Then, the manager tries telling me that it was because the cleaning solution showed that the diamond has an occlusion. This jewelry was damaged in their possession and they are refusing to own up to it. DON'T TRUST THEM! Go somewhere else reputable because WHITEHALL DOES NOT OWN UP TO THEIR MISTAKES!!!
Mm

Comments

De
  11th of Dec, 2008
I purchased a beautiful ring at Whitehall Jewelers and was told by the sales associate to bring it to Brand Jewelers for resizing. I made sure it fit when paying. When I got home, that evening, I took it out to admire and try it on again. I noticed that the base was 'extremely' thin. They had taken my silver, that I paid for. Instead of adding, only 1 size up, they had dramatically thinned out and extracted silver from my ring. I am going to the Deptford Mall tomorrow and, with Mall Security, will visit Whitehall Jewelers and Brand Jewelers. My gut feeling is that they are cohorts. I am so upset that I can't sleep. I can't believe people can be so deceitful.