Whitehall Jeweler / Diamond Ring / Bad customer service and no return allows

1 20th Avenue/Stonestown MallSan Francisco, CA, United States Review updated:

Do not shop at Stonestown Whitehall jeweler!!! The customer service is horrible. I want to return the 4 stone diamond ring because the price is marked up too high compared to other jewelery store, so I brought the ring (with no scratch or damage) along with the receipt. however, the salesperson said that he cannot do the refund because the manager is not in the store. It needs manager permission to allow for return. what a lame!!! He wants me to come back couple days later talk to the manager about the refund. I never heard about this kind of excuse. He hints me that he can do the exchange only, but no refund. (I guess he wants to get the commission if i buy the higher value jewelery. For refund, he cannot make any commission from me.)

I am mad since there is no such company policy or store policy explain this kind of refund. I would like to file the complaint to Whitehall jeweler customer service, but no contact information can be found on their web site.

Do not shop at WhiteHall Jewelery Store!!!

Di

Comments

• Er
      9th of Jul, 2008

Hi, I experienced worse service with White Hall. You can't find any number online. The customer service number's only listed on the receipt or the warranty paper.
    Whitehall Jewelers

customer_service@whji.com

Hope that helps.

• De
      6th of Feb, 2009

I now know why Whitehall went out of business. I purchased a diamond ring for my daughter as a college graduation present in December 19, 2o08. Yes it was bought during their going out of business sale, but that is no excuse for 2 of the diamonds to have fell out less than a month later. Was the ring returned for the same problem and then resold? I was actually shocked, because I actually haven't had problems with the store, products or service before, only with the high prices sometimes. My wedding rings are from there. I'm really glad I didn't have to take the ring for sizing or all the diamonds may have fell out.

9th of Feb, 2009

I bought my Husband a wedding ring from White Hall Jewelers, the sales lady said they were taking over Crescent Jewelers. Six months later one of the diamonds fell out, so I went back to the store and everything was gone! They had gone out of business, I guess. I went online to find another White Hall Jewelers in California and Every single Number was disconnected!!! I'm so mad because The sales lady talked me into paying more for the Diamond guarantee, and now I cant find a Store to Fix this problem!

• Cl
      22nd of Mar, 2009

I purchase a ½carrot diamond ring from the Chicago Ridge store in 2007 with insurance that's good until July of 2009. The store is gone, no notice from them at all either by phone or mail, nothing! I'm going to try and track them, if they still exist. Wondering what do if all attempts fail. What a rip off!

22nd of Mar, 2009

FREND'S::

I DO FELE FOR U ALL HOW EVER WHAT'S IS THE PONIT OF CONPLAIBIONG ABOT A CONPNAMY WICH HAS GONED OUT OF BISNESS??1!

DIMON'S SHOLD NOT FALL OT OF A RANG NO MATER WHAT THO I AEGEREE W/ALL OF U ABOT THTA, ,

MY ONCLE WAS A JELER

REGRAD'S

BLESING'S

Dr M A CARNARVORO

• Mt
      27th of Apr, 2009

yes i share the same as everyone else the ring is not worth the money that i paid for without the warrantee

• On
      7th of Jan, 2013

My fiancee at the time purchased my engagement ring from Whitehall in 2007. The saleslady wanted us to get the display ring. She was really insistent that I get the display ring, but it was a 1/2 size too small for my ring finger. I decided to get another ring with my correct size. Six months later I find a carbon mark on my ring and when I wanted to exchange it or get a refund they wouldn't let me. Reminising back on that day, I believe she knew the company had shady business with their rings and knew their displayed rings where in top shape. Good riddance to bad business.