White Oak Publishing / not a complaint, just a question

1 600 Reisterstown Road Suite g, 21208Baltimore, MD, United States Review updated:
Phone: 410-764-7471

I was just curious to know, when is the estimated release date for the book, "Voices, a collection of poetic works." I received an email stating that they wanted to publish my poem, "Happy Ending, " in this book. I emailed them back, no reply, I called the number given to me, and it just rang. This is very frustrating because I purchased this book, because I was so excited to hear such amazing news. thank you. -Heather.

He

Comments

Ra
  18th of Nov, 2008

We have contacted Heather to make arrangements to deliver her books as soon as possible. We thanked her for patience.

Ka
  30th of Nov, 2008

I also recieved and e-mail saying they wanted to publish my poem "The Road Where I Lie" in the Voices series. The link that was sent woul'nt upload and I never found out if they did publish my poem in their series and I would still like to know.
Thank you for your time and I hope to hear from you soon!
Kayla Gower

Me
  5th of Dec, 2008

I just got a letter in the mail yesterday about them wanting to publish my poem. I want to know when it will be published and when i will get my book. Since it is the same name of the anthology...Voices...then it should be the same publish and receive date for anyone on here that was asked to have their poem in it. If you actually get your books, let me know. Thanks!

Me
  5th of Dec, 2008

Read this: http://www.todays-woman.net/poetry-scams-47.html. Thanks to the internet...i just saved myself some money. I am glad i didn't send them anything.

Sa
  9th of Dec, 2008
White Oak Publishing - Have not been sent book, have not gotten refund
2833 Smith Ave Suite 151
Baltimore
poetryamerica.com

Hello My name is Sarah Forster. I submited a poem to White Oak Publishing back in June, 2007. I received a letter from them saying that they wanted to publish my poem. I was thrilled! I sent them a check for $24.95. As of today 12/09/2008 I still have not received my copy of the book with my poem published in it. I called the number listed on their web site 410-764-7471, on 11/6/2008. I was told that they had my zip code incorrectly listed. I was told that the book would be re-sent to me and I would have it in 3 days. No such luck. I have left mutipul messages at the phone number listed above and I have not gotten a reply. I am very frustrated wtih this company

De
  18th of Dec, 2008

I actually did this as well...They sent me an e-mail, I changed my poem, did a lil editing and bought one book. However, today I received my book in the mail...So maybe they had a promblem with the rest of your books...I'm not too sure. But I have seen alot of people make complaints about this company and I just wanted everyone to know that I received the book with my published poem in it!

An
  20th of Dec, 2008
White Oak Publishing - payed for 6 books
white oak publishing
Baltimore
Maryland

i am the author of heaven never ends i have paid for but not recieved my book call short veuse i tried to reach them by phone but have not got a answer i am very upset and want my money back from them i have tried everthing i even gave them my poem without them paying me for it so what can i do please help!!!

Jo
  30th of Apr, 2009

I also got an email about a poem they wanted to publish.
I have been waiting patiently and I still haven't got anything its four months later. I am waiting for the book voices.

Jolene walczak

Lc
  30th of Apr, 2009
White Oak Publishing - Sent payment, did not receive product
Colorado

My 14yr old daughter received a letter from White Oak Publishing, explaining how they would like to publish her poem. She was so excited!! She had always talked about writing poems and becoming a writer!!! I decided to send for the book of poems in Jan. '09 and give it to her as a B-Day gift for her 15th in March '09... I thought this would be a Wonderful Surprise to her! When we did not receive it for this Special Day... I called the company...(Of course the check had been cashed, but no product!!) The phone number has been DISCONNECTED!!! How very sad that a 'company' could even think about bringing someone's hopes so high, but just use it as a SCAM!!! KARMA: What comes around, goes around!!...

Je
  7th of May, 2009
White Oak Publishing - Still waiting on Book...
White Oak Publishing

I received a mid-last year, stating that this company (White-Oak) wanted to publish my poem "Do you Suffer?" in the Voices Anthology.

The letter contained my poem for editing and approval.. along with a form to request copies of the book... I sent in the required forms as well as ordered copies of the book once published.

I have not as of yet, received any confirmation, status update, or further notifications as to when the book is expected, etc..
Any update on ETA or status of order, whether it was published etc... Almost a year seems a bit long to wait...

Thanks,
Jennifer Young

Ja
  10th of May, 2009
White Oak Publishing - Never received order after payment & they have disconneted their phone leaving no way to contact.
600 Reisterstown Rd. #200G
poetryamerica.com

I like many submitted my poem on the website and then received a letter stating they wanted to publish my poem and for $75 I could receive three books. So I agreed and sent in the paper work with a check. That was now about five months ago and I have received nothing. There is no way to get in touch with them over the website and the phone number has been disconnected.

I am filing a complaint with the BBB and placing a request for the Attorney Generals Office to look into this business for fraud.

I have dealt with legitimate publishers and this one does not seem to be. Beware before sending any money.

Da
  12th of May, 2009
White Oak Publishing - payed for 6 books
white oak publishing
600 Reistertown Rd. #200G
Phone: 1-410-764-7471

My name is David Blodgett, I sent a payment of $92.90 for 6 books named " VIOCES " to the white oak publishing company and have not yet as of today 5/12/09 recieved anything other than a cover letter telling me how great my poem is and that white oaks would like to publish it. I am no rocket scientist but I am smart enough to know when I have been had. My poem entitled " Last night I spoke with GOD " was inspired by none other than GOD himself. I hope the senior editor Sheryl Howell is enjoying her new found riches because God has plans for her and her scam. My heart goes out to all people, especialy the 14 year old girl who was also robbed of her inocence.

Jo
  22nd of May, 2009

I too was taken by White Oak. They wanted to print my poem "As I" in their up coming copy of Voices. They wantd me to buy 10 copies. Thank God I only sent money for one copy. This is a shameful company and they all deserve the death penalty. They take advantage of the innocent. I would like to meet anyone who works there. I would show them a thing or two. Lousy Dogs!

Pr
  12th of Jun, 2009
White Oak Publishing - Poems
Phone: 1-410-764-7471
whiteoakpublishing.net

Hello my name Debra Bamford back in December 2008 I sent a poem in my son wrote for me while serving his country in Iraq. This poem is very special to me and I wanted to shop him how much I appreciated it by having it published. It is now June 2009 and I have yet to receive my book called "Voices". I have tried calling the number and it is no longer in service. I am very appalled to think there is such cruel people out there that would do something like this to our men and women who are sacrificing their lives to protect the people of America.

Sincerely,
Proud mother of Spc. Dane Bamford

Co
  21st of Nov, 2009

Yes, I am with all of you as well, I received the same darn email about my poem, "Losing You" & have also ordered one the the books, "Voices", & have yet to receive it. I have as well called in numerous times & never get any where.
Please email me if any of you hear when we are suppose to receive them, because I know they already took the money off my credit card.
Email: courtneyfriese@yahoo.com

Li
  7th of Feb, 2010

This was extremely aggravated for me, I wrote a beautiful poem called "beautiful dreams" when I was 13. White Oaks sent me an email saying the would want to publish my poem in their book. I sent a payment for one book and still received nothing. I tried to contact them but the phone just kept on ringing? I know that this was over 2 and a half years ago but I want my poem back! I tried searching I on poemsamerica.com but there's nothing. I tried even typing it on google and I cant find it anywhere...I only remember a few lines. If anyone comes across this poem please contact me at kelli055@hotmail.com.

* Beautiful dreams by Raquel DaSilva
[all i can remember is...]
As I gaze upon a beautiful sunset
[...then some where...] envisioning colours of pink yellow and blue

thats all I can rememeber lol

but yeah I completely feel you...I completely forgot about it until now! and I decided to look for it on the computer and I came across that White Oaks Publishing is a FRAUD.