White Oak Press / Never received book

1 Kerhonkson, NY, United States Review updated:
Phone: 845 626-5263

My daughter wrote a poem and submitted it. We didn't hear anything for a long while, than she received an e-mail stating that her's was picked to be published into a book. We printed off the form they sent us and mailed in a check, for the required 24.95 way back in January. Never heard a thing from them since the check was cashed. No book no nothing. I also did the phone call before I sent them the check and I was so assured all was on the up and up. I feel like a fool. Now all I get is the run around or no answer when I try and phone them. Why can't anyone do anything to stop them??? I still see there site up and my daughter got yet another e-mail last week, asking her to submit another poem for review. I'm like you have to be kidding? I can't imagine the amount of dollars this company has gotten from parents, excited to have something their child wrote be published in a book. I'm truly wondering, why if this has been going on years and years, that Consumer Fraud, isn't shutting them down.

Comments

• De
      14th of Sep, 2009

Its the same thing here. I received an email from White Oak Press on 15 May 2008 saying that my poem was selected to be published in an anthology. I immediately placed an order for 1 book. However, it has been more than an year and I haven't received any information nor any book. I've emailed them twice asking more information about this, but I've received no reply. My parents have questioned me several times about the anthology. They were so excited in showing the book to their friends. However, there's still no book. Many people are in the same situation as me. This is consumer fraud and I wonder how much money this company has earned by this. This situation requires immediate attention.