White Glove Moving and Storage / Extremely unprofessional in behavior

The movers showed up late. Later on in the day, the man in charge demaned a tip. I told him I didn't have any cash on me. He asked me to go to the bank. I told him that I had no transportation. I had to leave early to return to Georgia. As soon as I left the man in charge told my Mother that I authorized her to give them a tip. I did not. Gratuties not tips, are given at the end of a service. Not during. The men then slowed down there pace and left the apartment without all of my Mother's furniture. Extremely unprofessional in behavior.

Company details:
White Glove Moving and Storage, Inc.
930 Newark Avenue, Jersey City, N.J.

Comments

• Ed
      3rd of Oct, 2008

White Glove Moving and Storage provided us with the worst moving experience of our lives. Unprofessional, careless with our belongings and poor attitude. My wife was so disappointment in them. Go with the well-known companies. White Glove has numerous complaints and many dissatisfied customers. Check it out for yourself.

• Kr
      17th of Aug, 2012
    White Glove Moving and Storage - Contract Scamers
    White Glove Moving and Storage- Las Vegas

Do not use this company if you care about your move, your things! Just because you sign into a binding contract with this company means absolutely nothing. This is not just one incident of a move that went bad. Read all the reviews, they are all saying the same thing. They fail to hold up to their part of the contract in every aspect. I scheduled a move with this company 1 month in advance. I called 1 week before to confirm the date and time, which was confirmed. Becuase that is what the contract says to do. On the day of the move, they failed to show up "stating several reasons why, the truck broke down, and there was a bigger move ahead of me.". They were scheduled to show up on a Monday at 8:00am and did not show up till Tuesday at 3:00pm. Upon arrival the driver, Guy said.. now lets talk about money. I said money, what money? I paid already. Guy responded back to me, "well, that is your contract with them but I have my own seperate charge, and I charge $1.00 per mile and so you will owe me an extra 400.00 upon arrival. After a disagreement and me pulling out my contract showing them, my rate included mileage. Guy said he will have to get it back from White Glove. But, wait. I thougth he worked for White Glove? No.. he does not.. White Glove contracts out to this other guy, who I have no idea who he is or who he represents because they were all in plain clothes, no white gloves, and came in a Penske truck. Just as another person indicated in their complaint, they broke off the legs of my entertainment center, they broke off the legs of my couch, instead of unscrewing my bed they just yanked them out and broke or cracked the frame. Because they had no room on their truck, I had to leave my queen box spring, and my work desk behind in California. And as Guy told me, it was my fault because my stuff was too tall and took up too much room in his truck for my things. I was then instructed by Guy to be in Arizona by 7am, if I showed up any later he would just dropp off all my things in my garage and I would have to move them in because he had another job to get to. Guy showed up at 9am and did exactly what he promised. He dropped off all my boxes in my garage and only after begging them to put the furniture in the rooms did they do so. I still had to move the furniture where I wanted them to go. The entire move Guy kept telling me, that if I wanted the full service I could pay him the 400.00 for the mileage. But why should I, because my contract said that mileage was included, and also the proper placement of my things at the desitnation and the reaasembly of my furniture. Grant it, the only thing I had was my bed to reassembly. Guy told me that my things were too heavy, to bring all the way into the house and bring upstairs. Contract, really what does that mean with this company- absolutely not a single thing. Not to mention that they damanged and scratched every piece of furniture, did not wrap any of my furniture, and harrassed me about them not paying him an extra 400.00 for mileage. Beware, this company had a BBB on their website, but look them up on the BBB and there is a red alert about this company that they are falsifying stating that they are BBB accredited when they are not. I just took this company's word that they were - that was my mistake. But, you would think that if you have a binding contract with a company they would uphold their business standards with integrity. Unfortunetly, this is absolutely not the case with this company. All I can say, is we all need to get the word out about this company and do whatever we can through all media that this company is a fraud and a scam.

• Kr
      17th of Aug, 2012

I also was forced to leave a few of my things behind becuase they could not fit it in their truck. I agree 100% with your complaint.