White Castle / Churches Chicken / poor customer service!

On Wednesday, May 9, I took my two children into the restaurant on the corner of Thompson Lane and Nolensville Road in Nashville, TN. It was around 9:45pm. My youngest son, 11 yrs. old, wanted a #3 (10 burgers, 2 fries, and 2 drinks), but he wanted to replace one of the fries with a piece of chicken and a biscuit. When he was told he couldn't do this, he asked for a # 3, and in addition to that, he wanted the piece of chicken a biscuit. My oldest son, 17 yrs. old, wanted a #1 (4 burgers, 1 fry, and a drink). I asked for a #6 (3 pieces of chicken, a biscuit, a side item, and a drink). The person taking the order #1 didn't repeat the order back, #2 didn't give us enough cups, and #3 only gave my youngest son the piece of chicken and biscuit. When I pointed out the mistake, some lady came over to ring up the other part of the order. I said that I didn't think I should have to pay for it since it was the cashier's mistake. She responded by saying, "You think you should get this free?" , and I said that I thought I should. She said, in a smart tone, "I don't think so." I said that at least I should get a discount, but she never gave me one. I think that if the cashier had repeated back the order, the mistake wouldn't have happened.

• Onterio's Response, Mar 25, 2018

Yes I went ti churches chicken in ontario ca on holt and campus and the cashier told me to come.ba k later if I coulnt wait for her to asist me she was fude and disrespectfull people like that should be fire please di something about it it

• Onterio's Response, Mar 25, 2018

Maria that works at churches chicken is rude and diresoectfull, she told me to go and come.back if I cant wait for her to assist me she should be fire,

• Dorothy G's Response, Jun 24, 2018

6 mile & evergreen

• Creighton Coffey's Response, Jul 04, 2018

I already commented above, see.

• Keith2004's Response, Oct 05, 2018

Will not be back

Comments

• Ss
      17th of May, 2007

I understand being annoyed at the order screw-up, but if the cashier didn't charge you for stuff you never got, then there's no reason to expect anything free. People make mistakes, it happens. Because an order left things out, you seem to feel entitled to getting those items for free. I don't see the logic. If you don't like the service, don't go there. But don't expect the management to give you a free meal because of a cashier omission.

As for the customer always being right: I worked in retail for a number of years and nothing could be further from the truth. Mostly, the custom is always trying to get something for nothing.

• Pa
      26th of Jun, 2007

Likewise, I can understand being upset when your order was not given to you completely. I have learned in the past to ASK the person taking my order to REPEAT IT TO ME. You can avoid many problems if you take the ball into your own hands... I always keep in mind - when I am ordering something above and beyond, or requesting something different, it is my responsibility to ensure that the person taking my order get it right. Never would I expect that I would not have to pay or expect a free meal. And like the previous person commented - that old adage that the customer is always right is a lie straight from hell! People should learn to be courteous to one another first of all; and not always snap because someone made a mistake. The customer is not always right.

• Pa
      26th of Jun, 2007

I have been curious about this for a long, long time. Can anyone tell me HOW Churches chicken is the only one who produces the HUGEST WINGS ever? I have been looking online and everywhere to find out where they get their chicken from. No one else, Popeyes, KFC, - no one - has chicken wings the size of churches.... can anyone respond?

• Le
      23rd of Jul, 2007

I had a bad experience recently at not one but TWO Churches Chicken franchises. The first is in Warner Robbins Ga where we kept having to repeat ourselves trying to get the drive threw employee to get the order right. I understand the difficulty of hearing through those less than top of the line speakers and microphones, but this was ridiculous. Then a week or so later, we went to the one in Macon, Ga on the corner on Pio Nono a block up from Ga 80 where we began to give our order and were interrupted and asked to drive around. When I got there, I was greeted shortly and I began to finish my order when I was rudely interrupted by the employee walking away while I was talking. I made a comment to my husband about her just walking away. I tried to get someones attention but was completely ignored. Finally I got her attention long enough to tell her she has what I had already given her wrong when she interrupted once again to tell me she knows I have more to my order but would I mind giving her a minute because she has other orders to worry about. She was rude and was looking at me like I was the aggressor. I was dumbfounded and angered. I said ok... and proceeded to drive away. Why should I do business with someone who has no concept what-so-ever of what the term Customer Service means?

• Da
      21st of Sep, 2007

Their parking lots are horrible. Potholes everywhere. My wife got hurt and we will never return to such a place.

• Da
      21st of Sep, 2007

In response to comment above, it is in Lucedale, MS where their parking lots are in bad shape. No pride in their place, let the customer get hurt apparently.

7th of May, 2008

If your youngest really needs 10 burgers and a 3 piece chicken, than the problem starts at home...

However if I have to spend TEN MINUTES (10 MINUTES) at the drive-thru cuz my son wants some zesty-zing sauce when you're out of it and can't ask me if I want sauce before I'm stuck at your window, honking and yelling, for TEN MINUTES (10 MINUTES) before someone comes back, because "Someone reported a fire in you parking lot" and caused everyone in your facility to leave, without dealing with your customers and calling the fire dept., than you are a piece of crap in my book and worthy of working at white castle.

11th of Dec, 2010

what kind of parent feeds their children at 9:45 at night? they should be in bed. you know dinner is typically between 4pm-7pm on any given night. and if you eat late and then go to bed you dont get a chance to burn it off. no wonder why our country is full of fatties. 9:45 at night and you got your kids eating??? your a joke!

11th of Dec, 2010

also, forgot to mention that do you think its wise to feed your kid 10 burgers??? your setting that child up for a life full of obesity and diabetes. 10 burgers??? at 9:45??? at anytime??? i'm just shaking my head in amazement.

• Eh
      30th of Jun, 2011

I don't think you should expect free service becuase they didn't give you your entire order at the same time. How long did you think it took to make 14 burgers and all the chicken? Anyway, if you didn't get your order read back to you, you ask for it back, don't sit there thinking 'Oh, she didn't read my order'. And did you honestly think you would get about $30 in food for free? Just ask for what you're missing, don't get all angry for no reason. In addition, when you said they only gave your son the buiscuit and chicken, they probably didn't give it to your son. That probably was the only thing that was finished at the time. I think YOU were the one with the bad attitude. -___- And what 11 year old kid needs 2 drinks before bed time ?

• Sh
      8th of Jun, 2015

**** WENT MISSING CHIHUAHUA****
    MARKINGS:
    1. 1 small slit on each ear
    2. Few moles near boy part
    Chihuahua went missing May 23rd, Saturday night around 11pm - midnight; at White Castle on Thompson Lane and Nolensville Road.
    The manager ( Michelle ), stated that my dog Vinnie ran across the street & was picked up by a car.
    The police viewed the surveillance tape & the officer stated that my dog never ran across Thompson Lane nor Nolensville Road. It took 12 days, before the manager (Michelle ) would let someone look at the surveillance tape. It may have been tampered with; to cover up deception & thievery.

Perpetrators, find a way to drop my dog off at a neutral safe shelter or any safe place like (Walmart - Kroger or preferably a CHURCH); with my flyer attached or my contact information, so I can retrieve my family member (Vinnie-my dog CHIHUAHUA ) and all will be final.
    My next step will be in court. I will request A Production of documents or things, which means anything tangible that is evidential to finding the truth. (Criminal case).
    Contact Sharon Redus @ 615-649-2925
    There is a Detective on the case due to the probability of a criminal case and tampering or editing the surveillance tape(s).

• Sh
      9th of Jun, 2015

THERE'S SOMEONE OUT THERE WHO KNOWS THE PERSON THAT TOOK MY CHIHAUHAU, IN THE PARKING LOT OF WHITE CASTLE AND CHURCH'S CHICKEN. IT HAPPENEDED ON MAY 23RD AROUND 11:30PM UNTIL 12 MIDNIGHT. PLEASE! PLEASE REPORT THIS TO THE POLICE (DETECTIVE SHUTHSMITH) OR CONTACT SHARON REDUS @ 615-649-2925 WITH LOCATION OF MY DOG.
    LARGE REWARD

MY CHIHAUHAU HAS ONE SMALL SLITS ON EACH YEAR.

• Cr
      15th of Aug, 2018
    Church's Chicken Restaurant - Item order
    Chattanooga
    Tennessee

The Brainerd Rd. Church's would not honor the Independence special on the
    8 pc. Legs and Thighs for 5.99.

They would sell this for 6.99.

I told them about church's sending me an Email on this. They still would not honor the special price of 5.99

Poor Management

Yours truly,

Creighton Coffey

• Do
      15th of Aug, 2018
    Churches Chicken - Chicken
    Detroit
    Maine

I purchased a 7 piece mixed and 2 can dine, I had a coupon for both the meat didn't look bad but I t tasted horrible you could tell that the grease need's to be change

16th of Aug, 2018
    Church's Chicken Restaurant - The half of chicken special
    HOUSTON
    Alaska

I bought a half of chicken Sunday it was so hard I wouldn't feed it to my dogs.The biscuit was no better I stopped buying the chicken a while back due to either over cooking or on Tuesdays under cooking.when you complain you get nasty attitudes .

• Gl
    Churches Chicken - Food is great no complaints about that
    Canton Texas

Just want to know when they will be building another Churches Chicken in Canton Texas. I'm tired of driving to another city to buy some. I either have to go to Terrell Texas or Tyler Texas.

• Ti
      20th of Aug, 2018
    Church's Chicken - I am a customer who has sat in drive through on Feb 18 th 2018 from 4.00pm and still sitting here
    Texarkana, Arkansaste

I pulled n drive through at 4pm still sitting here ordered a small r piece tender order.got to window at 4.25 to find out they have to cook some so now I'm waiting this is the worse service ever

• St
    Church's Chicken - Time closing and no longer cooking
    Thomasville
    Alabama

I was told that they only had dark. I orderd dark, they only had two pieces. I pulled around and they changed the story when I asked if they could cook some more. I could understand if it was 915 or so (since they close at 930) but it is only 815

• Li
      20th of Aug, 2018
    Church's Chicken - Churches chicken in Beeville Texas closing too early and disrespectful
    Beeville Texas
    churchs.com

This churches has been closing very early, my family and I love to eat it together on sundays but every time I get out at 8. Multiple times I have gone and the doors are locked and the employees are just standing and laughing. And from when I understand they close at 10 on weekdays and 11 on weekends. And the manager, Tim, is very disrespectful.

Church's Chicken - Raw chicken
    Tunica
    Mississippi

I got a three piece chicken strip meal took a bite and my chicken was still raw! I had driven to far to turn around and return it! When bitten into was very chewy and tasted awful. I watch the man pull them out the fryer in front of me!
    My email is mackenzieblb97@gmail.com