Whitby Oshawa Honda / 2004 Tw Civic Sir / Breach of contract!

1 300 Thickson Road SouthWhitby, Ontario, Canada Review updated:
Phone: (905) 666-1772

Was told the car was accident free and that a carproof/carfax would not be required. Requested a history/carproof 2 months after purchase due to peeling paint on the front bumper and discovered it had 2 claims for over $3, 000.00 cdn. Used Car Sales Rep and Manager were unable to provide answers as to how this was allowed to happen.

Filed a complaint on the lack of professional conduct & due diligence of said dealership with OMVIC and Honda Canada.

Hc

Comments

Bi
  1st of Jun, 2008

I am not surprised!

Ne
  15th of Mar, 2009

I had an incident with Pickering Honda (separate story I may still file here) and took my business to the NEW Whitby/Oshawa Honda Dealership. When I said I was unhappy with another dealership, they said, "Pickering Honda", and said so many of their customers were coming over. Well, in my humble opinion, Whitby Oshawa Honda is just as ignorant and self-serving as any other Honda dealership! Honda Canada also doesn't seem to care too much about complaints either. I have a few sad Honda Canada stories, however, this response is about Whitby Oshawa Honda, and I am not surprised at all.

The worst was when I had my wife's 2001 Civic undergo a major service including a Brake Service (approx. 80k km's). The next morning after bringing the car home, I had a small pool of brake fluid on the driveway on the inside side of the rear tire, drivers side (Saturday morning). So I cleaned it up and deposited a huge piece of cardboard down. Sunday morning, MORE brake fluid. So I call them and they immediately send a tow truck! Good? They inspect the car and say there is nothing wrong, and that it must have been just some spillage of brake fluid on the inside of the rim; NOT! And they just kept on insisting, like a stubborn child, the drain valve was always tight and no leakage. Even after I showed the cardboard and how much it was soaked!

Same car at 75k km's, needed new front shocks; what??? premature wear or what. So the Service manager says, "No problem, we'll give you 10% off on everything." This was an expensive job, so I said, "Ok, at least their trying." WRONG! I got like maybe 1% discount on the job; not even 10% on parts or service charge alone! Joke or what! They must be hitting there numbers and Gross Profit, so they don't care. This is a consistent management style at both dealerships, so they must be towing the Corporate line! Guess what, they don't have my revenue any more! And now I'm seeing and hearing many Honda nightmare stories.

I wonder how much business they'll lose during this economic downturn! I'll be trading the 2001 Civic and my 2003 CRV for something else. Mat as well let someone esle abuse me for a while, or maybe, just maybe another car dealership really wants my business enough to treat me properly. So I am now in search of positive comments about a particular car company that treats people right?

Thank you for reading!