Whirlpool / whirlpool freezer wzf79r18dm

Benton Charter MI, United States

We bought this freezer in November 2015. On Christmas Eve of 2016, it completely died. Hard to believe that something that costs $800 cannot last longer than one year. We had to throw away over half of the items in it. Even though we did not buy an extended warranty, Whirlpool has told us that they will fix it free of charge. On 1/2/2017, we were told a repairman would be here on the 12th to fix it. When he did not show up, I called him to see where he was. He said that he has told them numerous times(starting in October) that he would not work for them anymore until they changed their reimbursement system. I have called Whirlpool two more times since and have only gotten empty promises about someone getting in touch with me to set up a repair. It's pretty easy to promise a free repair when they don't send anyone here to actually do it. My husband talked to Allie on 1/2/2017. I talked to Alfreeda(spelling?) on 1/12/2017 and to Kristen on 1/18/2017. I have no case number or anything else to go on. I would like my freezer fixed or replaced!

• Whirlpool Corporation Customer Care's Response, Feb 08, 2017

Thank you for your feedback.
    We're very sorry to learn of your concerns regarding your freezer.
    I would like to inquire further about your review with you. Please respond back to this email address
    [protected]@Whirlpool.com with your name, phone number, street address, zip code,
    model & serial number, and date of purchase on the appliance.
    Thank you.