Whirlpool / whirlpool dishwasher
We purchased an extended service contract on our 2 1/2 year-old dishwasher about three months ago when we were renewing warranties on various household appliances. This is an annual exercise in our house. But now Whirlpool will not honor the contract because I could not precisely remember when the current malfunctioning occurred. They said that it must be a pre-existing condition and is therefore not covered. In order to avoid honoring the contract, they are holding me to a date that I was guessing about (when did the problem first appear) in a call with the phone rep. I don't keep exact dates, but they are using what I apparently said against me. The issue is recent, but I bought the warranty months ago...and now they will not honor it. It's only a matter of a couple of days. Bad customer service in my view. I don't think that I will be recommending Whirlpool anytime soon.
Thank you for your review.
We're very sorry to learn of your concerns regarding your Dishwasher. Whirlpool Service Plans will repair your appliance within the terms and conditions outlined under the "Service Event" section of your contract. Please contact Whirlpool Service Plans at 866-265-0028 for assistance or additional information about your contract.
More Whirlpool Complaints & Reviews
- Whirlpool Hot Water Heaters - product is junk, they don't honor warranty and the customer service sucks! 
- Whirlpool Gold Series Refrigerators - Model Gs6shexnl00 - electronic control pcb know defective by whirlpool - will not recall 
- Maytag / Whirlpool Centennial Washer Model#mvwc6esww1 - defective clothes washers 
- Whirlpool India / Refrigerator - whirlpool refrigerator found defective! 
- Whirlpool - I hate this stupid thing 
- Whirlpool Corporation - Hotpoint engineer
- Whirlpool Corporation - refrigerator
- Whirlpool Corporation - warranty service 
- Whirlpool - refrigerator
- Whirlpool Corporation - dishwasher