Whirlpool / Washing Machine / waranty renewal scam

United States, Utah Review updated:
I purchased a whirlpool washing machine in the year 2007. Upon having my repair issue's & purchasing a waranty renewal agreement, (after the repurchase) I was then informed that I wouldn't be able to use the service due to other administrative details.

I called whirlpool's hot line for customer service, only to find very rude unconsiderate sales person's with little or no regard to customer service. The only human response I was to encounter that day was very rude man with small concern for a paying customer. I was literally hung up on twice, & not until I insisted on a refund was I given any decent response for my concern at all. The same man who hung up on me had the odassity to insinuate that as a costomer of whirlpool I hadn't had the comprehensive ability to use my warantty information in the correct manner, (as if there is actually a correct way) and that was actually why I was having problem scheduling service.

I am very disgustd with the experience I was forced to endure & I hope that anyone else who has had the same problem will benifit from this copmlaint.

D  15th of Apr, 2009 by
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
This complaint was filed to the wrong company. Whirlpool does not sale any ESP, the company that handles the "Whirlpool and Kitchenaid extended service agreement" is handled by a company called AON, I've never heard of an issue like that, if you could post the phone number you called and I'll check if it's actually AON or not. Please do not file a complaint until you're sure you know who you're speaking about.

Whirlpool Corporation Logo Whirlpool Corporation