Whirlpool / washing machine - horrible
Horrible Customer Service. I purchased a washing machine in November, 2015 and my repair tech came out in March, 2018 and said that the bearings ruptured and the washing machine is unrepairable - Model WTW 5000DW1 - due to poor manufacturing. I contacted the place that I purchased it at and they directed me to Whirlpool. This is where I was told had I purchased the extended warranty, they would assist. But because they were not going to stand past the one year standard warranty and could not support their product to perform past that one year, they would not assist- shocking that they take that position on their products. I could have a repair tech out of their choice that I would pay for to be told exactly the same thing. And if I wanted to, they could sell me another item that they would not stand behind at a discounted rate - seriously! It will be a very cold day before I purchase another Whirlpool item with that type of service for the customer who paid good money for this washing machine. I was beyond amazed at the amount of excuses one organization to could provide through three different people. The talent to train their team with those horrible answers was impressive.
Updated by spies04, Mar 06, 2018
Thank you for the note. Yes, I would agree that Whirlpool is not obligated to extend any services. However, I did report multiple sources that this is a defect in these machines that both the repair service and the sellers of the machines are reporting. They were not willing to investigate further and basically told me I was out of luck. My other frustration is that we are no longer able to purchase items for hundreds of dollars that will maintain service for any period of time past the warranty that only results in the consumers having to purchase additional protection for more money. I understand that the complexities of electronics will impact this. However, this is not an electronic issue but rather a defect in the manufacturing of the machine which I can only hope is not a short cut that the consumers are paying for. I also do not believe Customer Service can be maintained with cards we give these team members to work from. That only fueled my anger and unfortunately, they were recipient of my frustration. We should not feel obligated to always have to purchase an extended warranty because we cannot rely on companies to support their products. I have investigated another vendor who is offering a three year warranty on their product which I find very interesting.
More Whirlpool Complaints & Reviews
- Whirlpool Hot Water Heaters - product is junk, they don't honor warranty and the customer service sucks! 
- Whirlpool Gold Series Refrigerators - Model Gs6shexnl00 - electronic control pcb know defective by whirlpool - will not recall 
- Maytag / Whirlpool Centennial Washer Model#mvwc6esww1 - defective clothes washers 
- Whirlpool India / Refrigerator - whirlpool refrigerator found defective! 
- Whirlpool - I hate this stupid thing 
- Whirlpool / Cabrio Washer - wpw 
- Whirlpool India - Mastermind Refrigerator - non-functioning refrigerator
- Whirlpool - whirlpool dryer handle!
- Whirlpool Air Conditioner - not working due to many drawback 
- Whirlpool - defective kitchenaid products