Whirlpool / stove top model wcg51us0d500

Marble Falls, TX, United States

We purchased this stove top July 2015 at a Home Depot Sale to install in a home we were building. We installed in July 2016. Within 6 weeks the first knob broke. And as of 2 weeks ago all knobs have broken and cannot be used to turn the store burners on or off. I feel these knobs are inferior and need to be redesigned stronger so the plastic stems that fit over the gas controls do not split with normal use. I called to see if there was another option I could purchase and was told the knobs were the same and cost $32 a piece. We purchased 7 appliances for our new home, all of which were Whirlpool or Maytag. This incident has convinced me that the quality of this brand is in question and hope Whirlpool will acknowledge this defect and replace thesee knobs with ones that will work. If not I will replace the whole stove top, not with one of the Whirlpool brands.

• Whirlpool Corporation Customer Care's Response, Jun 26, 2017

Hi, my name is Melanie, and I am contacting you on behalf of Whirlpool Corporation. We would like this opportunity to address your concerns. Please provide your name, user ID (Sheri Apple), ID number (100226), address, phone number, model with serial number, and website you were contacted on (ComplaintsBoard.com). Email to [protected]@whirlpool.com, and we would review your concerns with you.

Sh