Whirlpool / Stove / quality and service

After the stove model # wfe361lvq0 was delivered, I saw how cheap it was built. I paid $499 for the stove on 10/03/2010, and on 11/25/2010 a turkey fell on the stove and broke the glass top. their service said broken glass is not under warrenty, and told me it would cost $512.28 to fix! that is more than I paid for the stove. I want to warn people, the stove; quality wise, is only worth $100 in my opinion. and when the cheap glass top breaks, it will end up costing you over $1000.00, after purchase and repair.

Comments

1st of Dec, 2010

i agree it was my fault, i guess people dont mind spending way more than something is worth, and then having to pay full purcase price again to have just a part fixed? i should have researched more, but my intent was to warn people about the quality, as accidents happen.. i see you obviously dont mind buying 10 stoves, or spending $10, 000. i thought that some people may not have $1000 to spend, i guess, $10, 000 is just normal to spend..

1st of Dec, 2010

a turkey is one thing, but pots and pans with water in them, grease splatter can make handles slippery, a stove is meant to be cooked on, not just looked at. if the turkey i had did that, a pot or pan can as they will not absorb part of the impact as a turkey will.