Whirlpool Refrigerator / fridge door broken

1 India Review updated:

We bought whirlpool 310 double door refrigerator in Jan 2007 and after buying it we observed that the fridge is not working. After some persuasion the technician came and said that there is no gas and it has to be refilled. I don't know how come the new fridge had this problem.

Recently (in november) one day my wife opened the fridge door (the main compartment door) and surprisingly the entire door came out. The hinges on which it was moving broke. I was shocked to see this as this is the first time i saw this kind of problem.

Now i want to get my fridge replaced but nobody is listening. i think the product is not up to the mark.

• Whirlpool Corporation Customer Care's Response, Aug 19, 2013

Hello Dheeraj. My name is Melanie and I am a representative with Whrilpool. We apologize about the frustration you have experienced with your refrigerator. If you would like us to look into this further, please provide your name, the name of the site you were contacted on (ComplaintsBoard), your user ID name (dheeraj goyal), your phone number, your address, the full model and serial number, and email the requested information to Whrilpool.Digital@Whirlpool.com. We would be happy to review your concerns further. Sincerely, Melanie.

Comments

• Ra
      24th of Dec, 2007

I have an identical problem! I was surprised such things happen! I bought the same 310 double door "Ice Magic" model in October 2006. Exactly after the one -year warranty expiration time, it stopped cooling, and some condenser had to be replaced. One month later, I opened the door and it came broken off: the metal hinge rod was broken!! After complaining repeatedly for oneweek the service mancame and replaced the hinge and we will wait for the next thing to go wrong in a month's time!!

This product is definitely of very poor manufacturing quality!

• De
      2nd of Feb, 2008

Hi ,

I am Deepika and i am having problem in my refregirator , the bottom beeding is gone and the color is Blue and it is 260 Lt please help me on this

Regards,
    Deepika

29th of Jan, 2009

To
    Regional Manager - Sales,
    Whirlpool of India Limited,

Sub: Replacement of Broken Freezer Base – Iceberg Elite, (Purchase date 15 / 05 / 08)
    Ref: Complaints LK/C/05-08/19504 and LK 0109000962, dated 05 / 01 / 09

D’ Sir,
    I wish to bring to your notice that:

• Ice – scaling was observed at the freezer compartment floor corrugations last summer- AUG’ 2008 and reported to customer care.
    • Due to condensation, the coil behind becomes thickly frosted. It is presumed, during power failures, on melting, WATER, trickles from behind the back panel at the floor and settles of the corrugation channels of the freezer. This, freezes soon on resumption of power and operation of the fridge.
    • The service engineer upon examination had opened the back panel and comprehensively TAPED the base; behind the face-panel- Aug /Sep ’08 – This did not solve the problem.

• A FRESH COMPLAINT WAS LODGED. THE SAME SERVICE ENGINEER REPORTED FOR INSPECTION ON 05 / 01 / 09
    • However, this time exess cooling and broken freezer base has been reported, without a second look behind the panel. The engineer recollected the features of the problem and made a few verbal queries assuring us that the replacement of the broken part shall soon be made.

I wonder why taping was resorted to as a makeshift / temporary service delivery at the first instance. Whirlpool definitely would not recommend clumsy service delivery to superficially pacify unknowledgeable consumers.

• Several reminders have been made during the past month to your service call center, each time assurance is given that the redressal shall be made within the week / 24 Hrs. – but to no avail.

I request you to please look into the matter so that whatever is needed to be done is complied soon so that I may have sufficient time to convince myself that the defect is rectified within the one year comprehensive guarantee period. Hope you’ll oblige.

Thanking you,

India

whirlpool refrigrator not working

• Ni
      19th of Aug, 2013

We bought whirlpool 310 double door refrigerator in 2007, identical problem! my wife opened the fridge door (the main compartment door) and surprisingly the entire door came out. The hinges on which it was moving broke. Its been 20 days and service center does not know, when would be part be made avaliable, not they are ready to fix this...