Whirlpool India / Refrigerator / whirlpool refrigerator giving problems

I have purchased 250 liters (Icemagic Elite)refrigerator from Rahul Electronics dealer situated in Dahisar East (mumbai-india). In june 2005 It stops cooling. When I called the service person, He changed the pcb of the refrigerator which costs me Rs. 2475/-.

Now again in may 2007 the same problem occurred. Again when I called service person. He told me again the same (PCB)problem. Now it is costing me Rs. 3178. Finally when I asked him to replace the PCB because three was no other alternative, he tried to replace PCB but not new but already used and repaired. I bring this to his notice but he was not ready to listen. And keep on continuing that the PCB is the new one.

When I lodged complaint against that service person in the service branch located at borivali, they did nothing.

I am not getting what to do next? And how many more times I have to change the PCB?

A  3rd of Jun, 2007 by
I fully agree with Mr. Mohan V Bhode. I also bought Iceberg 310 ltr refrigerator on 15th March,07. It was replaced the same day as the gas was not circulating in the pipes. The second refrigerator is also giving problem. The gasket of lower door is not in touch with the body. I made a complaint on 14th May, 07 and a service engineer came but the problem persisted. I again phoned and the same service engineer came and informed that the lower door has to be changed. It would take 4 or 5 days.But till day nothing has been done in spite of regular phone calls/e-mails.

Does the Co. have any policy to give prompt service?

I hope somebody higher up reads this and solves my problem

N  3rd of Jun, 2007 by
Whirlpool refrigerator giving Many Critical problems

We have purchase Whirlpool 350 ELITE Refrigerator in 2003 dec, from Rajkot dealer .After some 4-5 month its stop working, ( We have all record Date written on the Back of refrigerator),we complain service center & After checking by service person, he says compressor is defective & need to replace, so after some 10-15 days after fighting to Ahmedabad service chief, he send us new compressor which was removed from new refrigerator, Then in 2004 again its gives problem, we call service person & he says PCB, Electronic Refrigerator control Module is Defective & need to replace, we pay some of 2500/= Rs + for the same.

Then in 2007 then same above problem occur, & need to replace the Module, we again Pay for 1160/=Rs so in Just 4 years its give majore problems, Whirlpool refrigerator many complain on net which By Mr Mohan, Kamal Budhdev, & many more which are right, we have seen than Indian Refrigerator Godrej, Kelvinator Etc... which gives trouble free operation, for atleast 10-15 years, The whirlpool refrigerator which is not proven for indian condition why whirlpool should modified the module & give replace to customer, Kalpesh
A  12th of Aug, 2007 by
Agree Disagree -1 Votes
Even we bought the Wirlpool Icemagic Refigerator, although which comes with the 7yrs warranty it still gives the same unique problem of not cooling. It's been 3 years now and we faced this problem yesterday for the first time. When checked with the local AC/Fridge repair walla he also said that parts have gone bad and said that it will cost me around 3000/- Rs so when asked him for the service center's number he refused and said "Aapko nahi milega sir blah blah blah... merese kaam karvana hai ya nahi... I said I will get you the parts and give it to you" , I thought of checking with some other guys too. Hopefully will come to know if the problem is with the parts or not.

Even I think that these Foregin Refrigerators and washing machines are not reliable... better buy Indian only, at least you wont have to worry till 10 yrs.
N  3rd of Nov, 2008 by
I purchase whirlpool refrigerator model 324 Silver royal Fasuion
6th sense automatic operating system i not understand please send to your person. thanking you.

md mukarrram
H no 24-150/3
2nd floor East anand bagh
hyderbad 500 047
mobile no 98856 49268
A  31st of Jan, 2009 by

My personal suggestion not to go for Whirlpool, as i having a bad experience of buying Whirlpool refrigerator for 15 K where the main item refrigerator which is Door that itself problem. The Door Holder is made with just a plastic mould which got broken with is short life and there is no replacement from Whirlpool. Multiple follow-up with whirlpool made but the effort is waste.
A  5th of Oct, 2009 by
I have WP Icemagic 220L Elite and it has already given PCB issues twice in 5 years. Their quality of electronics is pathetic and more pathetic is their quality of customer service. Except for the compressor, they have everything that works only for an year where their guarantee elapses.
N  11th of Dec, 2009 by

#34/69, Perianna Mudali Street,
Chennai - 600 001.

Ref: P.S.Amanulla, Cell No.98410 66786,

Your Complaint No.CN1209010756, Dt.07.12.09
Your Complaint No.CN1209012616, Dt.08.12.09

I had bought the whirlpool refrigerator double door professional 450ltrs model from your showroom at chennai. It gives problem by non-forming ice for last one week after finishing its warranty.

Is it your products working valid for one year only?

I made a complaint on 7th and 8th December, 09 and a service engineer Mr.Sri Ram came but the problem persisted. Ref. Your Complaint Nos.10756 / 12616 and he demand to pay the amount of Rs.1800/= for repairing and Rs.340/= as a service charge. Kindly Note his cell no.95000 74112

I again phoned and the same customer centre, they had changed as my complaint no.16726. and dt.10th December, 09.

But till day nothing has been done in spite of regular phone calls.

The product which i purchased from you is valuable Rs.35, 000/=. But no use of it.

Does the Co. have any policy to give prompt service?

I hope somebody higher up reads this and solves my problem

N  3rd of Nov, 2010 by
The Regional Sales Manager

Sub : Complain regarding after sale service of Whirlpool Refrigerator

I purchased one Whirlpool Refrigeration Model Fusion 200 Premium from your authorized dealer M/s Multi Channel Electronics Pvt. Ltd. 23/17 Gariahat Road, Kolkata – 700029 vide Tax Invioce No. 77903 Dt. 13/04/2009.

I faced some problem of he Refrigerator formation of hard ice in the Deep Fridge and less cooling of the lower part and tried to contact you. South service centre Mob. No. 98310-50226/50227 but no response was received.

Thereafter I contacted the dealer who assured to send the service engineer. I waited for a month but nobody attended against the complain. My brother again telephoned the dealer on 29/09/2010 at 1:30 PM and the dealers representative misbehaved with him. He told to throw out the old one and buy a new. After pursuing he told sarcastically that service engineer will attend during 2014.

This type of behavior from your dealer is unexpected and implies that your product is not good which claims to be the worlds no. – 1 and also your after sales service is worst. I am thinking that I have made a great blunder buying your product and I shall advice my friends not to purchase your product to avoid after sales harassment and misbehavior from your dealer

However please confirm whether your service engineer will attend to look into the complain or I have to contact outside service engineer.

Awaiting for your early reply.

Date :
Place : 12/1A/49 Choubaga Road,
Kolkata - 700039
Cont. No. 8013553744 ( P. K. SARKAR)
N  4th of Jan, 2014 by
Kind Attn: Mr. Varun Talwar
Head-Whirlpool Products, Corporate Office

Dear Sir,

With deep grief and agony, I wish to bring up the product quality of Whirl Pool refrigerator I purchased.

I have purchased a double door Refrigerator Model NEO IC 495 vide Next Retail India bill no. 3340112099 dated 15.08.2012.

Unfortunately, this refrigerator started giving some heavy sound during the 12th Month of warranty, which was later stopped in some days and we thought as body vibrations.

However, it took some time for us to realize that the Refrigerator has lost cooling except in Freezer section and by the time, the warranty expired by few days.

We have registered a complaint through Customer care and an Engineer from Royal Service, Navi Mumbai has attended the equipment vide job No.13779 .

On inspection, he reported that the Main Controller PCB has failed and need a replacement with a costing of Rs.3500/-

Sir, with deep shock, I am to submit that how the controller PCB of a Machine costing Half Lakh rupees can fail within 11 Months of use?

I have purchased this refrigerator with lot of expectation that it will give me trouble free operation for 7-8 years since it is from “Whirlpool”, the Company has the history of delivering the best and durable Products to customers across India.

Prior to Buying Whirl Pool, I have used brands like Kelvinator, Videocon etc which has given me long life time of 12 years, but how can I expect the best brand Whirlpool product can fail in 11 Months?

Does this shows that the Product quality of Whirlpool is actually not as felt in the Market?

Sir, as a humble customer who has full trust and belief on the Whirlpool brand, request you to kindly look in to my case as a special since the defect was developed during warranty (unaware of what was happening) and do needful to rectify the defect under warranty with no further financial OBLIGATIONS on me.

Awaiting for your quick and kind acknowledgement immediately as I am not able to use the Machine properly,

I remain,

Warm regards,

TN Sreenivasan
Flat No.301, Sunrise Arcade,
Plot 100, Sector 16,
Koperkhairane, Navi Mumbai
N  2nd of Mar, 2016 by
Whirlpool quality & also service is horrible, our double door fridge purchased in 2012 is down last 1 month, changed fan motor, lamp, holder, door switch and now they have disappeared? I had to call private service technician & get it repaired. Will never recommend to buy any appliance from Whirlpool.

S L jain