Whirlpool / electrical fire
Whirlpool gas range drop in MOD # SCS3017RB00, SER # XS4112936.
We purchased our home, from JTS new in 2005, only lived there part time until February 2016 and full time since, hence the unit only has 5 yrs use.
Last night I hear tic, tic, tic, I look around then I head a couple of ticks, I go to the kitchen and notice that the igniters on the burners are flickering, I check the on/off knobs they are off then all 4 burners are ignited, by the time I get the bottom drawer out and pull the plug and turn off the gas supply the wires catch fire, nothing I could do, tried to unbolt the unit but by that time the wires burnt up leaving a burnt wire smell all through the house. What if I was not home, this is how electrical fires start. I'm mystified how this occurred and wonder if other units have done the same thing?
More Whirlpool Complaints & Reviews
- Whirlpool Hot Water Heaters - product is junk, they don't honor warranty and the customer service sucks! 
- Whirlpool Gold Series Refrigerators - Model Gs6shexnl00 - electronic control pcb know defective by whirlpool - will not recall 
- Maytag / Whirlpool Centennial Washer Model#mvwc6esww1 - defective clothes washers 
- Whirlpool India / Refrigerator - whirlpool refrigerator found defective! 
- Whirlpool - I hate this stupid thing 
- Whirlpool / Cabrio Washer - wpw 
- Whirlpool India - Mastermind Refrigerator - non-functioning refrigerator
- Whirlpool - whirlpool dryer handle!
- Whirlpool Air Conditioner - not working due to many drawback 
- Whirlpool - defective kitchenaid products