Whirlpool / electrical fire

United States Review updated:

Whirlpool gas range drop in MOD # SCS3017RB00, SER # XS4112936.
We purchased our home, from JTS new in 2005, only lived there part time until February 2016 and full time since, hence the unit only has 5 yrs use.
Last night I hear tic, tic, tic, I look around then I head a couple of ticks, I go to the kitchen and notice that the igniters on the burners are flickering, I check the on/off knobs they are off then all 4 burners are ignited, by the time I get the bottom drawer out and pull the plug and turn off the gas supply the wires catch fire, nothing I could do, tried to unbolt the unit but by that time the wires burnt up leaving a burnt wire smell all through the house. What if I was not home, this is how electrical fires start. I'm mystified how this occurred and wonder if other units have done the same thing?

Ra
Sep 18, 2017

Comments

• Wp
      Sep 19, 2017

Rangs,

Thank you for your review.

We would like to inquire further about your review with you. Please email us at [protected]@Whirlpool.com, with your name, phone number, street address, zip code, model & serial number, and date of purchase on the Gas Range. Please also copy and paste your review from complaintsboard into the email as well.

I look forward to your reply.

Flo B.