Whirlpool Dehumidifier / does not work

United States Review updated:
This is the third complaint I have made on line... I made one call in oct 06 on this dehumidifier. It has not worked from the first day. I returned it to store and they pointed out to me that I needed to deal with whirlpool... I attempted this on the 800 number and got no satisfaction. I then purchased a new one which has worked in just the right manner. I have now ontacted you in the only manner that I know and that is as a complaint. I misquoted the the price, stati ng $236. Plus tax. I now believe it was $239.00 plus tax, as I have just purchased another one at that price. My paper work says 10-06... I expect a refund of the purchase price as I need to purchase another one today. I am putting these in rental properties and also in my sons home. What can I do to receive satisfaction? (3 requests) I cannot ignore this expense and forget it. It is just too much money. I have the box it came in as it has just been sitting there. I can ship to whatever address, at your cost, that you wish...

Comments

Ma
  4th of Oct, 2007
Called 800 number on appliance and was told basically that it did work. I have not been able to use at all and had to purchase a new one. I have it in original box and purchased at Lowes of Elizabethtown, Ky. I still would like this to work but it does not. I plug it in and it run for a short time then emits a smell of overheating and shuts off in just a few minutes. Has not yet dehumidified at all....No moisture has been collected. I am not interested buying parts and trying to repair this unit. I would like to ship to Whirl pool at their cost and receive the $239.00 plus 6% tax back to pay for the cost of purchasing an identical one. M. H. Boone, PO Box 702, Elizabethtown, Ky. 42701.

Whirlpool Corporation Logo Whirlpool Corporation