Whirlpool / Cabrio He Washing Machine / lousy customer service

Toronto, Ontario, Canada Review updated:
3.55
I purchased a Cabrio in February 2007. The machine never worked and the repairman sent out 3 days later said he did not know how to repair it! After pestering Whirlpool and Tasco from whom I purchased the machine for 3 weeks, I finally received a new machine a month later. This machine worked great until 3 weeks ago - it is now less than 20 months old. Because it is outside the 1 year warrenty, Whirlpool will do nothing. The extended guarantee is in force but the part is on back order. No service person has come out to check out the machine, they have diagnosed over the phone that it is a broken pump. The part was finally ordered 5 days after reporting the malfunction and I was told I was fortunate that they had been able to locate one in the U.S. Apparently the pump is on back-order everywhere and exceedingly difficult to get. However, Whirlpool refused to send it by courier, saying they weren't set up to do that - can you believe? I was told it would be a maximum 10 working days. The 10 days came and went and the liason at Whirlpool was awol. When finally tracked down 2 days later, I was told that the part had been sent to Calgary, not Toronto. Again, no one returned calls. Finally today I'm told it has been sent from Calgary and will be with the service company sometime tomorrow - Friday but maybe not til Monday or Tuesday next week...4 weeks after first being reported. Don't have any faith it will happen. Thanks Mom for letting me use your 25 year old Maytag. Don't buy another one though if it breaks because Maytag now owned by ... Whirlpool!

Comments

St
  23rd of Feb, 2010
Whirpool Cabrio washer is the biggest piece of crap I have ever owned!!! I will NEVER NEVER NEVER buy ANYTHING whirlpool agin!!! I have had my washer a little over 2 years and had to have it repaired twice and now it won't work because the lid won't lock. Don't ever buy this washer, sooo not worth the money!!!
Br
  4th of Apr, 2011
whirlpool cabrio 5600 is a mechanical flop!
Ro
  25th of Jun, 2011
Whirl Poo Cabrio is hunk of junk I wish I had never bought. Does not rinse clothes properly, spin cycle does not run, lid will no longer lock so the washer will not run now. Hunk of ###!

Whirlpool Corporation Logo Whirlpool Corporation