Wheel City Auto / Scam and cheating!

1 Sioux Falls, SD, United States Review updated:

Hi... yes my husband an i both fell for their crap... back in oct. we had gotten an email saying that we could have a new car with great financing... well my husband pays child support so he doesn't have the best credit... well anyways... we called wheel city an set up an appointment... not having any idea what we were getting into... it was set up at 6:30pm... well my husband got the day off an we left early... mind u we live 3 hours away... we drive up an there was 8 guys standing outside like WAITING for people... my husband made the comment... wow... how many do we need to talk too... sooo one walks up to us an i said i had an appointment he says okay come on in an we will get u situated... we walk in an it was crazy... lol... never seen anything like it... he takes us to his little cubic space fill out some paper work... offers some pop an walks away says he is gonna do a credit check... okay... comes back... he says... there is good news... we did 2 credit checks... one says u don't have anything on ur credit an the other company says ur good.ok... my mind is going a mile a minute... he asks what we are looking for... told him a van.he says lets see what the banker says... walks away an comes back with a piece of paper... says if you put down 800.00 dollars down the van is yours... with 75.00 a week payments... whaaat? My husband bellers out... keep in mind on the email it said NO MONEY DOWN... i told him cant do it... we left there without a car an very upset... NEVER AGAIN... funny thing is... we go to our local bank the very next morning an we got APPROVED for a hellva lot cheaper van... waste of time!!!

Va

Comments

• Em
      25th of Apr, 2009

My Husband and I went to Wheel City about a year and half ago. We got a 1998 Mini-van. We had to put down over 700 dollars and a weekly payment of 80 dollars a week. We are still paying for this van and it will equal out over 10, 000 dollars total after we get done! I will never go to wheel city again! We are so tempted to give the van back but don't want it to mess with our credit and honestly, we need the van. Even though it breaks down all the time. First time was 2 weeks after getting it! I mean c'mon, its a 1998 not a 2008!! AND if we are barely 2 payments behind they threaten to come take it and they call every single one of our 10 people contacts we were forced to give them! They are SO riping us off! I won't mind paying this amount if it was 2008 van not 1998! We already paid WAY over book value for it and it's costing us tons of money on repairs! What a rip off!!! Dont believe their crap!