What on Earth Catalog / VIP club

1 Hudson, OH, United States Review updated:

I have ordered something from this website www.whatonearthcatalog.com and they signed me up for a VIP membership!!
I never agreed to anything and I did not sign up, I only made an order and that's it. When I contacted customer service and asked them to refund the money they charged for their so called VIP club they refused. They said that when I ordered my item I agreed to that and gave my permission. Total scam!! I asked them to cancel my membership and they said that was not possible! So I had to call my bank and cancel my card. I will not allow them to steal from me!

Jo
Nov 10, 2016

More What on Earth Catalog Complaints & Reviews

Comments

• Un
      10th of Nov, 2016

We are very sorry for the disappointing experience you had with your order. At the end of the order process on our website there is an offer for free shipping or a $15 cash back rebate. You must click the offer and enter your email address to sign up for the VIP program. We never refuse to cancel a membership, and we are sorry if there was a miscommunication. Please contact the What On Earth VIP Insider program at 1-888-709-0726 to cancel and receive a refund.

• Ca
      16th of Jan, 2019

@Universal Screen Arts I feel like you would stop this unethical behavior if you were really sorry. Don't offer people free shipping if you are going to turn around and siphon money out of their bank accounts. Just acknowledge that the shipping is cheaper than the $14.95 you take from them. You know what you are doing is underhanded, so why do it??? Are you that strapped for profits? Up your prices if that's the problem.

• Cu
      31st of Jan, 2017

Same thing happened to me. Each month I get a $14.95 charge added to my credit bard bill - which I dispute.
    Also, I paid for shipping on my t-shirt order so I am unclear what Universal Screen Arts is trying to say.
    It shouldn't be about cancelling a membership since I just wanted to make a single purchase from your website... Not sign up for you to try to scam $14.95 out of me. Luckily American Express handles these disputes for me, but I feel obligated to get my example of frustration out.

12th of Jan, 2019

The same thing happened to me. This is wrong. I found a $14.95 charge on my Am Ex this morning. I never intended to sign up and strongly object to the tactic