wfnnb/Victoria's Secret / Telephone Harassment

1 Sycamore, IL, United States Review updated:

I encourage anyone and everyone never to shop at Victoria's Secret again. I was one week late on my credit card payment, a one-time mistake. Victoria's Secret's WFNNB credit card company called me 50 times in one week. The woman scolded me, implied I was some kind of deadbeat or thief. I told her I was an attorney, and under the federal Fair Debt Collection Practices Act section 806 (5) repeatedly calling a consumer to harass in order to collect a debt is a federal crime. She said that collection agencies are exempted, being imperfect and trying to justify her egregious conduct.

I regret making a payment to this woman, I'd already mailed it in and she got a commission on my extra payment.

Never again will I shop at Victoria's Secret. I will pay off the entire 150 or so I owe them so they can't collect interest, close my account, and encourage other people not to shop there. They're getting money from these debt collection phone calls. If I start a public campaign to encourage people to stop shopping there, maybe they will lose business because of their horrendous customer service.

Comments

29th of Mar, 2009

It's not only VIctoria's Secret, but also Dress Barn. I got a call every day this week, sometimes two a day. Each time I informed the annoying person on the other side that I was currently unemployed and I could not in any way pay this bill right now. She went on to actually suggest I borrow money from someone to pay the bill (like that's going to help me when I have no income coming in); I was asked if I was getting unemployment and if I can take some of THAT money to pay the bill. I told this broad that for one, the State I live in is far behind in sending out unemployment money and second, it was none of her damn business if I got unemployment or not. I am sending a letter cc'ing the principals at Dress Barn and also WFNNB. I don't know if it will make a difference, but please...I have had very good luck with my other creditors about my bills. Most of which understood and said that as soon as I could, just send in a payment. No instrusive questions or outrageous suggestoins. So I'll see what happens with Dress Barn.

• Kr
      16th of Apr, 2009

If you happen to notice WFNNB stands for World Financial Network Bank, not Victorias Secret. This bank also owns your Gap, Old Navy, Banana republic, Lane Bryant, Express, Limited, etc. etc. Credit Cards. Needless to say you dont need to stop shopping at VS. You need to take this complaint up with that bank. All retail locations with a store credit card utilize a leased bank. It has nothing to do with the stores reps.

• Re
      30th of Jun, 2009

The exact same situation happened to me today. I was ONE week late. I have never been late before, and this woman was an absolute NIGHTMARE on the phone. I, of course, had all intention to pay the bill and did pay it immediately, but I was HORRIFIED by her conduct and want redemption. Does anyone know of a way to report these people? There must be laws against unjustified harassment.

• Sp
      4th of Aug, 2009

I got a call from wfnnb 614-729-6077 and was immediately put on hold, then a "Maurice" came on the line asking for my wife. I let him know how upset I was with his call in the middle of the night and to never call again. He was rude and said he would make sure I got another "thousand calls". I agree Victoria Secret will no longer be a place where my wife shops and if I could just get a chance to meet "Maurice" I would show him how I really feel!

Steve

5th of Sep, 2009

My payment history was stellar..paid ahead and above required amount. Deployed overseas for 2 months..sent a letter to their cust svc adhead of time advising of same. Advised could not access online payment on internet from overseas location. Sent payment from overseas internationl. Advised they never received. Arrived home this week for short week ...checked my account ...was 30d late due to pymet not received. Made an online paymet immediately to come current. They dropped my credit limit from $1140 to $190 afer years of loyal customer and ontime payments. now I am over the credit limit with remaining balance of under $400 bad on credit report..received call every 90 minutes all day and evening even though the payment showed in system ..was advised it had not "posted yet" but was definitetly in system...Catch 22, credit agnecies advise if you close accounts it can hurt your FICO score...but tactics like this can do also. Harassment all day all evening..will keep very low balance on card to keep open but will NEVER shop at VS again...their items have become overpriced crap anyway. Have an ill relative, so running for the phone all day for several days...horrible that these "suits" can invade your home and privacy and credit for one time mistake and get paid for it ...Never again...

Norah

• Ms
      25th of Sep, 2009

I get calls from WFNB daily, 4-5 times a day. I had been ignorning them and I finally answered them today. When I did, the man said "hello" and then hung up on me. I do have a Victoria's Secret Credit Card, which has no balance right now and I had never been late on my payments anyway. But I found a phone # (800-220-1181) and I called it today. It was a recording, so I put in my VS account # and it asked me if I wanted to opt out of them sharing information with other merchants so I chose YES. I don't know if it worked or what that actually has done, but I'm hoping it will stop the calls. It's ridiculous that they call relentlessly and when you do answer, they hang up! They need to be reported and someone needs to put a stop to this!!!

• Ro
      5th of Apr, 2010

WFNNB is an awful company. They are not willing to work with you and good luck trying to talk with a live person when calling. They seem to enjoy harassing you without really looking for a resolution.

• Yo
      19th of Aug, 2010

They harrassed me as well. I had made above and beyond the minimum payment required but it was the first time it was not the ENTIRE amount of the full payment - still, it was about four times as much as my minimum payment (we're talking $20 minimum payment and I sent in a check for $80, which was less than the $82.34 I owed). I also always pay in full and this was my first time it was NOT in full - by a few bucks! Regardless of my stellar history in paying immediately and in full, I've been harrassed over $2.24 on the phone on a daily basis. The tone of the caller who leaves messages is almost like I've committed some kind of pivotally disastrous, atrocious act ... Ridiculous!

• Na
      30th of Oct, 2010

On 07/10 I made a purchase of 24.00 and some change. The purchase was made with my Victoria's Secrets credit card. On 9/10 I received a phone call from W orld Financial collection company. they stated that my account was passed due, I never received a bill from them, and I totally forgot that I made a purchase there. I asked if they could please send a bill to me, they said no. I paid the bill over the phone, they also told me that they had the wrong address, and that the problem would be corrected. on 10/10 I received another call from World Financial stating that I now owe 53.00. I told them that I was not responsiable for anymore, A Juan ID# 2234 said that my bill would be cleared. I called back in one hour to see if it in fact had been clear, it had not. When I spoke to another customer service rep they told me it would take two business days. I will never use store credit cards from Victoria's Secrets, Gap, Old Navy, Banana Republic, Lane Bryant, Express Limited. All of these companies use World Financial.

• Fa
      5th of Nov, 2010

I shopped at a Victoria’s Secret store a while ago. I never received a bill from them. I have a really busy life and somehow forgot about it. This morning WFNNB called me at 5AM. When I picked it up, they hung up right away. Same thing happened again at 6AM. (How annoying!!) I called the number at 8AM. They said my bill was past due. I told them I never received a bill. I then called the number on the back of my VS card. The customer service rep told me I signed up for paperless which I never did. Even if I did, I have NEVER received any bill via email from VS! My $30 bill became $64! They wanted me to pay by phone, so they can charge me another $10 fee!!! I told them I would pay online and to never call me again. They then called me at least 10 times in the next hour and hung up right away when I picked up the phone. This is a serious harassment!!! This company has NO respect for its customers. I have been a VS card holder for over 5 years and had never missed due day for my bills. This is the way they treat their loyal customer! I am going to cancel the card and shop at other lingerie stores. Victoria’s Secret has grown too big. They have lost it.

• Af
      13th of Nov, 2010

When I first signed up for a VS card, i made a purchase in store. I was then told I would receive a card in about 10 days. 20 day's passed and still no card. I called the company and they stated they had the wrong address on my card. They said I would get a new one in about another 10 day's. 10 More day's passed and no card, called again and my address had not been updated. Finally got a new card in 10 days. By that time, my first payment was past due, with lot's of late payment charges! Called the number on back of my card, to my suprise, I explained that after two months I still have yet to receive my card, nor a bill, after calling several times. The lady was super nice and credited my account for all late fees. So yes the slow rate of getting my card sucked, but they gave me a credit, and said sorry they had the wrong address...all people I spoke with were very nice, however they were not apart of the bank.

• Mn
      3rd of Jan, 2011

I encourage anyone with a VS account to close it immediately. WFNNB did not send me my VS bill and in the meantime, they were racking up late charges on a balance of 100.00. They called my home for one-week straight, about ten times a day, starting at 8am. The people calling were rude and aggressive in nature. I called WFFNB and explained to them the situation and how their harassment is against the law and how it was not warranted because they never sent me a bill. After 45 minutes of speaking to WFNNB, they reluctantly (said they would) deducted all the late charges. I paid off my 100.00 balance immediately after I got off the phone with the back. One week later, I checked my VS account and there were no credits for the late charges, I was extremely upset. I assumed the bank the did what they said they would do but they did not. I called again today and spoke with someone who finally said they would credit the late charges back. I will be checking my VS account in a few days, and my credit report. After the late fees are credited back to me, I will be canceling my VS account, The Limited, Gap, and Ann Taylor. WFFNB is untrustworthy and they defraud their customers.