wetseal / return policy

2234 Beam aveMaplewood, MN, United States Review updated:
3.35
Phone: 651 777-8890
I bought two bras at this store for my daughter and they did not fit right so a few days later with the tags still on and in the bag I brought the items along with my receipt and attempted to return them and have the items credited to my account. I was told they did not refund bras and that it was written on the bottom of the receipt which it's not. Then the next manager I spoke with said I should have been told when checking out about the return policy which I was not told. There are NO signs in the stating anything about this policy and still they could do nothing and I"m just out this money. I was willing to accept any type of exchange to no avail I was given the 1 -8000 corporate office # which is just a bunch of recordings after a 25 min. wait of loud music only to be told to leave a message. So I called again asked the person working the front desk for a number of anyone working the customer complaint dept. and I was told she was not allowed to give out that type of information so what does that tell a person! This in no way is customer service!!!Trust Me I'll keep trying to resolve this problem ...

Comments

Dr
  9th of Sep, 2008
I don't know what state you are in, but in New York, state health code bars stores from accepting bra and pantie returns, due to health regulations--this may also apply to swimwear, but I'm not sure about that, as I never sold swimwear--but I had a flea market stall for about four or five years, and one year bought a box at auction, that contained new bras and ladies underwear, and found out that I could not accept returns, once the purchaser tried them on, as it was against the law to re-sell them.

Your state may have a similar health code policy and the shop may only be following the law. Chances are the clerk may not have known WHY they can't accept the items back, but the manager should have told you.
Ni
  24th of Sep, 2008
i buy all my apparel off Shopyop
go to http://www.shopyop.com
and OMG there they are for ANY occasion.
Sc
  30th of Sep, 2008
Worse return policy I've ever seen. No refunds or credit back to credit cards. Exchange or store credit only. I bought my daughter a long sleeve shirt. She took off the tag and put the shirt on before going to school when she noticed one sleeve was about 4 inches shorter that the other. She takes the shirt off and changes clothes. We cannot find the tag now but have the receipt. I cannot exchange an obviously defective shirt because of the tag missing. I must call corporate office. 4 days later and I've still haven't talked to anyone that can help me. My last options coming up are filing a complaint with the BBB or filing a dispute on my VISA for defective merchandise.

Their return policy is not stated anywhere except on the receipt after you purchase. Talk about deceptive practices!
Li
  13th of Nov, 2008
Are you serious? Honestly, how many stores really take back lingerie items? I work at a Wet Seal store and it is CLEARLY stated on the bottom of the reciept that the company does not exchange, refund, or issue credit memos on panties, swim wear, or lingerie. This was from a new return policy that was put into action the first week in August 2008. The reciepts are automatically printed with this. And you must keep in mind that these employees that work in these stores are only following company policy, because if we violate the policy, we could very well be terminated! And I will not lose my job over an irate customer. We have fitting rooms for a reason.
Lo
  11th of Sep, 2011
WETSEAL IN MAPLEWOOD, MN HAVE BAD CUSTOMER SERVICE THEY DONT GREET THERE CUSTOMER AND WHEN YOUR WONDERING AROUND LOOKING AT CLOTHES THEN THEY GONNA SAY MAY I HELP U FIND SOMETHING OR PROMOTE THERE SPECIAL GOING ON STUPID WORKER ESPECIALLY WHEN MANAGEMENT IS ON THE FLOOR TOO THEY DON'T EVEN ATTEMP TO TO GREET THERE CUSTOMER. ALL THEY DO IS WATCH YOUR EVERY MOVE LIKE A PREDATOR WAITING TO BE EATEN. WILL NOT SHOP HERE AGAIN RECKLESS CLOTHES AND OVER PRICED THERE SHIRT I CAN GET MORE SHIRT AT FORVER 21 WITH THE PRICE THEY PUT ON A SHIRT AT WETSEAL.

The Wet Seal Logo The Wet Seal