Westside Market & Abe Malla owner / liar, con artist, unethical behavior (arrested multiple times)
I had the displeasure of doing advertising business with the owners Abe Malla and Nohad Arslan of World of Rugs. After the contract was signed with World of Rugs, we ran the agreed upon Ads for World of Rugs. World of Rugs initially stayed true to the agreement. Then for whatever reason, World of Rugs stopped paying the bills, gave excuse after excuse, and then altogether stopped returning any calls. After repeatedly trying to contact and leaving messages for Mr. Arslan and Mr. Malla, I finally talked to Mr. Malla. He was very arrogant and said they were not going to pay and to "Do what you need to do." I talked to several other advertisers and found out that this was the modus of operandi of Mr. Malla and that this had occurred many times with Mr. Malla with other advertisers.
As we ended up pursuing legal action (and won) against Mr. Malla, a trend has appeared with some easy internet searches. 17 Court cases just in the Atlanta area alone.
Gwinett County Court http://www.gwinnettcourts.com/#casedetail/case:01%2dm%2d13776/
1)Case # 01-M-13776 Marcella Corp. Vs. Abdul Malla Failure to Pay
Fulton County Court
2)Case # 2003CV71589 Almalla Mahoud Vs. Almalla Abdulrazak Mahmoud
3)Case # 05MS050021 Heaju Lee Vs. World of Rugs, Inc. Sued for $9, 790
4)Case # 2008-EV-004681 Manorism, Inc. Vs. World of Rugs, Abe Malla, Dwight Lewis Suit claims theft, Fraud and sued for almost $90, 000
5)Case # 08MS081838 Eskimo Advertising Vs. World of Rugs, Inc. Failure to Pay
6)Case # 2008-EV-0062710 Modern Luxory Media, LLC Vs. World of Rugs, Inc.,
Modern Luxury Magazines, Nohad Arslan
Failure to Pay sued for $27, 694
Cobb County Court
7)Case # 2008-A-4879-1 C.C. Dickson Vs. Damas Enterprises, Stamwa & Co., Ararat Construction. Suit claims FRAUD, THEFT and sued for $116, 000
Damas Ent. is owned by Mr. Malla and is the building that World of Rugs occupies.
8)Case # [protected] Wade Electric Vs. Damas Enterprises
Mr. Malla owns Damas Enterprises Failure to pay, sued for $69, 754
9) Storis, Inc. Vs. Wri, Inc DBA The Foundry Home Furnishings (Civil Lawsuit filed in Superior Court of New Jersey and then obtained a judgment against MR. Abe Malla and his new named Company) Storis, Inc. filed for an "Affidavit to Domesticate Judgment" through the Superior Court of Fulton County in Georgia. Failure to Pay
10) Fulton County Tax Commisioner Arthur E.. Ferdinand- One of Mr. Malla's many companies, WRI, Inc DBA World of Rugs & Furniture has an outstanding tax bill of over $80, 000 from years [protected]. Failure to Pay
11)Case #2012CV222730 Superior Court of Fulton County State of Georgia. General Electric Credit Equities, Inc. Vs Damas Enterprises, L.L.C., World of Rugs, Inc., WRI, Inc., Dwight Lewis and Abe Malla defendants.-Damas is one of Mr. Malla's companies that owned the building where he operates his business. General Electric claims default and failure to pay $2, 973, 500. The building is no longer owned by Mr. Malla as county documents show another entity owning it. He lost it.
FULTON COUNTY SUPERIOR COURT
12) CIVIL ACTION CASE # 2016CV272630 IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF FULTON COUNTY STATE OF GEORGIA MARKETING AND SALES MANAGEMENT CORP. VS. WESTSIDE FOUNDRY CORPORATION WORLD OF RUGS, INC. (Mr. Malla's companies) Failure to Pay Suing for $8800
13) Case # 2018CV301416 11/3/2017 Aliaa Malla VS Abe Malla Contested by Mr. Malla
14) Case # 2018CV308847 8/8/2018 Aliaa Malla VS Abe Malla Contested by Mr. Malla
15) Case # 2017CV297531 Abe Malla VS Omar Zakarneh Suit claims damage COURT ORDERED MR. MALLA TO PAY MR. ZAKARNEH $3900 IN ATTORNEY FEES.
16) Case #2018CV311278 10/4/2018 ABE MALLA VS. HADEEL MASSEOUD Suit claims "incitement" by Hadeel Masseoud for his wife divorcing him. Case was dismissed
17) Case #[protected] 10/4/2018 Abe Malla VS Susan Ramadan Suit claims 1, 000, 000 in damages from Susan Ramadan for "inciting" his wife to divorce him. Case was dismissed.