Weston / Defective TV set of Weston

I bought a Weston (Akal ki baat) Color TV (21") from Reliance Digital, Vashi Navi Mumbai, on, 2009.

It did not work properly even for a month. There is picture tube defect. The screen display multi-colors & images spoiled. The TV is getting offed automatically.

Is it what is expected of the product made by a reputed company. My decision of purchasing a TV turned into a nightmare.

There is no service center of Weston in Navi Mumbai, Reliance Digital is delaying in providing any service. i am following up with them from 2 months.

I made a mistake by buying Weston TV, now I want replacement at earliest.

A  19th of Jul, 2009 by
Totally Agree to you.
N  23rd of Aug, 2009 by
Hello Mayank,

Thanks for the feedback, I was planning to buy the same tv from reliance fresh outlet in hyderabad today. However after reading your comment i shall rethink as why should i go for such brand ?

I am not sure if your experience is equally bad ( sometimes we take seller left-center-right :)for minor issues also ) but at least i can be sure of that something has happened which is not good hence i have decided i will wait for few months & see what feedback others give to this TV..

Yes and the cost price is too tempting here Rs 4990/- (21'inch) for the TV ...

Please who all reading this thread do give comments to ensure that correct message is available for desperate buyers :)
A  6th of Apr, 2011 by
I have also same experience with Weston (WASTE-ON) TV . I also purchased it from reliance retail shop. It is not only defective set, but service is also poor. I need to call them 100 times so that come home for repairing it. Currently my remote is not working and I am calling them for last 20 days still no one is coming to attend it