Westminster Management - New Jersey / Avoid this companies at all costs!

Westminster Management is located in New Jersey but manages several properties in Dover, DE. I rented a unit at Country Village Apts in Dover, DE for my daughter to reside in during her graduate studies at Delaware State University. Unknown to me because the disclosure was not made, I rented a ground floor apartment that had been used years prior for storage.

When I saw the apartment it had everything new and was in good shape with a few exceptions. The first month in, the ceiling leaked, the toilet backup, sludge backed up in the kitchen, rodents entered the unit, the heat/AC smelled awful. One night when the toilet backed up, I called the so called 24 hour emergency number only to be told he, the maintenance man, was at a funeral in New Jersey. He shows up the next day with a can of Drano. OK, I take them to court because they would not make repairs, not even emergency repairs. I suffered the first summer with no AC and the following winter with no heat. I have pictures of everything, the ceiling falling down, the sludge backed up in the kitchen sink, rodent eaten shoes, everything. The judge awarded me nothing and ordered me to pay Country Village. OK, I pay Country Village, because now I just want to get away from these people. They claim they never got my money and sent it to collections, reported it to the credit bureau and caused all kinds of problems. I had to fax them a copy of the paid check. Needless to say I had a credit score of 770+. I got an alert saying it had been changed to 630. Next I look at my credit card bills and the interest rate has gone up. Dover DE is a very small town so beware that everybody knows everybody. I complained about these people all the way to the Governors office and no body would listen or assist me with these shysters. Now because I have to pay my credit card companies more money, they are still making me pay. Avoid Westminster Management and Country Village Apartments, Dover, DE at all cost. I am proof that you will never stop paying these people for their mismanagement.

Ma

Comments

• Ev
      28th of Jan, 2014

Westminster is one of the many companies owned by a group of 'investors' which include family and friends of Charles Kushner. Kettler Management is another. When one company pushes their legal luck, the next one comes in as a 'new management company.' Same policy and practices, different name. AIG - the insurance giant - controls (owns) more than one of these companies. AIG - the same AIG that taxpayers bailed out. And they run their real estate any way they like, after all, what are we going to do about it? Someone ought to investigate these ### and prosecute them.

• Li
      13th of Jan, 2016

Experiencing a nightmare with them as i type this message, the catch 22s, the run arounds the cosmetic touch ups to get you in before everything starts falling apart. Too much to put into words . Never, Ever again