Westlake financial / Unprofessional service!

Los Angeles, CA, United States Review updated:
Phone: 866 279-1736

My father is sick and requires massive health care. It's expensive. I fell behind by 9 DAYS in my car payment and Westlake Financial called me. Mr. Romero asked me what was going on and so I told him. He then proceeded to tell me that my father being sick has nothing to do with not making my car payments. I asked him, "Why did you ask if you don't really care?" Then Mr. Poyton and I agreed to stagger the payments. He asked that I fax over several documents to prove my residence, workplace, income, and a letter agreeing to the staggered payments that THEY suggested. I did that. Later that day a "Repo" man came to my home seeking me. He did not have a business card or identification. My father asked him to leave our property. I called Westlake and asked him what was going on. Mr. Romero said that he did not approve the letter and my car was going to be repossessed. I asked for his supervisor and he flat out refused to give me the information. I called seven different departments, seven different times and I was directed to Mr. Romero each and every time. I eventually had to write a letter to the President of the Company. He has yet to respond. What a surprise!

The previous post is right on. This company is terrible and I would not recommend them to anyone. If an auto dealership offers you a loan from Westlake Financial, run as far away as you can. You deserve better customer service and professionalism than this company.
Kr

Comments

Ro
  14th of Dec, 2008
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
I have been a customer with Westlake for about 2 years. I think they are the worst of any type of finance company. They have no compassion for you as a consumer.

I was recently on sick leave for 3 months and they made my recovery period a livivng night mare. Trying to recover from an operation and to have them calling daily with threats was unbareable.

I have tried to call and complain to management, yet my request for a follow up phone call goes unanswered.

I would not recommend them to anyone. They have been very disrespectful to me and members of family.

I am glad to see that I am not the only person whom is going through this nonsense.

I would never make this mistake again.
Li
  13th of Apr, 2009
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
I had same problem with you ... They sure have very bad service for customer. I wanted to speak other Rep but I keep ending up with same person.. My Representive talk very rude to me. Is there any department for service complaint?
Sh
  9th of Sep, 2009
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
I have never had a car payment or anything other then a mortgage for about a year now and I'm regretting it now. Westlake is the most unprofessional, ignorant, idotic, company I have ever had to deal with I have my mortgage through HSBC who can be tough at times but they are nothing compared to Westlake Financial. I lost my job in June 09 the same month I brought my car which is financed through Westlake and scrapped up the money to pay for the first payment in July and informed them of my situation in regards to the following payment being made on time. We're now in September and they have been so direspectful and uncooperative I told them to come get the car just so I don't have to deal with them especially because this is my first time ever paying a car payment. One of their Collection Reps. even calle dme ridiculous for not being able to make my 2nd payment and losing my job when I explained to him that I held my job for 6 months before being let go unexpectedly he laughed and said "What are you kidding me 6 months why did you purchase the car if you didn't have a secure job?". I asked for a Supervisor and he just went on and on until I hung up then he had the nerves to call the number back that I called from which was a place of business that I just use the phone and harrassed the person who answered swearing to her that she sounded like me. I then spoke to another Rep. who wasn't as bad but refused to place in notation on my account that I would be making at least one payment by the end of the month because I just started a job and should be getting paid this week and again before the end of the month. I asked him for a Supervisor he claimed they we're in meetings but provided me with an extension upon request so for all those going through what I am or worst just hang in there in the end you will come out the winner they need your money more then you need their service.
Ma
  16th of Sep, 2009
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
My husband called westlake financial services to make a car payment and wanted to ask some question about getting a extension and Jake thats the name of the guy who my husband spoke to was so rude and a ###en dick he hung up on my husband so my husband calls back he gets the same guy but he gave a diffrent name his name was leo know so my husband said why u hang up the phone he said no i dint u did my husband then said u guys r so rude he says i dont care and then my husband said let me speak to your manager and he hung up the phone again so my husband said i aint calling no more so i said thats fine i will call so i call i get the same guy i tried to be nice and just ask for the manager and he told me what your husband told u to call know he cant handle a little attitude i was u know what ### u r so rude im just trying to make a car payment but it seems like u could handle my husband cuz u hung up so then he hangs up on me i called back i got this girl so ask please let me speak to the manager i got the same guy he was a little bit nicer and im just made a payment he finally passed me to his manager so he said but i dont know i just dont trust weslake financial services but this is the manager number 1-866-601-6590 the guy said that is the direct number so maybe more people will call and get there company srtaight!!!1
Mm
  14th of Jan, 2010
Today when companies are falling because they have no business meaning customers. Westlake is doing a bad job assisting there customers. This company is quick to repo your car with being late a few days instead of working to keep you as a customer. ### happens this is life, if someone needs a few days or if there is a reasonable explanation for a late payment why not work with them accordingly. Unfortunate a company that states on there website they offer "World class service" is full of crap.
Wo
  1st of Apr, 2010
Please I hope I can get in touch with president Obama about this matter he needs to be notified...
Of
  27th of Jun, 2010
agree compeltely with all of you...they are rude and dont need to be in business we all should try to get everyone to know that and black list them so noone will use them...for them calling other people phones and talking about your account that...is a lawsuit...its against the law...i am going to be looking into it more cause they did the same thing to me ...so work to gather and make things happen...officermcghee@yahoo.com
Im
  10th of Jan, 2011
I find it absurd that most of you are complaining about collection tactics, its very simple to fix... Make your payment on time as agreed. You obviously signed a legal contract stating that you would do so. You received a car and balk at the attempts they make to collect on it. Westlake is a business like any other and they can not be expected to feel sorry for you whether you lost your job, became ill, or simply fail to be responsible. Westlake deals primarily in sub prime credit, typically the bottom of the barrell so if you financed with them then your most likely lucky that anyone would even give you a loan. Americans need to make responsible decisions and quit expecting government and businesses to bail them out everytim they make a purchase they can not pay for. Problems due occur yet responsible people have a savings that they can fall back on. Perhaps we should try living within our means even if that means buying a car that is not the latest, greatest gas guzzler. Let's get bck to basics and not spend money we don't have.
An
  21st of Feb, 2011
I find it absurd that you even have the gall to conteract the facts. Your company totally abuses, lies, cheats, scams the ones you are suppose to be working with. It is one thing to try to collect and it is another thing to make 6 calls within two hours, not to mention your call and hangups when anwered. I just loved it when my daughter sent into your company, a payment of over $2000. only to have it sent back, 'because your company policy does not recieve prepayments'. Really!!! OMG!!! Would that mean 'uh, you would recieve less interest payments?' Or would that mean you just could not have anything to harrass her on? God forbid if that happened!!! Yes, it is one thing to not recive payments for the car loan, that has been purchased. It is totally another thing, to have companies like you who live and feed off others misfortunes. I have never dealt with a company as corrupt as WESTLAKE FINANCIAL! We did co-sign for my daughters loan and we are appaled at your antics and totally disregard at recieving payments and then turning around, saying 'you have not recieved payment at all'. One thing, I would love to know, do you and your employees sleep well at night. Yes, I am sure your are feeding and taking care of your families, but is there a little voice in the back of your head, saying 'this totally wrong!' How can you guys sleep good at night. just remember, Karma!!! 'What comes around will go around' People like you will get the same as you guys give!!!
Ja
  25th of Apr, 2011
Attached a recent copy and paste of the BBB and the complaints of WL

No. of Cmpl Type of Response
0 Unassigned
522 Total
Br
  9th of May, 2016
Westlakefinancial truly is the worst loan company in the World!!! They harass you if you pay on time or one day late! They are a scam and I pray to God the lose their company for all the Evil they do. Whatever a man sows that shall he also reap! Get ready !

Westlake Financial Services Logo Westlake Financial Services