Westgate Resorts / tricks up their sleeves!

1 Orlando, FL, United States Review updated:

This past year, my husband, sons, and daughter took a 7-day trip to Florida on the premise that we would tour the Westgate resort as one of our places to stay. We upgraded to one of their rooms for $99.00 and was really pleasantly surprised; that is until we began checking in. First we were bombarded at the check-in for another 75.00 deposit that had to be put on a major card, even though the lady on the call told us we would not necessarily need a major credit card as long as we had a debit card; then we had to show ourselves to our room; the rep was too angry that I didnt have a major credit card; then we had to go to the presentation, that was supposed to be 90 minutes, but turned into three hours of the same bull spoken by three different people. We knew we couldnt afford that first, second, or third package deal and kindly told them so, that we really just wanted to see how the timeshares worked, but the snobby woman, who at first was so sweet I was nauseated, became so nasty and billigerent that we werent buying that shebegan telling us that she "knew you (we) couldn't afford this anyway and that we had just wasted her time!!!" But before my husband had to pull me away from the table cursing her out, I let her know that if we could afford it, I would have never purchased from her and her stank attitude, and if anyone's time was wasted it was ours, because we could have been at the park with our free ticket, 50.00 gas card, and our 50.00 Goofy bucks anyhow; messing with her dumb ###!!!

Comments

• La
      15th of May, 2009

Oh, I forgeot to say this--the most important part. Later we decided to purchase a small package for 500.00 to be able to vacation for one week anywhere in the U.S. to mimic the resort stay. It was a thirty dollar deposit and the payments would be 250.00. So I signed for that to be direct pay out of my account using my card and the guy had me to sign one sheet that had that up there. However when he scanned my card the receipt came back out with the 250.oo written in and i did not realize it until I returned from vacation and my bank sent me an overdraft statement with the 30.00 and 250.00 charges. Oh, I began calling Westgate that day to have the charge removed and they said that it was a charge that I signed for. Mind you I live in NOrth Carolina, I told them to cancel both of the charges, send me my money back and pay my overdraft fee or I would sue them so hard, that their children's children would have a hard time finding relief. The manager came on and agreed that his receipt did look altered and that he would indeed reimburse but wanted to give me another night free to stay in the resort for my trouble. I told him to just send me my money back to the bank, and I would be happy. I called my bank, had the fraud protection added, was reimbursed that same week by my bank and Westgate. Then we closed that account and opened another. I was determined not to let them hit my account again.

15th of Jan, 2010

Be glad you didn't buy into Westgate. We purchased in 2003 and they never have availability if we wish to trade to a different Westgate location...and if they do have something (never right dates), it's an arm and a leg in fees to transfer (far more than it's worth). Originally, they promised us no fees to transfer within Westgate. That changed in a hurry! Plus, their cleaning fees keep going up each year and the property we own is NOT maintained. They use high pressured sales pitches and wish that we were never suckered into it.