Westgate Resorts

Posted: Sep 21, 2017 by

bed bugs

Orlando, Florida
I am a timeshare owner at Westgate resorts. I had my wedding at the Myrtle Beach location February 2016. Two of my guests were bitten by bed bugs. They were given a voucher for $20 and was moved to a different room.

I just stayed at the Orlando location-Town center with my family 8/27/17-9/3/17 . I was bitten by bedbugs and had a bad reaction. I gave a complaint to security and we had to pack up and move in the middle of the night to another building. We needed to dry and wash our clothes to be sure that we did not take bugs with us to the new room. The dryer was missing the lent catcher and could not work. We had to wait for a replacement part the next morning. I was given a $25 voucher for the inconvenience.

I am reporting bedbug experiences in 2 different resort location in 2016 & 2017. I pay my mortgage and fees. I have been mentally distraught since this incident and the marks are still healing. I do not want to be an owner of property that has unclean and poor environmental control of the property, especially the beds.

A voucher should not be a solution of apologizing for an issue that is a threat to home life because the bugs could have came home with my friends, family or me. I am seeking a refund of paid mortgage last month. I will also like to learn how I can cancel my deed and no longer to be a Westgate owner. I am seeking a better solution then what was provided.
Complaint comments Comments (0) Complaint country United States Complaint category Timeshares / Vacation Rentals

Your attitude towards Complaint Agree Neutral Disagree