Western Silver / Worst internet site

Western Silver is the worst online shopping site I have ever experienced in 20 years. Of course since the man answering the phone accuses you of harassing him by calling-will not accept orders, despite my effort to order 2 of the same baby cup with different monograms-which would require explanation.

I cannot imagine his logic -mean, aggressive and who knows what is the other end of entering an online order?

I have real concerns about the propriety of this site.

No store, refusal to answer phone and characterization of harassment when calling their # on site.

BE CAREFUL!

Va

Comments

• Su
      20th of Jun, 2008
    Las Vegas, Nevada
    Phone: 1-800-850-3579
    www.westernsilver.com

I wish to apologize to Western Silver for my negative comments about their business and their site - through a series of communication problems entirely related to a gentleman having a bad day. I would recommend Western Silver for quality and pricing and am deeply sorry for the negative comments made.

• Go
      23rd of Jun, 2008
    Las Vegas
    Nevada
    Phone: 1-800 850 3579
    www.westernsilver.com

Today, I had an issue develop with a man (whom I believe to be the owner) arise. I called Western Silver in regards to a special they were running on some Grand Baroque water goblets. I also wished to ask the individual about a particular goblet that I had seen on another site. The gentleman refused to answer the question and promptly hung up on me telling me that "he does not give out information for free."

I called the man back and explained that I was a wholesale/reseller of sterling silver goblets and that I was interested in some of products and had a professional courteous question to ask. Apparently the gentleman has had a few bad days than previous complained had suggested. He again was quite rude and arrogant towards me.

I strongly suggest not doing business with this man and westernsilver. There are far better site out there such as Alanta Silver, Charleston Silver Vault, and many others. They are discourteous, rude, and and are extremely unprofessional. They lost my business permanently and those of my colleagues in the business.

If this post is read by that gentleman. Just remember you lost the business of a major distributer in the Southeastern United States!

4th of Aug, 2008

I have never had a problem with ordering on-line from Western Silver. They have awesome products and awesome service! But, that is just my opinion.

• Lo
      29th of Jul, 2009

Ordered flatwear a month ago and was supposed to be received within 20 days. Have not received items, credit card was charged, but, has been put in dispute. I have emailed the company asking wheres my order & got probably a computer generated answer that they would contact me within 24 hours...didn't happen..been 4 days - called their 800 number & noone answers, machine picks up and sez 'inbox is full'. Wished I had read these reviews before ordering..I would have never placed order. 7/17/09.

• Ti
      6th of Aug, 2009
    Western Silver - Don't do business with them
    Western SIlver

I ordered silver and waited for it to come for 2 weeks. My credit card was charged but the silver never came. When I notified them, they said they would refund my order, which they never did. I contacted them again and instead of refunding my debit card, they charged me again 3 different times, causing my account to overdraft, a $70 fee. After calling and emailing them numerous times, they finally refunded the charges; however, they were incredibly rude and never even apologized. I will never do business with Western Silver again. Terrible experience.

• Ri
      12th of Aug, 2009
    Western SIlver

Buyer Beware! Western Silver does not respond to legitimate inquiries and does not handle complaints with integrity. They do not list an address or answer their phone. That should tell you something. Shop somewhere else!

• Re
      4th of Jan, 2010
    Western Silver - Charged my credit card and never sent my items
    Western Silver

Western Silver sent me several e-mails last spring encouraging me to "pre-order" my Christmas ornaments, so I ordered them in June. They charged my credit card -- in June -- when I ordered the ornaments. I didn't receive the ornaments right away, which I thought was ok since I was "pre-ordering" them. It is now December 29th and I still have not received the ornaments.

Since the e-mail acknowledgment said that I'd receive my items in 5-20 days, I can no longer contest the charge through my credit card. Now that I'm trying to figure out where these ornaments are THAT I PAID FOR, I've found that Western Silver does not have a functioning phone number (the only phone number I or my credit card can find leads to a voicemail box that is full) and all the e-mails that I have been sent have been ignored.

They simply ripped me off. Do not trust this company.

• Rh
      13th of Jan, 2010

If you are tired of Western Silver's poor service and rude behavior, visit The Sterling Hut.com. This site is new but they have first class service, great communication (actual people taking your calls), zero tolerance to poor quality and delivery, plus this company ships product within 24 hours of order receipt. I recommend this site for your Sterling Silver picture frames, baby cups, mint julep cups, and sterling silver jewelry.

Bob

• Er
      15th of Jan, 2010
    Western Silver - No delivery
    Western Silver

Western Silver in Las Vegas. Ordered item in early December 2009. Credit Card charged a few days later.

Item never delivered, first email to them got a response that they would check and update my shipping within 24 hours.

Sent another email 48 hours later and have yet to hear from them as of 1/9/2010.

Must presume at this time they are crooks and have lost my money.

They do not list any phone numbers and search of this company in Las Vegas internet books do not provide any evidence that they exist. Probably a scam site from overseas. Too bad people like this are preying on consumers.

• Sc
      22nd of Jan, 2010
    Western Silver

I placed my order online on 12/14/09 (credit card was charged the same day). It is now 1/22/10 and I still have not received my order. I sent an email last week inquiring about me order and have received NO response. Not even an automated one confirming the email was received! AWFUL COMPANY!

28th of Feb, 2010
    Western Silver - Beware
    Western Silver

Western silver has done the same thing with my mother 2 years in a row. She has always given her children sterling silver Christmas bells with the year ingraved on them.

Last year they charged her credit card twice.

This year they charged her for sterling silver but sent cheap dipped metal.

This is her daughter, I have been involved for the past two years with this co.

Last year it took until May to receive a $254.00 refund. This year we are still trying to resolve this...

As of today 2/19/2010 after returning the bells on 1/26/2010.I have had so many excuses I can not count. Death in the family, original packaging, invoice number, tracking number...need I go on. They were very quick to charge my mother $305.00 for the cheap things. We know how hard it is for theelderly to survive in this day and time with doctors and meds. This is a lot of money to most people.

There is no way to speak to a person. I will not give up on this because my mother passed away in the early morning of January 1st. This will be the last sterling silver Christmas bell I will receive from my mom!

Look out Western silver I am PISSED!!!

• Oc
      6th of May, 2010
    westernsilver.com

DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH WESTERN SILVER . This company is horrible. I never received my order and they have not responded to my many calls and e-mails. I note they have now taken the phone number off of the website. I spent almost $200 and received nothing. This business is a scam and a fraud.

• Lo
      6th of May, 2010

That's funny... they just picked up for me.

• Tr
      13th of Oct, 2010
    Western Silver - Won't refund my money
    Western Silver

I ordered two serving pieces of Lunt Embassy Gold Sterling Silver on January 15, 2009. When they arrived, I realized I'd ordered the wrong pattern. After MONTHS of trying to get this resolved and two complaints to the BBB, my money was finally refunded to my credit card for the piece that was back ordered. I returned the other one to the manufacturer, decided on a refund instead of the piece, and still do not have my money almost 2 years later. I provided Western Silver with all the tracking numbers I had and yet I still don't have my money. Needless to say, after I get my refund, I'll never have anything to do with this company again. I'd tell the owner that personally if she'd ever answer her phone or respond to her email. FYI, the BBB now gives Western Silver an F.

• Be
      23rd of Sep, 2011
    Western Silver - Never use this company
    Western SIlver

I have bought items from this company several times. I don't know what has happened there but the service recently has been very poor. In June 2009 I ordered several Christmas ornaments and picture frames. Got a series of confusing e-mails regarding backorders, then received a partial shipment with promise to send the remaining items within 30 days. The only items we received were the backordered items. As of today, January 11, 2010 we have not received the remaining items, even though we were charged in full for the entire order. E-mails sent by us to Western Silver on December 1, December 24 and January 10 have all gone unanswered.

• Vs
      23rd of Sep, 2011
    Western SIlver

1/9/2010 I ordered a silver chest from this company web site on 12/10/2009. Item never received even though they charged my credit card within a few days. Email question was returned with promise to update shipping information within 24 hours. Followed up with another query in 48 hours and to date have heard nothing. Now must presume they are crooks and I have lost my money.

• Be
    Western Silver - No return call
    Western SIlver

I ordered engraved Christmas ornaments for my newborn granddaughters. When I ordered, there was a phone number posted on the website. I called and asked if delivery was possible by Thanksgiving. They said yes. (It was Nov. 18) I placed the order and have not received anything. It is now Dec 14, their phone number is no longer posted on the website. They say they will respond within 24 hours to an email. They have been unresponsive to three email requests to have an update on the status of my order.

Western Silver - Bad Order Communications
    Western SIlver

Twice I ordered 3 ornaments beginning at Thankgiving 2009 and it they indicated they had in stock. 1 1/2 weeks later I was informed that they were out of stock and order cancelled. I ordered two of the ornaments on line which indicated they were in stock. 1 1/2 weeks later I received notice that one of the ornaments were out of stock and the order cancelled. They have long delay in knowing what they have and no time to go elsewhere. Do not use this company unless you want to be disappointed.

• Np
    Western SIlver

My credit card was charged the day I placed the order, but for over 4 weeks, I've been getting the runaround regarding my order. There is no phone number & no address for this vendor, & the site says orders cannot be canceled. In my latest email to the company, I asked if this was a scam. I am now aware that I'm just one of many to have problems. When I went back on Western's site & pulled up the items I had ordered, it says they are no longer available--but I was still charged & assured delivery would be soon. (Although my latest emails have gone unanswered.) Since my order was for Wallace sleigh bells which are seasonal, I placed the order with another company last night.

• Sq
      1st of Oct, 2011
    Western SIlver

DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH WESTERN SILVER. This company is horrible. I never received my order and they have not responded to my many calls and e-mails. I note they have now taken the phone number off of the website. I spent almost $200 and received nothing. This business is a scam and a fraud.