Western General / Unreal denial!
I purchased a 2002 BMW 330xi two weeks ago from APPLE BMW of York. I also purchased the Western General extended warranty for 2.2k. The materials had a picture of a car and examples of prices for things covered under the warranty. One of the items was a fuel pump with the example price of $450. (Important later). So, I took my car into the dealership for service because something was wrong with the fuel gauge. I received a call from the dealership that the fuel sending units were bad and needed replaced. So, they called Western General to get approval. I get a call from the dealership that they denied the claim because that 'part' was not covered. Yet, this 'part' is in the fuel pump, and in order to fix this part, the fuel pump needs replaced. I called Western General myself to see if i could get someone to explain this. I had Jerry on the phone from Western General. He was so uninformative and unhelpful that it took everything in me to not hang up the phone. He explained that because that 'part' was not listed on the contract, that they do not have to pay for it. Anyone with some basic awareness would know that almost everything has 'parts' to it. That by adding the 'parts', you get a whole. If a fuel pump is covered, and any one of the parts of the fuel pump goes, Western General says too bad for you, its not covered. Jerry repeated this to me, "fuel pumps are covered, the parts are not." So i am stuck with this worthless 2k Warranty that covers nothing from Western General. Please take my advice, and DO NOT BUY ANYTHING RELATED TO WESTERN GENERAL. DO NOT MAKE THE 2k MISTAKE I MADE. DO NOT BUY WESTERN GENERAL EXTENDED WARRANTY.
More Western General Complaints & Reviews
- Western General - Extended warranty scam! 
- Western General - Failer to Cover Warrantied Work 
- Western General Insurance Company - Scam and cheating 
- Western General Insurance Company - they won't refund my 114.30
- Western General Insurance Company - Extended Service Warranty
- Western General - Extended Warranty - Trickery used in the wording of the service
- Western General Insurance Company - won't fix my car / unprofessional
- Western General - Fraud and scam