Western Digital / Mismatched serial numbers on hard drive
Purchased new 320GB EIDE hard drive from Fry's eleceronics.. Not opened or returned product! Installed and tested bad. Checked and found that the serial number on the box did not match the serial number on the unit. Model number was the same. Unable to return part to Fry's to exchange or get refund. Had to call Western Digital three time to get to customer service.They would replace drive. But uninterested about the serial number issue. Next time I will open the box to check the se4rial numbres or get a different brand.
Very bad customer service. Seems like they are not interested in the consumer just the larger corporations.
More Western Digital Complaints & Reviews
- Western Digital Hard Drives - No disk, no answer 
- Western Digital - External Hard Drive 
- Western Digital - Terrible customer services 
- Western Digital - Lousy Hard Drives 
- Western Digital/320Gb Scorpio Black Macbook internal hard disk - Hard disk failure after les than 10 months 
- Western Digital Technologies - service, official taobao shop in china
- Western Digital Technologies - return for repair wd ex4 12tb nas box
- Western Digital - canada's rma refusing to exchange 1 day old doa drive for brand new replacement
- Western Digital - wd red 5tb internal drive
- Western Digital - Nas - my book live duo