Western Digital / Warranty issue
I called Western Digital before making a purchase from craigslist. I gave them the serial number and they told me the drive I was about to purchase had a warranty until july/2010.
I purchased the drive an hour after the phone call and 4 hours after that I installed the drive and it was dead.
Today 12/21 I tried calling Western Digital to get the drive replaced and they are telling me they cannot replace it because it is an OEM drive.
If the first person hadn't told me that it was under warranty I would not have purchased the drive.
I talked to manager who said he was going to "look into the issue tomorrow 12/22 and then contacted " but I have doubt anything will happen.
Sounds like a case of not wanting to fulfill warranty requests.
More Western Digital Complaints & Reviews
- Western Digital Hard Drives - No disk, no answer 
- Western Digital - Mismatched serial numbers on hard drive 
- Western Digital - External Hard Drive 
- Western Digital - Terrible customer services 
- Western Digital - Lousy Hard Drives 
- Western Digital Technologies - service, official taobao shop in china
- Western Digital Technologies - return for repair wd ex4 12tb nas box
- Western Digital - canada's rma refusing to exchange 1 day old doa drive for brand new replacement
- Western Digital - wd red 5tb internal drive
- Western Digital - Nas - my book live duo