Western Digital / External Hard Drive
I purchased a 500GB external MyBook hard drive on 1/11/2007 and it recently broke. The drive does not show up on my computer. 3 months ago it went in to fits where the drive was only recognized sometimes. I would have to reboot my computer or the drive for it to show up. Now it does not show up at all and makes loud clicking sounds when turned on.
I called support and because it's out of the 1 year warranty I'm out of luck. Also, I'm now out the $250 I spent on it!!! For that price I think customers should expect better quality from WD. This is totally not acceptable.
I was also informed that I will have to shell out MORE money to get my data off of the hard drive. Thanks WD, your product was absolutely worthless to me. I will NEVER purchase another product from you nor will my company.
This is the WORST computer product I have ever purchased. For the price you would think there would be quality behind the product. I guess not.
More Western Digital Complaints & Reviews
- Western Digital Hard Drives - No disk, no answer 
- Western Digital - Mismatched serial numbers on hard drive 
- Western Digital - Terrible customer services 
- Western Digital - Lousy Hard Drives 
- Western Digital/320Gb Scorpio Black Macbook internal hard disk - Hard disk failure after les than 10 months 
- Western Digital Technologies - return for repair wd ex4 12tb nas box
- Western Digital - canada's rma refusing to exchange 1 day old doa drive for brand new replacement
- Western Digital - wd red 5tb internal drive
- Western Digital - Nas - my book live duo
- Western Digital TV Live Streaming Media Player (WDBHG70000HBK) - Cash Refunds