Western Dental / braces

1 Riverside, CA, United States Review updated:

Western Dental in Riverside, CA.

I recieved a flyer for braces and the price seemed reasonable. I went in for a free consultation. I do have dental insurance but since most places are closed on Saturdays (I work Mon - Fri.), i decided to pay a visit and see how things go from there. At the time i didn't know they didn't accept DHMO so I tried to call the number for my dental insurance and everytime I did they were ready to see me so i figured why not and see what they have to say. After doing some X-rays and taking some embaressing photos they immediatly wanted me sign a contract and as stupid as I was i signed it thinking it was just some sort of paper document they needed for their records. So i was reading the contract and no where did i read anything about service rendered fees should a cancelation of the contract take into effect. They want 1, 000 dollars plus an extra 200 dollars to remove brackets!!

I thought they were just doing some check ups to see what i need done and discuss them with me but what they did was do the check ups, put on some spacers, and put the brackets on the teeth and NO WIRE! What is the point of them putting on brackets with no wire? they said its part of the how they do things but I think otherwise, they did that so they can put me in a situation where it is extremely diffucult to get out of as they have some sort of contract which had to be signed before the work so they just get a signature and do a poor job as well as putting on brackets which was pointless as the first step should of been getting just the spacers on and wait until i am ready for braces. I need about 4-8 teeth pulled shouldn't they of just let me take care of the teeth extractions then come in for the braces instead of putting on brackets which are doing nothing for me at the moment. One of the brackets fell off with no wire on. I can only imagine how bad they will start falling off once I get the wire in place and to top it off there is a charge if brackets fall off as well as if i am late for an appointment. Western Dental finds any way possible to drain your wallet. They only see you as dollar signs and disregard how the best and most efficient way to help you. We are paying them for service. We do not pay them to get ripped off and recieve horrible service.

Now that I think about it, some people (not all who work there), were so mean saying stuff like "is that kid done yet"? shouting orders at me as if I am a prisoner. They put some mouth opener piece in my mouth which wreaked of a foul smell, I bet they don't even wash those things out when they are used. All I want is out of this contract with no fees due to poor service which resulted in me not trusting their work and creating doubt when stepping into their office to get work done on my teeth which they obviously have no concern for.

I submitted a written mail to the office in Riverside, CA. As well as getting in contact with their main office to file a complaint. I hope this issue doesn't have to escalted to court and such but well see. Anways, please readers, think twice about signing that contract and always get information on other dental offices as rushing into things will further delay what you want done. I honestly do not recommend Western Dental.

Comments

5th of Aug, 2011

Seems everything was done correct, i work in an Orthodontics in Orange county.

• Ke
      18th of Apr, 2012

I went to this same office I agree with you. They did the same to me but more I had teeth extracted have been in braces for a year. My teeth look worse then before I went in to get braces. They placed brackets on me same day one month later placing a wire. One year later I have open extraction sights and after filing a complaint and seeking a opion from a other Orthodontist I received a letter stating the will not finish treatment and I must pay full contract balance. Everyone stay away from them. They will ruin your teth your day drain your wallet have the bill collectors after you and ruin your credit