Western Dentalrefund money and terrible customer service!

I am a current patient at Unique Orthodontics and was referred to Western Dental for some services concerning my broken molar teeth at the bottom of my right teeth. I was told that I wouldn't be able to continue my treatment for braces until I get my molar fixed. I had went through the website of Western Dental and noticed that they do payments through credit cars and everything. So I booked an appointment through the telephone and went in for my appointment in November 26th of 2016. When I went in for the appointment, they told me to join the $119.00 program. It'll help lower my costs for my appointments there, however there was no specified details as to what the program did for me. All I really got from them was, pay today and we can get you settled in. I payed on the spot, cashed of $120.00 and they gave me back $1.00. When they saw that I still had wires on my braces, they told me that they could not scan any x-rays at that time due to the wires. Therefore, I would have to go back to my orthodontists and get it removed before they can do my scanning. However, I told them that all there needed to be fixed was my molar at the bottom of my teeth. There was no wire nor brackets on the molar. So clearly, it was safe to do the x-ray. The gentle man there was more cooperative compared to the other 4-5 girls who just sat there, touching the computer and chatting away, including the manager herself. After a few moments had passed by, the guy took me into the back and did my x-ray on my molar. Then he took me to the back and I waited for the "dentist" to come look at my molar. When she came, she quickly just analyzed and told me that in their clinic, their orthodontist would recommend a patient with braces to finish off their treatment before doing any work on the patient's teeth. I was thinking to myself like, I'm clearly not one of their patients. I only came to them due to a referral and all I asked was to get my molar fixed. She then told me that I needed to have my gum cut off a little because it was hiding my teeth and all that. Afterwards, she left and the manager came. No joke, she came and there was this vibe that I didn't like. She went straight to the point, you're going be paying this much and that much for this treatment, blah blah blah. I remembered asking her, the $119.00 I paid for the program, how much am I actually saving if I was to continue the treatment with you guys. She told me I saved a few hundred. But I already had a gut feeling I was not going to like the service there. I was scheduled to work at 12 that Saturday. My appointment with them was around 9 but I didn't get to go to the back until almost 10. So I was basically rushing and trying to get as much information as much as I could. However, they weren't giving it to me. There was no good service at all coming from the manager herself. So they just told me to go back to my orthodontist and get my wires remove, rescheduled an appointment and come back and all that. BUT there was basically no service given to me at all that day. The x-ray they gave me was free, as stated on their website. After leaving their place with already paying the $119.00, I was telling my boyfriend the situation that went down in the back, how they weren't going to be fixing my molar, which it was an "emergency, " until my braces treatment was over. However, I couldn't continue my braces treatment from my orthodontist until my molar was fixed because it would break away any day. Like, it's literally missing a whole piece in the back of the tooth all the way down to the gum. So since the time was ticking and I had to get home to get ready, I had called their business inquiries and talked to a man on the phone about getting my refund. I told him about my situation and how I don't think I'm going to follow through with any of their treatments because I changed my mind. He told me that I could go back and get my money. So I was like, okay. I'll go get it on Monday since they are closed Sunday.

When I went back Monday morning, I had talked to the lady who was the same exact girl from the day of my first appointment and told her I had come for a refund. She gave me a look as if I had sad something out of norm. Telling me that they didn't do refunds or anything like that. I then told her that after I left their office that Saturday, I had called the business inquiries on their card and the man told me that I can come back in and get a refund. As I looked in the back of the lady talking to me, I noticed that her manager was just sitting "pretty" in her office, doing nothing but touching her phone. So the lady told me to hold on as she walked back and talked to her manager. The manager apparantly told her they didn't do refunds as the lady told me when she came back. I was furious ! I demanded the manager come out and talked to me and stop letting her staff talk to me since she had no clue how to handle anything. The manager finally came out of her office that she was clearly not doing anything, and came up to me and told me that I couldn't get my money back because it was not on the same day I did my x-ray. Therefore, I was furious a second time. I told her that the man on the phone, clearly stated that I can come back in for a refund. He did not say anything about having to come back on the very same day to get the money. He just told me, I can go in and get a refund. The thing that ticked me off the most about the services I received so far from this Western Dental place was the fact that they just tell you to do things without explaining to you why it is so or what is required and needed in order to come into a satisfactory agreement. Anyways, I told the lady that since I was already there, why doesn't she just give me my money back. I brought my receipt and everything to get my money back but she told me that they did not have any money. I looked at her and asked "What do you mean you don't have any money, are you guys broke? Like how do you expect to not have any money here, and when customers come in to do payments, how do you expect to give them change?" As I was saying all this, one of the lady staff that was sitting right behind the first lady that was talking to me suddenly laughed as if something was funny. This angered and disgusted me very much. Like, I am not someone who just sits in the back of a computer making alot of money. I am still an undergraduate, I go to school as a full-timer and I work hard to earn my money and being able to pay off my braces. Knowing that I came to this disgusting place to get a refund on something I work hard on and having these "grown, old women" just sitting around and laughing as if the situation was not bad is outrageous ! Anyways, the manager told me that I would have to call the business inquiries, which I replied "You're telling me that I would have to call them AGAIN?!" And she told me it was a process. I knew that the longer I stayed and argued with them, the more they are just going to make fun of me and give me dumb looks on their faces. So I left the building and immediately called the number, AGAIN !

When I called the number, a lady picked up. I had told her about my situation, how that Western Dental place refused to give me treatments unless I finish my braces treatment and how I was furious about that statement because I am technically not their patient but a referral for their service and how they failed to provide that for me. Not only that, but how I had paid them $119.00 that very day and left with nothing. The lady on the phone then put in a refund statement or something like that, I have no idea how it worked. But I remembered telling her that the incident took place on November 26th, 2016 on a Saturday. She then did whatever she needed to do. When she was done, she told me that she had done the refund thing and that I will be getting a check in my mail box of $119.00. She also stated that the process would take about 20-40 business days. I thanked her and appreciated her taking the time to listen to my complaint and everything.

Today, as of my complaint, is already the 11th of January 2017. I have NOT received anything in my mail box. I checked it constantly throughout December even up to today. There is nothing. So my question is, was I scammed ?! The number that I had called for a refund, was it a scam ? I've done some research about Western Dental after the incident and found out that they provide bad customer service and they are the worse. The reason I chose them in the beginning was because my former dentist was from Western Dental, however his location was in Kings Canyon. This Western Dental is located on Shaw. Just to find out that they are sketchy and my experience is bad, makes me cringe up to this day. I want my money ! I need it for school and other services such as my bills and my treatment for braces. It's been almost over 2 months. Send me my money or help me out please ! $119.00 is not little, its a lot of money for someone who does not make a lot and is still an undergraduate.

Any other questions, email me at [protected]@hotmail.com
or call/text me at [protected].

I hope to hear from you guys. Thank you for taking the time to read my complaint.

Pa