Western Dental / scam

Western Dental is a complete SCAM! Don't believe anything they tell you, they are onl trying to rip you off and take yor money!! My husband and I only went there because we were new to the area and it was the first place that popped up under my insurance. We went there and I felt like I was in some third world country. We had to wait almost 2 hours for them to verify our insurance and once we got in, we got our xrays done and then take into a huge room with about 10 or more different patient areas. It was like a large communal denitist office. Once the so called "dentist" came to examine me, she quickly went through my teeth and told me I had 16 cavities (one in a tooth I had extracted for braces years ago) and needed 2 root canals. She then proceeded to tell me that I had fallen on my face somehow and had created a trauma to my teeth. I am only 25 years old and nothing has happened to me or my teeth! Then she told me my husband needed veneers and when he refused she told him he needed gold crowns. She then said he had 5 cavities but when his proposed treatment came up those 5 turned into 17! We went to a real dentist today, an accredited dentist, he found absolutely NO cavities in either myself or my husband, NO need for any type of root canal or veneers or caps. And in his words exactly...Western Dental is a bunch of BULL! I had serious anxiety after this experience and will never be so stupid to not look into something more ever again! Please spread the word and stay away!!

Comments

• Ta
      3rd of Sep, 2010

On Monday, I called my insurance and discovered that they are not taken at Western Dental. I immediately called Western Dental to inform them. After haggling with the manager for 20 minutes she insured me she would find out from her superior if I can get a refund for my down payment.

After waiting all day, the manager called me back after 5 p.m. and told me that yes, I would receive a refund minus $39.99 for the x-rays. After waiting several weeks to see the credit on my credit card, it never showed up. Trying to contact the manager after this was incredibly difficult. Calling 3 times in the same day on more than one occasion over a period of several weeks and each time a different excuse as to why she can not take my call and leaving a message for her to call me back. She never did call me back and I have not seen the credit yet.

My credit card company will not let me pursue a merchant dispute without proof of cancellation which I am having trouble getting from the dental office. Recently, I had an unsatisfactory transaction with Western Dental in Phoenix on Thunderbird Road. After dental x-rays and a check up, I was told that I would be needing dentures. I decided to go ahead with the process after being told that they took my insurance. They gave me all of the paperwork that showed what my payments would be and I left a 10% down payment. I was also told (after the services were rendered for the initial check up and mold of my teeth were taken) that I should still call my insurance to be sure. This was on a Saturday.

• Lh
      4th of May, 2011

Yes it is amazing! This is how it was for me!!! OMG it is all about the money and on made-up stories! I am glad for you that you got out of there and you are spreading the word!!! Dentist are supposed to SAVE TEETH! THEY DO NOT DO THIS AT WESTERN DENTAL!

• Mb
      21st of Nov, 2011

Went to Western Dental Yuba City, CA.today for appointments at 2:30 and 3:00 for my children. Asked not to have children in rooms alone with Dr.s (girls) the assistant took my 11yr old in the room anyway.

Also, after 3 1/2 hours we were finally see. When I complained to the Manager (Kevin Evers) he was rude, "ready for a fight" and said "If you dont like the way we do things here, you can find another Dr." He also said because of HEPA laws I would not be able to sit in the room while the Dr. did his procedure.

Both times today, (and EVERY OTHER VISIT BEFORE)I was invited to sit in the room with my childern at the time of service.