Western Dental / avoid like plague

I had an apt with western dental and not only was I made to wait 45 minutes before I went in I was seated in a room that was, and this is the best way I can describe it, a communal dental office with dentists all around and patients, including myself with no privacy. I t was in one big room and everyone can see your x-rays and the work the dentists are doing on you. I was already scared, naturally but now I was mortified and embarrassed. The dentist who worked on me was rude. She told me to basically shut up and not move. That I hadn't raised a hand so I wasn't in pain. She then had me bite down after doing my fillings, did not tell me how hard to bite down so when the filling broke she proceeded to rudely tell me that I should not have bit down that hard and that is what happens when you do. Her assistant who seemed and I know this sounds rude but 5 cans short of a six pack and her conversed on subjects I deem to be inappropriate to discuss in front of your patient such as how busy it's getting and other personal matters that should be kept to themselves. The shot hurt yes but not only did they hurt, they made it worse by moving the needle as they were doing it and giving me like 5 shots in a matter of seconds that hurt and scared the hell out of me. She was rude and she kept calling me ma'am in a condescending tone. Oh and the filling she chastised me about has since started falling out again and it's only been about 4 days. I am not new to dental work and I know what a practice should practice. This is not it.

Ki

Comments

• Th
      7th of May, 2009

I WORKED FOR WESTERN DENTAL AND THAT PLACE IS CRAZY, WHATEVER YOU DO DON'T RETURN...PEOPLE ARE TREATED LIKE CATTLE NOT HUMANS.THEY CARE NOTHING ABOUT THE PATIENT JUST THE MONEY...AND DID YOU NOTICE THEY DON'T WASH THEIR HANDS BETWEEN PATIENTS, THEY ONLY CHANGE GLOVES...IF YOU OWE THEM MONEY PLEASE PAY ATTENTION TO THE BILLING I GUARANTEE THEY WILL TRY TO CHEAT YOU...THAT PLACE SUCKS. E.L.

27th of May, 2009

Hello on October 2006 i left from my job cause a bad toothache i researched everywhere for a dentist to take me in i had dental insurance but because it was Saturday my choices were limited so we found this place in Sacramento, California on Stockton blvd Western dental was the place we went in waited a few hours then when it was my turn we went into one big room in the back as i looked i seen 3 men with turbans on there heads they were the so called dentists as the employees were screaming and yelling and talking slang ghetto talk they were never told to be quiet as i was in my chair i was skeptical about a man and a turban working on my teeth so i asked are you dentists they replied yes i wanted to see credentials i was so much in pain and the price was cheap i said lets do it so they did a root canal on me and while it was being done they broke the pin used to do the root canal in my tooth area but they never told me i found out when my real dentist took an x ray and seen and showed me that it was in my tooth canal of course they denied it even though i had the evidence when they completed the job they said i would have to come back to finish the root canal procedure because it was closing time as i got off the chair i seen on the floor 5 different tolls or pins used for the root canal on the ground and they said dont worry someone will get them later i should have reported them to the dental board and better business bureau i wasd glad the pain was gone but i have and will never step in another western dental office as long as i live i hope and pray that they go out of business thank you Jesus Christ

• Wa
      8th of Jul, 2009

I REALLY HOPE THAT THE CORPORATE FINDS OUT WHO THIS E.L. PERSON IS AND SEWS THE ### OUT OF THEM FOR SLANDER AND DEFAMATION OF BUSINESS CHARACTER. THAT WOULD TEACH THEM TO TALK ###.

• Pr
      26th of Aug, 2009

I'm being harassed for a bill that has already been paid... They denied the complaint sent to the BBB citing confidentiality. They said they sent a release of information form.. Yeah right. I know they didn't because I received every other piece of ### mail from them. So I sent it to the Dental Board of California and the California State Atty General. It has been months of billing errors on their behalf. The bill was paid on time, never once late and I'm being harassed.

If anyone decides to receive services at Western Dental, please be careful. I have received nothing but bad service, rude customer service representatives, and overall terrible treatment.