Western Dental / awful company

I needed dentures right away. They escepted payments. What a mistake. I made 2 trips there after they made my dentures because they never fit right. Well they still didn't fit. I had another dentist fix them. The price was $800.00 for my dentures, my total bill was aprrox. $1, 500.00. I received retro medical. I sent them my medical card & letter of retro date. It took them 3-4 months to turn it in to medical. But they never did turn in for my dentures. Just for pulling my teeth. They won't turn it in to medical, they say dentures have to be pre-approved. Medical has told me, that is not for them to decide. Mean while, now they have raised the price of my dentures to $1, 829.00. My dentures cracked after 6 months. I never dropped them. I called them, they want $165.00 to fix them. They start pulling your teeth before your mouth is even numb. They call me about twice a week to harass me about my bill. They say my contract is viod, but then they expect me to make the contract payments. All the payments I am making they are using as late fees. Because I do not make the contract payment. I wouldn't advise any one to go there.

Li

Comments

• Va
      17th of Oct, 2008

OMG!! I am beyond FURIOUS with in incompetency of the entire Western Dental experience!! Over-booking patients, hour wait when given an appointment, hacking away at my 13 years olds gums with braces, she cried in agony and bleeding while then continued to carve away in her mouth. They said her orthodontist (also Western Dental) placed her braces in wrong position so they had no choice but to dig around them deep into the gums. I was horrified how cruel they were!!! And then the nightmare with their horrendous orthodontic treatment and crooked contract BS. (I will fill in the details shortly, thanks).

• Va
      17th of Oct, 2008

The staff is rude. Always call to tell you that they need to change your appt. but when you have something come up, they want to charge you $35 to change times, not just dates. They don't have many appt. days to choose from and expect you to bend and come in when it is convenient for them, not you. Orthos don't have a clue what they are doing. May not have same doc each time and each wants to do something totally different. No where to sit in waiting room either. Wait time is 1-2 hours. You feel like you have entered another country because rarely will you here English spoken. About 6 patients lined up side by side in chairs and Doc moves from patient to patient without washing hands, just changing gloves. (Not a replacement for washing hands). Don't be fooled by price either. Will nicket and dime you to death. Go to reputable Ortho and pay a little more. I don't think my child's teeth have moved at all. Her regular dentist knew more of what to do than what has been done here at Western Dental.

• Wa
      24th of Mar, 2009

AWFUL CUSTOMER SERVICE, DIRTY PLACE AND VERY EXPENSIVE!!!

THEY ARE SUCH A RIPOFF!!! THEY DO EVERYTHING IN SUCH A RUSH, BAD JOB THEY HAVE NO IDEA WHAT THEY ARE DOING!!!

THEY OVERPRICE YOU DONT GO THERE!!!

• He
      3rd of Apr, 2009

I totally agree. I had horrible service in the Folsom, CA location. There wasn't any waiting, but the service was awful. During my first appointment I was in the chair for over 3 1/2 hours. I was almost choked by cotton roll falling in back of my throat which neither doctor or assistant noticed. I had to pull it out myself. I was treated as if it was my fault the appointment was taking so long... it was after work hours. My mouth was no longer numb during the end of the treatment, but I just wanted to get out. I was in tears! I had more than three assistants that kept switching out as some were going home for the day. At one point, it was just me and the dentist with her rushing to get done and a suction just sitting in my mouth.

I also went back for a teeth whitening and was burned horribly. My front gums will probably never be the same. I thought I'd be able to smile more after the whitening, but that is not the case. The gums on my front teeth have receded and no longer follow the shape of my front teeth. It's aweful!

I was charegd for things that I don't even think I needed and the work was bad. I'll NEVER use them again to try and save a few $$. I really don't think I did save money as my normal dentist would have probably charged the same AND his work is fabulous. It's just been tough finacially, so I thought I'd take a chance. Bad move on my part!!!

Not only was the service bad, but now I'm being asked to pay more money when I actually made my last payment in the office. I'm even being charged a late fee!! I have send an email complaint, but let's see if something arrises out of it.

• Th
      7th of May, 2009

I WORKED FOR THAT HORRIBLE PLACE AND WHAT YOUR SAYING IS THE TRUTH...WESTERN DENTAL IS A COMPLETE RIP OFF AND THEY ARE TRAINED TO LIE...SORRY YOU WENT THERE...E.L.

• Wa
      8th of Jul, 2009

I REALLY HOPE THAT THE CORPORATE FINDS OUT WHO THIS E.L. PERSON IS AND SEWS THE ### OUT OF THEM FOR SLANDER AND DEFAMATION OF BUSINESS CHARACTER. THAT WOULD TEACH THEM TO TALK ###.