Western Career College / Scam

Western Career College will take your money and give you discrimination. I am a 4.0 student at this school, have already completed the program and paid $33, 000. The director of the surgical technology program, Karen Shirley has dropped me from the program after graduating with honors. Karen Shirley bases students grades on how she feels about them rather than their hard work. Karen has become too power stricken in her position as director of surgical technology. She is sending people out into surgery based on the favors they do for her so in turn, these people are dangerous to the patient because they don't know what they are doing. Due to a failing grade on a test, Karen is dropping me from the program. While another student of Caucasian decent made deadly mistakes and passed the same test. I don't feel I should have to pay for this discriminatory school where my credits won’t transfer.

Va

Comments

• Je
      5th of Aug, 2008

I went to western for a short period where they dropped me due to my attendance. However other students were absent just as much without getting dropped and even have receievec courtesy calls. The insult to injury is that I only completed 1 class, they receieved $6, 500 in loans for me, spent it and then dismissed me after absorbing loans that now I responsible for... I was in school from 9-24-07 to 12-o7 and completed 1 measly class... WT[censored] I have tried to communicate sevedral times but they say they will look in to it and call me back... yeah right... they get your money and could care less if you make it or not. In this case they got paid for my warm body and not for educating me. However, I will fight this because the only classes we were responsible for were the ones we took not for how long we were in the program.

• Vi
      10th of Sep, 2008

It is obvious to me that the posters are exhibiting an attitude that is prevalent in society today - the "I'm a victim" attitude. I happen to know that the OP failed to mention that she failed the FINAL surgical skills test, was given 10 extra weeks to practice and then failed again. Other students that failed included a caucasian. Additionally OP was never a 4.0 student.
    As to the second poster, she admits to having poor attendance. This is something that is told to students from day one, that poor attendance will affect your grade, and possibly cause you to be dropped from the program.
    People like the previous two posters would be a lot better off if they stood up and took responsibility for their own failures rather than trying to blame it on someone else.

2nd of Oct, 2008

I AM THINKING OF STARTTING CLASSES AT WCC IN PLEASANT HILL, CA IN 20 DAYS AFTER SOME RESEARCH IM LEANING TOWARDS DROPPING MY DESCISION. IF ANYONE HAS ANY EXPIRENCE BAD OR GOOD WITH THIS CAMPUS PLEASE REPLY I AM GOING FOR MEDICAL ASSISTING AND I CANT AFFORD TO WASTE MY TIME AND MONEY ON A SCHOOL WITH A BAD REP. PLEASE IVE BEEN SCAMMED AND DONE WRONG TOO MANY TIMES BUT I ALSO DONT WANT TO DROP OUT ON CLAIMS THAT MAY NOT BE THRUTHS WITH THE CAMPUS I WILL BE ATTENDING THANKS ALL

CCASAS2008@HOTMAIL.COM

• El
      9th of Oct, 2008

I would have to agree with Vince. I use to work with accreditation for all vocational schools and vocational schools have to follow what we called WASC accreditation for those that apply for WASC accreditation. Everything is done by the book, they are not allowed to play favorites, everything is documented according to the accreditation guidelines. WASC accreditation makes sure that everything is done by the book with lawyers which are court appointed so there is no room for favortism. Documents are constantly reviewed and reviewed and reviewed again by those court appointed attornies to ensure that favortism is not an issue. Western Career College shares the same accreditation with Stanford and other Ivy league schools as well as state schools so room for favortism coming from someone who used to be on the WASC accreditation board, is not practiced and it is justification for taking away accreditation. If this student above felt there is favoritism there should be documents to that prove it...some sort of test where two students answered the same way and both were answered wrong and only one got it marked wrong and the other right...that would be a documentation of favortism. but if the both students got the same question wrong, there is no favortism involved. WASC takes this very seriously and if there is no grounds, there should be a complaint and basically it is the students that is not taking responsiblity for their own actions and use the "I am the victim" attitude. Be an adult and face up to your own responsiblities and actions. Passing a surgical technology I know thatif you didn't pass it is like KILLING A PATIENT.

• In
      1st of Dec, 2017

@eloisa Wow compare yourself to real colleges? Unfortunately for all the students their things there promised like the credits can be transferred. Not true. When do colleges get out degrees that have no official stamps on it? Western career college does. The rest of the world calls it a fake degree worthless just like the credits that were supposed to be transferable. I saw a lot of favoritism and as a 4.0 student myself and not ever getting a job after I graduated because nobody told me that in order to get a medical billing job you must have great credit, yes employees check your credit in the billing department and if they feel you can’t take care of your own bills they are certainly not gonna hire you to take care of their’s. That would’ve been nice to know since the student loan has made my credit even worse, making it impossible to get a job with a worthless degree.

• Sm
      20th of Oct, 2008

I'm still a student here and I'm supposed to be going into my third course. I had an 81 percent in the last course which is a B and they are trying to drop me and not let me attend my third course I would like to get some legal advice and find out if they can actually do this after my loan has already gone out? Also my teacher discriminates against other students and does not treat each student equally. When I signed up I was told and assured that it was almost impossible to fail the course. Are they really running a scam? and what can I do because I am out of money? I have no money to start over again at another school? Any adive?

22nd of Oct, 2008

I am about to start the Medical Assistant Program at the Citrus Heights location. I am hearing a lot of complaints about this school. I would like to hear from past students to make sure I am making the right choice. Thanks

• Vi
      30th of Oct, 2008

Chastity, My niece took the MA course in Pleasant Hill and loved it. She has been working steadily ever since she graduated and has nothing but good things to say about the program.

29th of Nov, 2008

Hello Vince! I would like to know if you work for this school and know Geneice personally. If you do, you would also know that this student came to this school with a degree in science and she is no fool. If you know this school so well, how come you dont know that the ST program is still working on accredidation and there was no FInal exam test, only a final mock surgery. Now, suddenly there is a final writen test aas well.You say this school is soooo good well, if that were the case, how come out of a CLASS of 23 students only three of those students have jobs in the surgical field. And yto you Elois, you obviously dont work for this school anymore and have apparently not set foot on campus or taled to other students. You say they take discrimination cases very seriously. If that were the case, they wouldn't give you the runaround when you have an issue? Some students were even threatend by the teacher saying "If they complained their heads would roll". I do know the above student personally and all she wants is what she worked so hard to get...her certificate not any handouts. So, Vince, you have no right to justify this schools shortcomings if you are not a student and have not gone through any program at this school. After all, students ARE investors of this school and they deserve a fair chance at their education.

29th of Nov, 2008

To you annonymouse, the top of the complaint tower is the U.S department of Veteran's affairs. Those are the peolple who regulate the loans and grants for the school. You first need to write a detailed letter and then send it to them!! O.k, Eloise, say two students take the same test, they bothe make the same mistakes, one passed, the other fails. the one that passed is told " Oh, I only passed you because I like you" what do you call that? Is that not favortism? Oh, yeah. im sure this school takes plenty of steps to cover their ###, you have to be one step ahead of them.

• Ms
      1st of Dec, 2008

OMG! I HAVE READ ALL OF THESE POSTINGS AND I CAN TELL YOU THAT I WAS A STUDENT OF WCC IN SAN JOSE AND THEY ARE A BIG RIP OFF! THE SAD PART IS THAT ONCE YOU START AND GET GOING YOUR PRETTY MUCH STUCK BECAUSE YOU WILL OWE SO MUCH MONEY IN LOANS EVEN IF YOU ONLY ATTEND SCHOOL FOR 2 TERMS. ANYHOW THAT'S NEITHER HERE NOR THERE. I JUST WANTED TO SAY TO THE TWO PEOPLE WHO OBVIOUSLY WORK FOR THE SCHOOL THAT YOU BOTH ARE FULL OF IT! I WATCHED A STUDENT BE SEXUALLY HARASSED BY AN INSTRUCTOR! HE WALKED UP TO HER IN THE HALLWAY AND KISSED HER ON THE MOUTH AND STARTED LAUGHING. THE STUDENT COMPLAINED TO THE PROGRAM DIRECTOR WHO WAS THE GIRLFRIEND OF THAT PARTICULAR INSTRUCTOR, AND HER RESPONSE WAS "IT'S HAPPENING AGAIN." I KNOW FOR FACT THAT A STUDENT CLEANED UP THE PROGRAM DIRECTOR'S HOUSE, AS WELL AS ANOTHER INSTRUCTOR. THAT IS AGAINST THE RULES. YOU ARE NOT TO BE HANGING OUT WITH INSTRUCTORS WHILE YOU ARE A STUDENT. OH AND ABOUT THAT DISCRIMINATION THING, I PERSONALLY ALONG WITH ANOTHER INSTRUCTOR STEVEN BELTZ AN INSTRUCTOR OF THE ST PROGRAM USE THE "N" WORD DURING A LAB CLASS. HE OFTEN REFERRED TO OUR OLD PROGRAM DIRECTOR MS.BOWEN AS THAT BIG BLACK LADY. THE PROGRAM DIRECTOR ALSO ATTENDED BBQ'S WITH HER "FAVORITE" STUDENTS. THERE ARE PICTURES TO PROVE IT ALONG WITH AN SAVED EMAIL WHICH SOME MIGHT THINK VANISHED. OUR PROGRAM DIRECTOR KAREN SHIRLEY HAS FRAUDULANTLY WRITTEN OFF STERILE PROCESSING HOURS FOR STUDENTS. I HAVE PROOF THAT CERTAIN STUDENTS WHO WERE TO COMPLETE 256 HRS OF SPD ONLY COMPLETED 40HRS. THE REST OF THE HOURS WERE WRITTEN OFF. THAT IS ILLEGAL ACCORDING TO ARC-ST STANDARDS. I COULD GO ON ON ABOUT THE INCIDENTS THAT OCCURRED AT WCC SAN JOSE THROUGHOUT THE SURGICAL TECHNOLOGY PROGRAM. EVERYTHING THAT I HAVE SAID, I HAVE THE PAPER TRAIL TO BACK ME UP. FOR THE RECORD I FIND IT HIGHLY INAPPROPRIATE THAT A CURRENT EMPLOYEE IS RELEASING INFORMATION ABOUT A CURRENT STUDENT AT WCC SAN JOSE ON THE INTERNET. THERE IS NO LEVEL OF CONFIDENTIALITY WITHIN THAT SCHOOL AND IT IS PRETTY SAD! THIS TYPE OF BEHAVIOR HAPPENS EVERYDAY AT THAT CAMPUS BUT WORSE! WCC IS WAY TOO MUCH MONEY. THE MA PROGRAM IS A BIG RIP OFF. YOU PAY ALMOST 20, 000 FOR YOUR EDUCATION ONLY TO GRADUATE AND MAKE 12-18 DOLLARS AN HOUR TOP! HOW CAN YOU PAY THE LOANS BACK ON THOSE TYPE OF WAGES? IF YOU CHOOSE A PHARMACY TECH, MA OR ANY OTHER MEDICAL PROGRAM I WOULD HIGHLY RECOMMEND CONTACTING YOUR LOCAL ADULT SCHOOL. ITS 90% CHEAPER AND YOU GET TREATED BETTER! THE EMPLOYEES OF WCC ARE BRAINWASHED TO BRAINWASH POTENTIAL STUDENTS. OH AND BY THE WAY "VINCE" THERE IS NO PERSON AT THAT SCHOOL BY THAT NAME. I CHECKED BUT SINCE YOU DO WORK THERE YOU WILL SOON SEE THE PAPERTRAIL THAT WAS KEPT AND FINALLY THE TRUTH WILL COME OUT!
    P.S GENEICE WAS AND IS A BRIGHT STUDENT AND IF YOU READ HER TRANSCRIPTS SHE WAS A 4.0 STUDENT AND SHE GAVE THE SPEECH AT GRADUATION. SHE WAS A TOP STUDENT. DON'T TRY TO PORTRAY SOMEONES CHARACTER DOWN. SHE IS A VERY NICE AND BRIGHT PERSON! SHE HAS WONDERFUL FUTURE AND IF SHE DOESN'T PASS THIS STUPID PROGRAM SHE HAS A DEGREE IN BIOLOGY SHE CAN APPLY FOR THE RN PROGRAM GET IN FINISH AND MAKE THREE TIMES A SURGICAL TECH. SO WHATEVER HAPPENS, HAPPENS. STOP DRINKING THAT HATORADE VINCE AND STOP DEFENDING THAT SCHOOL. THAT DON'T CARE ABOUT YOU EITHER. WAKE UP!

22nd of Dec, 2008

Oh Please! Let's not go there with slander. That program director who's name GT mentioned has slandered so many peoples name its not funny. If she sues GT you better believe she will be hit with a fat law suit for slander, discrimination and harassment! All of which is documented FACT! The program does not have an 87% hire rate. Most of the students that did graduate are NOT working as a surgical tech. They are either working in CPD or they are doing what they did before they came to WCC. The reason is because of caring about the students and what experience they got all WCC cared about was money. They rushed students through their extern ships to place another student in that spot. Then when it was time to get a job all they had was 4-8weeks of OR experience. If you know anything about this field you should know that you need at least 6months to 1yr of operating room experience. If you look online at the job postings they all say it! Students were completely jacked out of their money. FACT: WCC San Jose did not have enough sites to place all the students that they were enrolling. Students waited months to get placed at a hospital. To whoever wrote that last comment your a liar. You obviously work closely with that program because an average joe wouldn't know that being a surg tech is more hands on than it is book smarts nor would they know about AST. Oh and if 256 sterile processing hours were not required why do I have the paper stating that it is? I guess it depends on who you are as to what the requirements for graduating are. I love how you WCC employees insist on giving out confidential information about your current and former students. How would you know that GT didn't hold a 4.0 gpa if you weren't directly involved with the school or that program? I know she had an honor cord around her neck at graduation so she had to be one of the top students in the class. That program is full of crap. I hope all the students that have been screwed over get together and sue the pants off that place! What's even more disturbing is that an instructor who is in the field working as a surgical tech can use the word ### in the classroom and work in an operating room. That's very scary. I wouldn't want anyone like that in an OR. The other thing is that a white female student contaminates a needle and hands it to the surgeon during her mock surgery and she is passed on. Why would I want a person like that working in an OR? I believe that all students should be treated fairly and justly. This is not happening at WCC San Jose in the Surg Tech program. The program is based upon how much you are liked not on your abilities. I am a witness to all the BS and believe me I have it all documented and I do intend to file a formal complaint with the NAACP, San Jose Mercury News, Channel 7 on your side and every other organization that is in any way affiliated with this school. Oh and when the truth does surface accreditation will be suspended. It is against the law to discriminate or harass anyone. Let's not forget that genius program director paid her student to clean her house and she paid with checks so the proof is in the pudding. NO one is getting slandered. That sorry excuse for a program director is just mad because her job is about to be on the line and there's not a thing her co conspirator who happens to be the dean of education can do to help her. I can't wait to spill all the beans on those people. Oh and I will be printing all of these comments and we'll see if anyone from WCC is involved with commenting on this page. All the people who have written back have some inside knowledge of the situation and there is no way that you could have this info unless you were in some way related to this program.It is quite illegal to be discussing student information that is private and of all places on the internet. Wake up world. Is this where you want to get your education? Employees may get on the internet and discuss your grades and any private information that you have. How unprofessional and childish can you get. It's funny though I don't hear any comments about the word ### being used or that student who was sexually harassed. I guess all of that is ok. Oh and if anyone wants to see the original contract that was written and signed it says that for the third term each student is to complete 256hr in sterile processing equaling 16hr per week for 16 weeks. The fourth quarter states that you must complete 512hrs at 8hrs per day four times a week. On the fifth day you are to report to school from 8-12. The requirements changed based on how the instructor was feeling that day. DON"T ATTEND THIS CAMPUS OR THIS PROGRAM! THERE ARE OTHERS OUT THERE THAT ARE CHEAPER AND WILL TREAT YOU ALOT BETTER!

27th of Dec, 2008

I am a former graduate of WCC and I will have to agree with Ms. Hill. I only have two months of experience on my externship and i must say, it is very hard to find a job with so little experience in a surgery center. I do not even have all the proper surgeries required to work in this field. My employer will have to be willing to teach me and have alot of patience with me as I learn. The hard part is, WCC is supposed to be a very prominent school so when i tell people that i graduated from there, their eyes light up. But, when I show them my two page resume, they look at me like i have two heads. The thing is, This school is not regulated by the STATES department so they can chargee anything they want for the program. I looked on saleries.com and I am only supposed to make about $50, 000 per year. Now, If I am paying $40, 000 back in student loans for this ONE certificate, HOW MUCH DO I REALLY MAKE? I guess i should happy that i don't have kids yet because if i did, after completeing this program, I would be struggling to make a living. I feel sorry for the NURSING program because they pay $48, 000 for their program and they make about the same as ST's. So, who is really mking the money? I wish I would have applied to be a counselor at this school because they get PAID to trick these unsuspecting students into enrolling in the program. Ms. Hill is right, the director of the program discriminates if you are too black, too mexican, too old, too pregnant, too homosexual and too pretty. If she dosent like you, i dosent matter how good your grades are, you wont pass. If she does like you, you can make 10 contaminations in one surgery and still get a 96 on your skills check. This school is a scam and I wonder where all these new Unsespecting black teachers are coming from. If i did'nt know better, i would think that she is making it look like she LOVES black people by hiring all these new black teachers from other states. One of the teachers is soo busey looking at the female student's breast all day, he actually forgets to teach the class. And whoever you are annonymouse, you are a liar. There is no 87% hire rate, I cant even find a job with the mesely experience that I have. Critical thinking was never apart of the program, You have to be fair skinned in order to pass. Whoever you are annonymouse, those are not real fact's that you are stating. Obviously you are not a student, you work for the school.

27th of Dec, 2008

DO NOT ATTEND THIS SCHOOL!!! GO TO PUBLIUC SCHOOL, THEY ARE ALOT CHEAPER AND YOUR CREDITS WILL TRANSFER.

28th of Jan, 2009

Mrs. Hill must be a lazy lady, I went to this school and I had trouble with the program it was hard. But I know that if I wanted to get ahead in life, I had to work at it. I dont kiss anybody's ###, but I went to school everyday and studied hard. and I work my bartending job at nights, so everyday in class I was sleepy and tired. I graduated the program and I got a job at 31$ an hour. I know at least 20 other students that have jobs in the operating room and making as much. Nothing in this world is free, you have to earn it. And guess what Karen shirley was the program director.She always treated me the way I like to be treated. In order to get respect you have to give respect, I never went to bar-b-q with other students or go out anywhere with them. I went to school and kept to my self and did not belong to any clicks or start rumors. I am working with some surgical techs who have worke with Mrs. Shirley and they say nothing about good things, I was also told that she has over 25 yrs experience in the field. She even worked at stanford for over 3 yrs, when her assighnment was only 13 weeks, but they kept extending her contract. The nurse that I work with also told me that she has worked with some of the top surgeons in the world. If she was not around the surgeons would aske for her. Mrs. Shirley was always around when I needed help.I went on fridays when the lab was open and never once did I see any other students. Like someone told me before (you get what you put into it.) Mrs. Shirley also knows alot of people at other hospitals who would stand up for her character and professionalism. You people who only complain are sick and weird. You probably dont deserve to work in this field. If you complain about the loans for school, you should have thought that you need to study knowing that you had to pay back those loans. Go ahead and go to other schools, you say its cheaper. Have to ever heard you get what you pay for. Since Mrs. Shirley took over that school has come along way. You should have been there before she took over. Mrs Shirley had to rewrite the whole program by the book . She is not allowed to make up her own way, she has to go by the association of surgical technologist. They are those ones that tell the schools how to run the program. They also run background checks and have to be certified, other schools dont have instructors who are certified that's why it is cheaper and they have less experience. Every where you go there will always be complaints, thats a fact of life.But instead of complaining why dont you get off your lazy ### and show up to school. I did and now look at me, I even just bought my first car and its a 2009, and I owe it all to Mrs. Shirley and Western Carrer College

16th of Feb, 2009

I think Mrs. Shirley told you to write this NEW TECH. It's obvious that you do not know much about this school or the situation. The above student was not Lazy at all, In fact she was at school on time everyday and asked a lot of questions in class. This school is a sham. Any School that teaches you something to prepare for a career could at least make sure you have enough experince to find a job in that field of study. They could at least make sure they have enough sites to accommodate all the students who join the program. The site director of the school is a mess. He calls students who have jobs and skes them for information so he can try and send another student their. THAT'S NOT HOW YOU FIND O.R SITES. Im surprised, frankly, how can a student got to a school, get straight A s, refuse to give up, and fail the program. You are right about one thing tho. In this program, if you are not a student who learns on their own, you will fail. It does take hard work and dedication but it's not only WHAT you know, It's WHO you know. Those who CAN, DO, Those who CANT, Teach. You are confused about one thing tho. It's the teachers that are LAZY not the students. The students are given all these books but only crack three of ten. That progrsam director has not made things better because the program changes every semester, for the worse. YOU DONT GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR AT THIS SCHOOL. YOU JUST AS EASILY COULD PAY TO GET SCREWED FROM A PROSTITUTE.

• Du
      18th of Feb, 2009

Sounds like this karen caracter is going to live a long and bitter life -sterile- maybe that's why she wants everybody to suffer, may life give her all that she deserves.

• La
      20th of Mar, 2009

Hi, my name is Brandon and yes I'm putting my name up because I don't care if Karen knows I wrote this complaint. I attended WCC from August of 2007 to August of 2008. The surgical tech program is a load of ###. In the year I was there we went through 3 instructors which all taught a certain way of doing things, but it was by the book. When the instructor was fired or quit, the method they taught us was apparently wrong and we had to relearn a different method. The problem is that it is hard to unlearn 5 months of teaching in short period of time. If we were caught using that method and told them thats what the other instructor taught we were yelled at and points were marked off. During the the 3rd term we did practice surgeries everyday and if the instructor that was grading you like you he/she would give you good marks and if they didn't like you they would you bad marks even though you did everything right. One instructor, I will call him ###, thought he was the best surgical tech in the world and walk around like he was better than everyone. In fact he is a very bad teacher and wouldn't give us enough time to take proper notes during lecture. The new students that were under us got updated materials and we were forced to use the out dated ones and then they would wonder why most of us were failing our written tests. The instructors did not know how to teach and most of the time they were very disorganized. The stress the school was putting under was causing me to have health problems. I started to have panic attacks in lab because I knew the instructor was going to fail for the day even if I did everything right. I had to go on a prescription for Xanax even to go to school. I had to change my anti-depressant to a stronger one and I develop insomnia because of the stress the school was causing me. I had to go strong sleeping pills just to get some sleep. It also caused problems in my personal life. The stress was so bad I started drinking a lot more and when I would get home from school, I was so stressed out my mom and girlfriend at the time try to talk to me and I would just lash out at them. My girlfriend broke up with because of it and I loved her very much. I basically stop showing up for school in the 3rd term because I knew I was going to fail the lab portion no matter how hard I tried because the instructors didn't like me. One student was so stressed out in lab she began to cry because she knew Karen didn't like her. Karen told if I didn't stop having panic attacks in lab she would kick me out. She is reason I was having them and a panic attack is something you can't control. Karen accused me of sexual harassment and being a racist. First off why would I commit a act of sexual harassment, I'm not like that and you can ask my ex-girlfriend and all my friends that are girls I'm not like that. I have a lot respect for women because my mom raised me all my life. Second I'm no racist, most of my friends are black, Mexican, Asian, and from other ethnic backgrounds. Yes, I'm a white man and I was raised in the south, but I'm not racist. I asked all my fellow classmates which happen to be mostly from from other ethnic backgrounds and they said they never heard me say one racist thing ever and my good friend in the program in the was a Hispanic man. Karen tried everything to drive me out of the program and none of it worked. She finally got her wish because I tested positive for marijuana. The reason I was using marijuana was not to get high, but to deal with stress the school was putting me under. I had a prescription for it and I was covered under California state law prop. 215. Which is the legal use for medical marijuana. I know other students tested positive for drugs and they were given a second chance. I wasn't because Karen hated me. Those students were given second chances because they kissed her ###ing ###. I have A.D.D which is attention deficit disorder. Which is classified as disability under The Disability Act. I told all the instructors and Karen that I have and the medical records to back it up. Under the disability act I'm aloud more time for tests and that included tests in the lab. I told Karen this and she told me that they do not recognize A.D.D as a disability and I would not be given more time to perform tasks. When I got kicked out my mother called the school and told them I had A.D.D and they said I never told them, which is a ###ing lie. Two of my classmates got kicked out for cheating, which they did not do. They got kicked out because Karen did not like them and they happen to be of Asian and Hispanic descent. Karen is a racist and she does play favorites. The instructors teach through intimidation and cause students to have panic attacks. The medical terminology instructor is so old and hasn't practiced medicine in so many years doesn't know what he talking about. Yes, I know he is former doctor and I do respect that, but when you caught him telling you something wrong and disagreed with him, he would argue with you and try to make you feel stupid. Even if you had proof he was wrong he would still argue with you. He was always right and we were all wrong. What a load of ###. My father is a vascular surgeon and I told him some of the things he was teaching us and my dad even said he was full of ###. One student was so terrified of Karen, she began crying during her practice surgeries. They started to call me out because I wore a hat or wristband to school. It was alright for students to wear hats and other things, but not me. So, do not attend this school or this program because it is a huge scam and you are set up to fail. To Vince and all the others that are defending Karen please stop. She has brainwashed you to believe that she is the nicest person in the world, but in reality she is a cold-hearted ###. She doesn't care about the students just how much she gets paid through our loans. The dean Pam Curtis is in favor with Karen and goes along everything Karen says even though she is wrong half the time. To Ms. Hill I'm with you, all the ###ed over students should get together and sue the ### of the school and a file a personal law suit against Karen for discrimination. Also Ms. Hill if you do goto the news channel or file a formal complaint, I will back you up. Karen also said I missed 4 days at my SPD site, but it was only two and the SPD manager can back me up on that. Tony Legler is a ###ing ### and thinks he so great, but in reality hes a piece of ###. If he doesn't like you he will give you bad marks even if you did everything right. The whole needs to be put under review and everyone that runs the program needs to be terminated, especially Karen. Pam Curtis, the dean of education, needs to fired also. Again do not attend any western career colleges unless you want to rob and bent over and ###ed up the ### like a little ###. To all the students who kiss Karen's ### all I have to say is ### You.

• In
      1st of Apr, 2009

well they Teach intimidation, by criminal justice, Grumpy by Surgical Tech and mental torture by the rest of the staff great school. NOT

6th of Apr, 2009

You all need to grow up and mature. You have demonstrated by your comments that you are unable to be a functional member of society.

What more do you want? A lollipop each day? Instant A just because you showed up? Perhaps you should stop testing positive for drugs, be on time, be ready to participate, do your home work. Wow! What a concept!

Be real! This is a school that requires you to actually be responsible. Stop whining. Or better yet, go ahead and ### and see who really listens to you... No one.

• To
      9th of Apr, 2009

Hi im here to agree with all the complaints about WWC, they're liars and thieves, All those commericals are not formel students, they were payed workers, These type of school just loves to take your money, with my experience i got hired on my own to a place that they did no think that was hiring, so basically they were sending me to a place to work for free so i wont bother them no more, but at first i didnt believe they would do that to me until they hired me and the job that hired laid me off and WCC had a promising to all there students that would help them find jobs, Here i am not working to what program i graduated, its been 3 months now that i been jobless, I had no way to pay the payments or anything, i had bills, i had enough money saved up just for me to pay my regular bills, which are car payments, car insurance, phone bill. I emailed a request for help and the response i get is " have you look on craigslist". and i said yes and thats the only thing she helped me out. I emailed there finicial aide specialist, for request for help to delay my payments or some how lower the pay but no response, I have a girl friend that also graduated at WCC, she also didnt get here paper work proving that she graduated from them,

WCC has lack of commitment to there students giving hopes to there students making young adult teenagers and adults believe that they have opporuntiny to get a better career and to get a bette life, These type of schools is a rip off, please do not go to them. I should of listened to my friends.