Westdale Financial Group / Personal loan scam - westdale finance group

1 263 Tresser Blvd.Stamford, United States Review updated:
Phone: 888-623-2144

I went on - line in search of an emergency loan. I have poor credit and knew it may be difficult. Because of some financial issues, i was behind on bills. I was desperate (And still am) to pay bills especially my car.

I was contacted by westdale financial group on monday. The 'loan officer's' name is supposedly matt kelly, ext. 334. I was told that i was approved for a $5, 000 loan with westdale financial group.

The terms of the loan seemed pretty standard except they wanted $759. 70 up front before they would direct deposit the $5, 000 the next day. The $759. 70 was to cover the first 5 months worth of payments on a 36 month loan and my first payment wouldn't be due until feb 2009. I was told that because my credit was considered "high risk" that they needed the down payment.

I asked matt kelly questions and he even faxed over a copy of the contract for me to review and sign. The contract looked so real and he even had me sign it and fax it back to him. They even had my rate of 6% and what my monthly payment was going to be.

After borrowing money from my sister(From her morgage payment) she wanted to make sure this was a lidgit lender. I assured her it was since they faxed over the contract to me. The next day i started thinking about what she had said.

I started looking online and googling their company name. All that came up was real estate properties. I couldn't find them anywhere on the internet; not on the better business bureau (Bbb) , duns and bradstreet, white pages in stamford ct, and different search engine. I couldn't find any information on them at all. Except for the website they gave me. Even the website looked lidgit. I read other complaints about other companies and started doubting myself. Their situation was just like mine. But the company was a different name. I even searched on here for the name of their company and other complaint websites and couldn't find their name on it.

When they told me to send it money gram to a "lender" named rebecca mollett, i should have stoped right there. But $5, 000 sounded too good to pass up. Plus i was really desperate for the money. It would have helped out on rent and payment on my car for a couple of months.

So i wired them the money yesterday and now matt won't pick up his phone. Some supposed "supervisor" named justin dewitt as now informed me the the "lender" has asked me for another $759 because my credit it is so bad. It took me all day to try and get a hold of someone and now they're telling me i need to put down some more money. Now when i asked for the refund of my money they said i have to wait until sept. 1st to get my check. Let's wait and see if that really happens. Now i"m out almost $800 and i owe my sister her morgage payment back wich i don't have.

These people should be punished. I wanted to right this as soon as it happened so that anyone else contacted by westdale finance group / corp don't fall victim by them.

Comments

• Vl
      22nd of Aug, 2008

THANKS!!! They were just about to get me. Like you I am in a desperate situation. I was begining to doubt the validity of this loan and now I know for sure this is a scam. When you help others you are rewarded. You'll be ok. Thanks again. You're a good guy!!!

• Si
      29th of Aug, 2008

Hello, What did you do? Did you contact the police and did they do something.

People like this, making money from people in desperate situation should be cought and punished.

Silvia

29th of Aug, 2008

I reported them to BBB. I tried to contact them again, they were suppose to fax over a letter stating they will mail out my refund on Sept. 1st. After several attempts they finally answered and said they were working on the letter (after several days later they are still working on it). But still haven't received a fax. I'll just have to wait until next week and see if I do get it. Then I will report it to the police. They can't really do much right now since they said they are going to mail it out on the first. I'm just hoping they do because the money I borrowed is for my sister's morgage. And I'm still in need of some cash for my car payment but I know better not to fall for this anymore. We'll just have to wait and see.

• We
      30th of Aug, 2008

We were also nearly hoodwinked by these folks. I looked up their address, and contacted the building manager. It seemed a little fishy when I entered in their address, and the space that they supposedly occupied is currently available for lease. When I got in contact with the building manager they informed me that no business by that name is or has ever been there.

3rd of Sep, 2008

I guess that means I'm not getting my money back.

10th of Sep, 2008

So I just called their phone number to find out about my refund, and guess what. The phone number is no longer available.

12th of Sep, 2008
    Westdale Finance Corp. - Loan scam
    Westdale Finace Corp.

I applied online for a business loan and they faxed me the documents. I then moneygramed the $2480. to some dorothy hutton in alberta canada. Never to hear or able to call steven cauldwell again. Someone find these people and do them harm as they have done to us.

12th of Sep, 2008

I was getting a business loan from them.I recieved the papers and got a call from steven cauldwell to send a moneygram to dorothy hutton in alberta, canada for $2480.and I called and guess what I couldnt get anyone just goodbye.they better be happy now.###s.

• Da
      13th of Sep, 2008

they got me too

• Pa
      3rd of Oct, 2008

They got me too. I have filed reports with the FBI, FTC, Both attorney Generals in CT and PA, tracked the building managers of the Address that they are using, (now their Legal Department is after them) and filed a complaint with the local police department who then filed a report with both the Toronto and Stamford PD's. I now have a private investigator on their tracks. I was desperate, I am tring to get my business going, and stupid me sent my entire month's Disability payment, plus and additional pay day loan ( yet another stupid move) and needless to say no bills, including my rent got paid for September. So this month, I paid my rent, and had to make a choice. If I got some groceries I couldn't pay anything else. If I paid the other bills, I couldn't do any shopping. Since I didn't have enough stuff in the house to scrounge for another month I did some shopping. I have been working like a dog to re-establish my credit after a long illness, and now it has all gone to hell in a handbasket!!! These clowns better hope that the authorities get them before I do, or the Metropoliten Opera in New York is going to hae two new First Soporanos!!!

• Da
      15th of Oct, 2008

they got me to can you email me some numbers i can call to report them