Australia, Queensland, Townsville Review updated:
Townsville mall
I had applied and been accepted for a credit card. I received a pin and then a statement in the mail, but no card. On going into the bank to enquire, I was asked to wait while they tried to find the card, one hour later I was told they couldn't find it and asked me to come back the next day. I took time off work the next day to go back in and was told (after waiting 45minutes to be seen) that it had been accidently sent back to headquarters and I would need to reapply. Took an extra lunch hour the next day to reapply over the phone quoting dates and amounts for payslips and was told to bring those in. Finally got the next notice to go and collect the card. Booked an appointment for 9:30 after taking time off work (AGAIN). Waited for half an hour only to be told to please come back at 10:30. Went back at 10:30. At 11:15 I was finally seen, handed over my pay slips and was told these were not considered consecutive since there was a date missing (where I did not make a pay claim & therefore did not receive a payslip due to being overseas on holidays) despite the fact these were the dates and slips I had quoted when applying. Kristy, the obnoxious, unhelpful service staff informed me I needed to bring in a copy of my contract. When I asked her to contact my workplace and have it faxed over while I was already in the bank and had taken time off work, and her reply was to shrug, hand my stuff back and tell me *SHE* had a meeting and I would have to make an appointment for another day.
That will be the fifth time I will have had to stop in to try and sort out a series of mistakes made on their behalf, having taken time off work 3 times to do so - in the mean time having to deal with the unorganized, disinterested, and non-proactive Kristy in the Townsville QLD branch.
I had been considering transferring my largest savings account to WESTPAC before this experience, and I am certain now that I wont. If this is the level of customer service they offer, I will not be trusting them with large sums of money (or small sums) in the future. I'm appalled that any company would think they can offer such poorly trained staff and still expect customers to continue doing business with them.

N  27th of Mar, 2009 by
Maybe u should of been prepared?
D  27th of Mar, 2009 by
My family and I moved to Townsville from South Africa 4 months ago and we were recommended to Kristy by a former colleague of mine.

I can honestly state that I have never found a more helpful and friendly person then Kristy and all the Flinders Mall staff. I have been into the branch numerous times and always make sure that I call ahead as the girls at the branch can get very busy.

I applied for a credit card and also had to wait until I had an extra payslip but I understand this is banking policy and I congratulate Kristy for her ethics in adhering to procedure.

I will continue to bank at Westpac Flinders mall and I will continue to recommend both Kristy and Flinders Mall to my family, friends and colleagues.