West Jet / extra charges for over sizes luggage
On June 15th we boarded a plain to Vancouver BC with firends for our Husbands to go and raise money for the Ride to Concor Cancer. This is a bike ride from Vancouver to Mt Verson first day and Mt Vernon to Seattle WA the next day. In order to ride in this fund raiser our Husbands brought their bikes. On the way out from Toronto to Vancouver my husbands bike box which is an oversize pc of luggage we where billed $79.10 which we expected. Now when we returned from Vancouver on June 22nd for the same oversized bike box with the same contence in it we where now charged $50.00 for oversize, $50.00 for overweight and $20.00 for second bag with a total of $134.40.
What I am compalining about is the inconsistency between these two charges. Whatever the rules are for oversize bags I think WEST JET needs to get it together on what they are going to charge. You shouldn't charge whatever you feel like at the time with customers. I makes the customer feel much like they are being had in their wallets.
Now the flight was anther story. This is a well over a four hour flight and that crew ran up and down giving out drinks two times like they just couldn't get the job done fast enough to sit down again. I have never had a bad experience on West Jet but this tells me that they are slipping with the CUSTOMER SERVICE which makes them no better then any other airline to fly !!!
Nexty time I will just book the cheapest flight.
More West Jet Complaints & Reviews
- West Jet Airlines - bad service 
- WestJet - customer service 
- West Jet Vacations - bait and switch scam 
- WestJet - poor service 
- West Jet - customer service 
- WestJet Airlines - reimbursement for flight price change
- WestJet Airlines - disgusting service, covered my luggage in black mess, 15 minutes to change flights
- WestJet Airlines - flight
- WestJet Airlines - delay flight
- WestJet Airlines - trip problems