West Coast Bank / ach deposit being held by bank

1 Las Vegas, NV, United States Review updated:
Phone: 702-339-0128

See details of email sent to bank below:

Mr. patterson, we will be unable to comply with your request. the funds are being returned to bank of america per their request. thank you, carrie craigcsr supervisorhablo españolcardholder servicesp. o. box 2039vancouver, wa [protected] [protected] faxccraig@rbaintl.comhttp://www.setupmycard.net/ internet mail confidentiality: this e-mail is covered by the electronic communications privacy act, 18 u. s. c.' [protected] and is legally privileged. this information is confidential information and is intended only for the use of the individual or entity named above. if the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. _

From: brian patterson [mailto:b_patterson58@hotmail.com]sent: wed 10/29/2008 12:21 pmto: cardholderservices@rbafs. comsubject: fw: acct # [protected] dear customer service, I am sending you this second request in writing to inform you that I am completely dissatisfied with your service on the above referenced account and now requesting that you close out the above account with a balance of $8, 060.73 and transfer the funds over to my wells fargo account listed below. I have attached for your reference a copy of my first email with a view of the transaction history. I choose to no longer do business with your banking company and would like all funds forwarded to my account listed below asap. I would like to request confirmation of this email at your earliest convenience. thanks! wells fargo bankacct # [protected]name: brian patterson you can call the bank for its routing number at [protected] (customer service) brian pattersonb_patterson58@hotmail.com _

From: b_patterson58@hotmail. comto: cardholderservices@rbafs. comsubject: acct # 0705date: fri, 24 oct 2008 19:53:26 +0000 dear customer service, I am writing you this email to let you know that I am very displeased with how the below ach transfer has been handled by your bank. if there were an investigation to this transaction by b of a, then by all means I am entitled to know why? this transaction was made payable to me the account holder. I am entitled to this money, yet, you insist to place a hold even after the fact that it was made payable to me by alex kovalski with transaction specialist network. below is the transaction that I am making reference too. I spoke to bank of america banking division at [protected] ext 6. they told me that this transaction was sent, and that I need to check with my own bank regarding its details. I spoke to your customer service number several times only to be told that I need to speak to the individual to made the transaction only to be told by him that everything transferred correctly. now not only am I not being provided the funds, I am being run through a vicous circle process and not being told why in writing. I request that someone contact me back my email and let me know the reason why. viewing account history for: name on account brian patterson account last 4 0705 available balance $8, 060.73 as of oct 24, 2008 pending transactions date description withdrawal deposit fee total posted transactions date description withdrawal deposit fee balance 10/23/2008 external account transfer: ach credit - bank of america a2a [protected] $8, 200.00 $8, 060.73 brian pattersonb_patterson58@hotmail.com _ want to read hotmail messages in outlook? the wordsmiths show you how. learn now _ store, manage and share up to 5gb with windows live skydrive. start uploading now no message is selected
Click any message to view it in the reading pane. attachments, pictures, and links from unknown senders are blocked to help protect your privacy and safety.

To show messages automatically when you select a folder, change your reading pane settings
1 message is selected
Mark as safe | mark as unsafe
show cc & bcc from: b_patterson58@hotmail.com to...
To...
cc...
Cc...
bcc...
Bcc...
subject:

Attachments:

Your sent message won't be saved. save sent messages

Total size: 0.0 kb of 10.0 mb
scanning & uploading more information | cancel
message body

attention miss craig,

thank you for your reply. you have given me written confirmation for my request and the ammunition to see that you never do this to anyone else. now I will file a complaint with the "banking regulatory commission" about your banking company and its false practices to which you are not even west coast bank. you are some so called entity of acs, and inform them as to why they need for you to cease to exist.

This information is confidential information and is intended only for the use of the individual or entity named above. if the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. dear customer service,

I am sending you this second request in writing to inform you that I am completely dissatisfied with your service on the above referenced account and now requesting that you close out the above account with a balance of $8, 060.73 and transfer the funds over to my wells fargo account listed below. I have attached for your reference a copy of my first email with a view of the transaction history. I choose to no longer do business with your banking company and would like all funds forwarded to my account listed below asap. I would like to request confirmation of this email at your earliest convenience. name: brian patterson you can call the bank for its routing number at [protected] b_patterson58@hotmail.com from: b_patterson58@hotmail.com
to: cardholderservices@rbafs.com
subject: acct # 0705
date: fri, 24 oct 2008 19:53:26 +0000

dear customer service,

I am writing you this email to let you know that I am very displeased with how the below ach transfer has been handled by your bank. if there were an investigation to this transaction by b of a, then by all means I am entitled to know why? this transaction was made payable to me the account holder. I am entitled to this money, yet, you insist to place a hold even after the fact that it was made payable to me by alex kovalski with transaction specialist network. below is the transaction that I am making reference too. I spoke to bank of america banking division at [protected] ext 6. they told me that this transaction was sent, and that I need to check with my own bank regarding its details. I spoke to your customer service number several times only to be told that I need to speak to the individual to made the transaction only to be told by him that everything transferred correctly. now not only am I not being provided the funds, I am being run through a vicous circle process and not being told why in writing. I request that someone contact me back my email and let me know the reason why. name on account brian patterson
account last 4 0705
available balance $8, 060.73 as of oct 24, 2008 pending transactions

date description withdrawal deposit fee total

posted transactions

date description withdrawal deposit fee balance

brian patterson
b_patterson58@hotmail.com
Loading... to add photos to your message, first click on the folder where they are stored. select the photos you'd like to add, and then click upload now. your photos will be reduced in size so they are at most 600 pixels wide or tall. to send full-size photos, click cancel and use attach files.

More West Coast Bank Complaints & Reviews

Comments

• Un
      20th of Nov, 2008

NEVER BANK WITH WEST COAST BANK. THEY HAVE LITTLE OR NO ETHICS AND WILL PUT YOU THROUGH THE RINGER JUST TO GET THEIR $35 FEE FOR WHATEVER.

IT IS A LOOSING BANK. THEIR CUSTOMER SERVICE IS MINUS 10.
    BANK WITH A COMPANY THAT CARES ABOUT YOU AND YOUR MONEY NOT HOW MUCH MONEY THEY CAN MAKE OFF YOU WITH MADE-UP FEES.

I HAVE PERSONALLY HAD NUMEROUS BUSINESS CHECKS PUT ON 7 DAY HOLD WITHOUT ANY NOTICE. AS IF I WERE THE PROBLEM.

THE REAL PROBLEM IS THAT THE BANK IS BROKE, OVEREXTENDED FROM MAKING BAD LOANS AND USING YOUR MONEY TO FLOAT THE ACCOUNTS THE HAVE TO FUND - TO AVOID BEING IN VIOLATION OF BANKING LAWS. PRETTY SAD FOR THEM.

• Si
      22nd of Nov, 2008

how come I have 16 numbers for my bank account # ? others bank account has 15 #, just checking.

• Ka
      19th of Feb, 2009

Thanks to unfair fees and terrible customer service, my whole family is moving our accounts (in good standing) from WCB to the local credit union where we can invest in ourselves rather than be held over the barrel for WCB's bad investments.

• Wh
      27th of Jun, 2009

i've never had a problem and neither has my father had a problem with WCB. They're a great bank for me and my family. I have two checking accounts, one personal one business, and it's great :D

• Mr
      3rd of Sep, 2009

West Coast Bank Sucks! They are constantly putting holds on deposits into my business account, even though a lot of these holds are on checks that have been written to my accounts several times this year with zero problems. Then when I call them to ask them to follow through with their word (to call after 3 days to see if the checks cleared from the check writers account and release the hold) they get this attitude and tell me that they are busy with other customers and will get around to it. They do this in a nasty tone of voice. One of the bankers told me "I can't just drop what I'm doing" in a really rude way. I'm just asking them to follow through with what they agreed to do and never did. I've disputed charges on one of my accounts only to find they never follow through with the dispute even though I filled out all of the necessary paperwork.

They just recently screwed up and caused all 3 of my bank visa debit cards to be cancelled and now I have to wait for replacement cards. They have lied to me so many times by telling me they'll do one thing and then they always do another instead and don't follow through. Their only interest appears to be to get my money and then keep me from it as much as possible (I can only assume so that they can use it).

This is a terrible bank and I am now looking for a new one, however all banks are pretty sad at this time. I've been screwed over by Wells Fargo, US Bank, WAMU, Chase, Bank of America (B of A was not quite as bad as the rest though), and West Coast Bank.

It appears a credit union is the way to go at this point unless you are rich and powerful so you can actually do something about the bank screwing up.

• Mr
      3rd of Sep, 2009

I also want to add that this is my honest opinion that I am expressing. Why would I give them another chance to screw with my time and money by suing me just for honestly sharing my experience.

• Dy
      26th of Oct, 2009

Funny you should write this, as I've had problems with them recently and the problem is STILL ONGOING. I've blogged about it and, no, this isn't a selfish plug -- people need to know!

• Gi
      18th of Dec, 2009

Since this bank is not near where I live I am fortunate to not have encountered them, but I have encountered Meta Bank where I was very poorly treated. Everything that you describe about your experiences, I could say about my experience with Meta Bank's travel debit card. It is a Visa card that is sold through AAA. Don't buy into this program. You will only be setting yourself up for heartaches sooner or later.

The general public is being taken advantage of by an under regulated banking system, it appears to me. The flim-flam scam artists are having a hay day at the expense of honest and hard working citizens. It is difficult to know where to turn and how to protect ourselves in an economy that is slumped downward.

Please take copies of your stories that you have already shared above at this site, and send them by mail or email to your state legislators, senators and representatives and likewise to your national legislators. Then ask them to work toward putting in place the kind of banking laws that will regulate and protect the general public from these kinds of abuses by any kind of banking institution.

Of course, those same institutions will fight back for free enterprise, but look what they have done with free enterprise so far. They need some kind of an oversight committee to see that they are not scamming the public; there doesn't seem to be any kind of control in place. No one at these kind of banks seems to be honest nor filled with any kind of personal integrity. If we had that, we wouldn't need laws to protect us. The banks that already operate in an honest way will not be affected by laws that expect them to act honestly since they already are doing that.

It is for us, the general public, the average person to speak out on behalf of people just like us so that this kind of behavior does not continue. We just want to be treated fairly, honestly and decently. We want our neighbors to be treated that way too. Had someone spoken up before, perhaps this would not have happened to us.

Please don't stop here. Please send your concerns on to the state and national level and ask for the changes that are most needed. It is for us the people to act to help our neighbors who are just as vulnerable as we are.

giverny

• Ka
      19th of Aug, 2010

Wow multiple people having problems with multiple banks... that doesn't at all sound like multiple people being irresponsible in multiple ways. If you are smart and responsible with you money there is no reason any bank will ever treat you poorly. Grow up babies.