West Airlines Global / Undisclosed hidden costs

Lost Angeles, CA, United States Review updated:

I was supposed to have some kittens delivered from California to Montreal, Canada. First, I was told it would cost US$270. Then, I was told I had to pay US$20 for home delivery. The only acceptable method of payment was a money transfer through Western Union, to the Cameroon. That should have lit a bulb in my head that something was not right, but it didn't. Then I was told that the kittens needed shots in order that their metabolism can function in cold weather and that the weather was too cold, although the weather that day not cold at all. They were given the shots and I was told that they could not fly that day because of the shots, and that they would be delivered the following day at noon. I got a phone call at around 8:00 am and told that I should check my email, because there was a message waiting for a reply. The message said that insurance would have to be paid depending on the breed of the kittens according to EU laws. I don't know what I have to do with EU laws since the kittens were being shipped from the US to Canada. I was told that I have to pay a deposit of US$580, and that US$540 would be refunded upon delivery. At that point, I decided I wasn't going to pay a penny more. The link on the email they sent leads to a site with search results. I tried searching Google and Yahoo, but couldn't find anything about the company, not even a website.

Comments

Ru
  28th of Oct, 2008
I was suppose to be getting a maltese from a lady in New York. I discovered the way that this FAKE company works. 1) An advertisement is placed for a puppy. 2) Once you email back and forth with the person that is acting like they are sending you the puppy, they will tell you that they will send it through a carrier. 3) The person send the pet will say that the carrier will be contacting you the next day in the morning because the pet will be ship the following morning. 4). Once you get the call, that is coming from an african male with an international number, they tell you to check your email so that you can make a payment and recieve the pet. 5). They will send you a cheap wedsite like to their company with your info and departure, and arrival time. They will require a wire transfer so that the pet can be flown. Finally if you do what the ask you have been ripped off. I checked the company and found out that it does not exsist. Furthermore I, and you should either do business with a company that does not expect payments to be done on delivery or accept Visa. At least with visa you have a chance to debate the charges. Never do business with this people. Show them that we Americans will not be vitcims of their 3rd grade scam. We are too smart for them.
Ja
  5th of Nov, 2008
I saw an ad advertising a free chihuahua puppy called Bella there reasons for rehoming as their daughter had died.They said it would be sent by courier from scotland to me and it would cost £120 and i would hear from the company regarding how to pay. West airlines global was the company and they wanted me to pay by money gram but i couldnt find the company west airlines global online and the only contact number they gave was a mobile so i didnt pay and have been very gratefull that i havent as it seems to be a big scam.
Na
  5th of Nov, 2008
I had the same Bella chihuahua scam, where they went into great detail about their daughters death, luckily i didn't fall for it but so many people do.
never send money by money gram or wire, always meet someone before paying for an animal.
these people are still doing the same thing as i have tried to find similar adds and have been successful in doing so, each one ending in me needing to send money to Cameroon.
its ridiculous. the best thing to do is to type their email add into google and see how many different breeds of dog they are advertising on different sites, i found hundreds.
Su
  8th of Nov, 2008
i have just paid £480 for a puppy with this scam from west airlines no puppy arrived have contacted my solicitor to lookk into this
Bo
  24th of Nov, 2008
OK I JUST WAS ASKED TO A WIRE FOR A FREE YORKIE...THIS SUCKS BECAUSE THEY MESSED WITH MY LITTLE GIRLS HEART. SHE THOUGHT SHE WOULD HAVE A PUPPY TO RIDE WITH HER IN HER WHEEL CHAIR. SOMETHING TOLD ME NOT TO SEND THE MONEY...TO TOP IT OFF THE GUY SAID HE WAS A PASTOR TIM KELLY...MAYBE ITS REAL BUT AFTER READING THESE STORIES I AM NOT GOING TO SEND MONEY. THIS TAKES THE CAKE 1. HE SAID HE WAS A PASTOR..2. ASKED FOR ALLTHIS INFO...3...HE WAS DOING WORK IN SEATTLE WASHIONGTON. I CANT EVEN EXPLAIN HOW I FEEL.
Bo
  25th of Nov, 2008
THEY KEEP CALLING ...HOPE THESE PEOPLE GET CAUGHT
Pe
  12th of Dec, 2008
Well, well, well, what a coincidence, dog named Lucy, daughter died aged 7 years, she died 2 weeks ago, dog was a chihuahua puppy was being sold for 155 pounds location Berwick in Scotland, was going to be delivered 11 dec 2008 after sending wiregram to usa, for 100 pounds remainder to be payed on delivery of puppy supposedly 4 hours later via westairlines global, needless to say received phone call from airlines, an African male on an international number(only discovered this after alarm bells starting ringing), stating puppy required another 220 pounds(110 pounds for pet insurance and the other 110 pounds for a special crate to be allocated, due to atmospheric conditions the puppy could not fly, 4/5 of this would be refunded on delivery of puppy, also got a begging email from supposed sender a Julie Larex that she could not afford any money to give to airlines as she did not get paid until 24 Dec 2008, and that the puppy was stuck at the scotish borders and could not fly any further, the funny thing was I was only 2.5 hours away from the sender( only just found out the supposed address of sender) so why fly the puppy from scotland to england. After reading the above comments I am glad that I paid only the 100 pounds, how sick can some people be, the police have been informed, so we will just have to wait and see if there are any developments, lesson learnt, if you cannot see it don't buy it, seeing is believing Iam sorry to say. Beware would be scammers your day will come, vengence is a platter served cold.
Am
  29th of Dec, 2008
I was supposed to recieve a female chihuahua puppy called Lucy today, but after more research found this site and realised it was a total SCAM!! it was supposed to be a puppy for me to train as i am 14 and interested in dogs. They gave me the same sob story about their daughter dying in a car accident and we returned email back and forth since the 25th and i have just realised today as she was due to be sent. I got a phone call from an african male about money transfers through moneygram. the woman who i was supposed to be buying her from had an email- her email was steeleamy@hotmail.co.uk and was from berwick in scotland, and they totally messed with me and my family, i was looking forward to recieving her but it just shows how totally horrible people can be to get money from people, its disgraceful! be aware when looking for animals and always meet and speak to the people your buying from. I actually can't believe someone would say their daughter is DEAD! they said they were church people for gods sake. DON'T FALL FOR IT!!
Ca
  4th of Feb, 2009
I found an ad to adopt 2 yorkie puppies, Lilli and Milo. The guy said he was a pastor from Seattle. He said he had to give them away because the weather was to hot and he was busy with the church and didnt have time to care for them. He told me I would only have to pay for the shipping of 2 puppies. When the guy called me about the shipping he wanted a wire transfer he didnt want me to pay by credit card. Something just seemed off to me. Im glad I didnt give them the $277 they wanted. But its sad how they try and scam you out of your money, doesnt anyone have a heart these days!
Dy
  13th of Feb, 2009
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
Ya I got the same thing except mine was an english bulldog puppy named lula, the ladies daughter died in a car accident two weeks ago and she told me she was only 7 years old and her job wouldnt let her take care of lula. Then I got a call from an african male asking me to wire money to cameroon. And that's when I started thinking something was going on. And after reading all these boy was I right
Jb
  2nd of Mar, 2009
I almost got roped into this same rip-off that you all are talking about. Last night I emailed a woman who said she had a 14 wk. old maltese puppy that I could have for the shipping costs. As I emailed back and forth and slept on it overnight I became more and more skeptical. The email from the westairlines came and wanted the money as mentioned above. Last night I googled in Maryland for a seven year old who had died in a car accident to check of the validity of the story. I found yes there was such an accident but the little girl was not walking home from piano lessons...rather in car with mom and sister and all were hurt. How can these people sleep at night? Anything that is too good to be true usually is! DON'T FALL FOR THIS SCAM!!!
Ka
  12th of Mar, 2009
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
They just did it told me the same to me they pulled the same thing about the english bulldog name lula. The girl told me about her daughter dieing and everything. It was a pretty sorry thing of them to do. My dog was suppost the be here at 12:45 last night finally about 2hrs later I looked them up and found this. I was so upset it was a bithday present and now everythings messed up. Also didnt really have the money I had to borrow the money just to do it to begin with.
Mo
  31st of Mar, 2009
I just now got another email from the "cameroon police" and it looks so so fake. I don't know why they are still trying to mess with me.
They are sick sick people.