Weseloh Chevrolet / Service department scam

1 33633 Camino CapistranoDana Point, CA, United States Review updated:
Phone: 949.429.0747

On 5/18 the glass on the driver side mirror on my 2007 Chevy Tahoe was broken. I called the Weseloh and asked how much to repair the glass. Eugene in the service dept looked up my VIN number and told me the part would be $90.00 and the labor $48.00. I brought the car in on the 19th. That is where i ran into Gilbert. Without even looking up the part, he told me that the part alone would be $450.00. I told him that was absurd he said the price was high because of the turn signal on the mirror. I then told him that Eugene had quoted me $90 for the mirror. He said OK and took the car in. Several hours later I got a call from Gilbert where he said he would have to replace the entire mirror the cost would be $450.00. I told him I just needed the glass nothing else. He said he would get me a price on the glass and call me back. I received a call back the next morning at 9:30 am and Gilbert told me that he would not replace the glass, he would only replace the entire mirror however i could buy the glass from the parts department for $250.00 I became suspicious of this obvious fraud. I went back to my paperwork from a visit earlier this year and discovered that they had replaced my catalytic converter without notifying me. I came in to have my oil changed, and they replaced my catalytic converter, and ripped off Chevy Corporate for the cost! Any company that would rip off the hand that feeds them will certainly RIP YOU OFF. I have since ordered the part brand new on ebay - I paid a mere $99.00 HILARIOUS!

BEWARE OF WESELOH AND SONS CHEVROLET - DO NOT ENGAGE BUSINESS WITH THEM, THEY WILL RIP YOU OFF!

Comments

• Gr
      31st of Oct, 2008

I have a Chevy that I bring to Weseloh & Sons for service & have had nothing but excelent service from them. The staff has always treated me in a fair & proffesional manner. They even wash my car when I bring it in.