Werner Enterprises / Stayed out 8 weeks

First of all my training lasted 17 weeks and had 4 different trainers due to loa and disgruntled employees but cant say enough about my final trainer he was awsome! Anyway i was canned (blessing in disguise) for driving my truck home after 8 weeks out straihght without any reset of hours that means i had worked 56 days without a day off! And my fm had known about my home time since may 18 that i was going home. I had told my FM that i needed to be home on thurs AM so what happens? My know it all (einstein) FM tells me im not going home! These guys (FMs) get to go home every day to see their families and can care a less about the drivers! I have a 3 yr old boy who always asks his mom where his dad is! Get a clue all of you FMs we have a life too!

Ji

Comments

• Af
      25th of Aug, 2008

I have been at Werner 4.5 years. Used to be on dedicated accts till recently, my FM @ AB-Cols dedicated fleet kept running me illegal runs, gave me loads that picked up at 22:00 in Columbus OH while I was stuck in Kalamazoo MI 5.5 hrs away, didnt take me off the load after I repeatedly sent messages on the qualcomm stating I couldnt deliver ontime, then told me that I was running all late loads and my production was low, then told me he was gonna charge me 160 miles out of route since I went home without his expressed directions, so he was gonna write me up for failure to follow directions, and throw me off the acct. And AB-sleeper fleet went home every weekend. Plus I had authorisaton from weekend dispatch supervisor to go home.

Tried to fight for my rights and tried to work up the ladder to talk to his supervisor, but was told its best I leave the acct. And I needed to go home every weekend. Recently got married and my wife would like to see me once a week at least. So now am OTR. They supposedly didnt hve any dedicated accts open for a MI driver.

My 1st OTR FM was great! He was running me ragged, I made better money per week on OTR than I did on the AB-dedicated fleet which was more cents a mile, then he quit to go to midwest regional. Now I have a new FM who dont run me. I did a 784 mile run in 3 days and my next load picks up tomorrow nght, so I sit again. To top it off I requested over 2 weeks ago hometime i Massachusetts for the 28th of this month, and I am sitting in Albuquerque NM with a load going to Woodridge IL that delivers 8/29/08 at 1500. Aprox 1200 miles from Massachusetts.

I would really like to know who I can talk to in Werner. Their website has no complaint board, C.L Werner is un-reachable, and I am getting screwed on my paycheck as well as hometime. I really am very frustrated with this company, because 2day's Werner Enterprises aint the one I joined in 2003/04. Those days they took care of their drivers. Today they dont seem to give a crap about us. "WE CARE WERNER CARES"

16th of May, 2009

Thank you I was going to drive for them, but not any more, thank you again

• Al
      20th of Aug, 2018
    Werner - fiberglass ladder
    Las Cruces
    New Mexico

fiberglass flakes off imbedding splinters into skin. Every time I pick up ladder fiberglass splinters into skin. Ladder is unusable. Hinges get stuck. Fiberglass gets into all parts of your body the touch ladder.