Wentworth Direct FinanceBrokers Fee

S Review updated:

Me and my partner applied for a loanwith Wentworth about 8 months ago, as they were offering good rates. They requested that we send them £50 each as brokers fees ( we were applying for a loan each). We filledin our application forms and sent them back along with our bank details ( so they could take the £50 out). 2 months on and we had no responce, so i phoned up and was told to phone head office. I did so and was told our details would be passed to another list of companies. 2 months after that and still no response. So i posted a letter to them requesting our money back. A week later i we both got seperate letters from Wentworth, but they both had applications for a new loan. We sent them back along with another letter stating that we wanted out money back and not another attempt at a loan (this was sent recorded delivery and confirmed that it was delivered). That was over a month ago and still no reply.
Please help as me and my partner are both on a low wage and we are expecting our first child, so cant really afford to lose this money

Jul 21, 2009

Wentworth direct should be closed down. How can they keep on stealing peoples hard earned cash to line there own pockets. They promise the world and give you nothing. The directors and staff of this company should be charged with theft. They blataintly lie to people and this should not be allowed to continue.

Darren Hitchen

Jul 23, 2009

i totally agree, i was told i had to wait 6 months before i could have a refund, but i have a trick up my sleave, i work for a national newspaper and if i dont get a response within the next week there will be a nice few coloumns in the paper exploiting these fraudsters.

• P
      Aug 25, 2009

does anyone have an email address for wentworth direct finance, i too have paid the £55 fee and no response

Sep 21, 2009

i to have sent them a reduced fee of £45.00 and cannot get through to them and not recieved any paperwork and have noew realised they are ripping people of big time i am fuming they are fraudsters and should be exploited

Nov 15, 2009

i sent them the brokers fee ages ago then decided not to go through withthe loan and sent a letter i didnt hear anything then i rang them and was told they would get back to me and im still waiting. this was months ago how can they just keep money that doesnt belong to them

Dec 24, 2009

hi all i fell for there scamm too im afraid with wentworth back in september, but luckily enough i contacted the financial ombudsman & told them saying i wrote in and phoned on numerous ocasions asking for my brokers loan fee returned of £58 so they contacted them and fancy that i get a call from wentworth saying that they were refunding me my £58 plus £20 for the phone calls and that...so i hope that helps they're number is [protected]...hope many of you get your money back

• T
      Feb 04, 2010

ASKED FOR £59 POUNDS UP FRONT FOR BROKERS FEE RETURNED IF NO LOAN FOUND CANOT GET IN TOUCH WITH THEM I HAVE SENT LETTER 23 JAN 2010 I HAVE TRYED RINGING ONLY TO TELL YOU HAVE A APPROX 20 MINS WAITING TIME WHEN YOU DO GET ANSWERD THE PHONE CUTS OFF SO YOU HAVE A BILL FOR 20 MINS BUT NO CONTACT I AM NOT THE ONLY ONE WHO HAS SUFFERD AT THE HANDS OF WENTWORTH DIRECT FINANCE PLEASE CAN YOU DO SOMTHING ABOUT IT BEFORE THEY MAKE EVEN MORE MONEY OUT OF PEOPLE WITH BAD CREDIT RATINGS WHO JUST NEED A BIT OF HELP

Feb 04, 2010

i am the same story. shall we report to BBC watch dog ?

Feb 17, 2010

I am currently putting together a dossier on this company for possible publication.

If anyone has had dealings with this company, PLEASE contact me. The more information i can put together, the better.

This company CANNOT be allowed to continue doing this.

My email address is [protected]@yahoo.com. I will reply as quickly as possible.

F

Feb 20, 2010

Hi Sian500
    Just to let you and others know i have sent you an email as i have just been conned these last few days myself
    Like you say they CANNOT continue to get away with things

Mar 10, 2010

Me applied for a loanwith Wentworth about 4 months ago, as they were offering good rates. They requested that we send them £59 each as brokers fees .. I filledin our application forms and sent them back along with our bank details ( so they could take the £59 out). 2 months on and we had no responce, so i phoned up and was told to phone head office. I did so and was told our details would be passed to another list of companies. 2 months after that and still no response. So i posted a letter to them requesting our money back. A week later i we both got seperate letters from Wentworth, but they both had applications for a new loan. We sent them back along with another letter stating that we wanted out money back and not another attempt at a loan (this was sent recorded delivery and confirmed that it was delivered). That was over a month ago and still no reply.
    Please help me, so cant really afford to lose this money

Apr 09, 2010

this company scams people big time will not refund any money and our outright liars steer clear

May 26, 2010

Unfortunatly I have already got into thier trap :(

Dawn

• O
      Jun 23, 2010

anyone want to let Anthony grant Clayton the owner of Wentworth what you think here is his email address

I personally can't see how this company still exists and this Anthony grant Clayton needs to be jailed along with all his staff.

tony.[protected]@ukonline.co.uk

•   Jun 25, 2010

can you email me - im Greg from BBC Radio 1 Newsbeat - im looking into Wentworth, would be great to talk with you about what's happend.

my email is: greg.[protected]@bbc.co.uk

•   Jun 25, 2010

Dawn Im Greg from BBC Radio 1 Newsbeat. Im looking into Wentworth - would be great to touch base about what happend to you.

Can you email me - so as we can talk for an item im working on.

My contact is: greg.[protected]@bbc.co.uk

Greg

Jul 01, 2010

i have got into their trap aswell, i have written them two letters and tried several times nothing has happened, this company need to be taken to court for their action and how they treat people, they have several different numbers to contact them aswell and they never answer, they are evil, something needs to be done very quickly, or more and more people by the day will be getting thrown into this trap.

alana

Jul 01, 2010

Oh Alana I feel for you I really do what a load of cowboys they are, I have still had no refund I may as well kiss goodbye to mine, I have looked further into them now I wish I had done that in the first place then I would not be having all this grief, good luck for getting back your fee :(

Jul 06, 2010

I am having the same problem :( I was thinking of applying for a loan at 23 my credit rating isn't great as my bank gave me a credit card at the age of 18 never a great idea!! I found this website and thought i would give it a go as it said on the page "NO OBLIGATION APPLICATION" so i filled in the app. About 3 days later i received a call to say they had found me a loan but i had changed my mind and decided against the loan. Thinking nothing of it i carried on as usual. I then received my payslip on the 25th and noticed that £59 had been debited from my account already it was 9am and i had only been paid that day. I had not spent a penny. I rang my bank who told me i would have to wait to see where the money was going to - as the money hadn't left my account they didn't know where it was going to. Well 3days later it came up wentworth direct on my bank statment.
    Note that i did not accept the loan - didn't ask for any details of the loan and when i spoke to them on the phone they never told me about the money being taken nor did they ask my permission to take it.
    I have sent a letter to head office as it says you must apply for a refund via mail - what gallsme is that i shouldn't have to be requesting a refund they should never have taken my money in the first place!! I then came across "tony Clayton" e-mail. address well i have just sent him an e-mail and it has been returned as the box is full, so my suggestion is not to e-mail as he clearly doesn't bother to check them i would call them i found a phone number: [protected] - i haven't tried it yet but i will be today so i will update you on what happens.
    I am so annoyed and upset because now they have taken the money which was going to pay for my grandads funeral flowers which is this Thursday and i knwo i'm not going to get it back quick enough, and because i have already orderd the flowers the florist is furious...they have ruined everything :(

here is a copy of the letter i have sent them:

I am writing this letter to convey to you how furious I am with your so called “no obligation company”.
    I recently viewed your website as I was possibly looking into a loan. It was never definite I just wanted to see if I could be approved. I was happy to use your website as on the main page it says:

“Typical 15.2% APR. You are under no obligation by completing the application form All applicants must be working either employed or self employed. We are licensed credit brokers. All loans subject to final verification. Consumer Credit Licence No: 469755

(THE EXACT WORDS OF YOUR WEBSITE)

All I did was fill in your application form thinking I was secure in the fact that it was a no obligation application...Well wasn’t I wrong.
    I received a phone call from your company regarding a loan which I informed them I no longer required. Notice that I didn’t even ask for details of the loan or which company I would be getting it from I simply informed them that it was no longer required. So with this in mind could you please explain to me why my account has been debited £59 by your company without my authorisation?!?!?!?!?!!?!?!?
    Clearly as I was thinking of applying for a loan I am not made of money and I do not have a tree in my back garden which grows it, so what makes you think I would pay you £59 to find me a loan???
    I am absolutely LIVID as I have a direct debit which has now bounced because you took my money and I am now being charged by the bank daily as it will continue to try and take the direct debit until sufficient funds are in place!!
    I expect a full refund, and any charges I incur by the end of this month and if I have not received a response from you within 1 week I will be taking this up with trading standards and reporting you to the internet providers, who are allowing you to advertise lies and scam people out of their hard earned money.
    You know very well that i turned down the loan, i never even asked to be put through to the company you had found!! I said i was no longer interested and asked to be removed from your mailing list which funnily enough you haven't managed to do either. So why did you take the money?????? I have found a website that say's i have to wait 6months before i get my refund...If i have to wait more than 1 month i will be reporting you to the police for stealing. you took that moeny without my authorisation knowing that i hadn't accepted the loan. I have been in touch with my bank also so you can expect a phonecall or letter from them too.
    I HAVE SEEN PLENTY OF REVIEW SITES AND THOUSANDS OF COMPLAINT ABOUT YOUR SITE, TAKING MONEY FROM PEOPLE EVEN THOUGH THEY NEVER AGREED TO ACCEPT THE LOAN, SO FUNNILY ENOUGH IM NOT THE ONLY ONE YOU HAVE MANAGED TO SCAM AND PISS OFF ON THIS PLANET,
    IF THIS DOES NOT GET SORTED WITHIN THE NEXT 20 DAYS I WILL BE REPORTING YOU TO TRADING STANDARDS, I WILL SET UP A WEBSITE WARNING PEOPLE OF YOUR LITTLE SCAM, I WILL MAKE IT PUBLICALLY KNOWN WHAT YOU ARE DOING TO PEOPLE I HAVE A LETTER AND ALL THE E-MAILS I HAVE RECEIVED FROM YOU DRAFTED AND READY TO SEND TO EVERY LOCAL AND NATIONAL PAPER, AND DON'T BE TOO SUPRISED IF YOU SEE YOURSELF ON WATCHDOG IN THE NEXT COUPLE OF MONTHS.
    I WANT THIS SORTED NOW, I PROMISE YOU I AM BETTER AT KEEPING MY WORD THAN YOUR STUPID COMPANY AND I MEAN EVERY SINGLE WORD OF IT.

I WANT A RESPONSE FROM A SENIOR MANAGER BY 5PM TODAY .

If anyone has managed to actually get their moeny back or manage to actually speak to someone from the company please help me!!
    Also isn't there someone we can complain to about this website it's obviously scamming a lot of people and i cannot believe the internet providers are allowing, false advertising and liars to use their service???

JB

• C
      Sep 10, 2010

Hi, Just another happy so called customer of this rip-off company. I too sent an up front fee and was told by a member of this company that it would not be taken until a loan was sorted out and also it is illegal for them to take the up front fee until they have got me a loan. WRONG. These low life swindeling [censor]s took my money and then done nothing. Ten days after my application i tried calling the company after 24 minutes i could not get through so i called again later and listened to a voice counting down to me speaking to someone again after 52 minutes and getting dowm to number one in the queue i was cut off at their end. I have tried to find an e-mail address with no luck. Just how much longer and how many more people do these bunch of tosser, s have to rip-off before the so called laws of our great nation DO SOMETHING. I suppose i have lost my money like a great many of you but god help all future people who ring me offering help to ease my financial burden. I know its probably not going to be their fault but they will be under no illusion as to how i feel about the many low life b..tards there are and F..K OFF is understood in most places and by most people

Sep 13, 2010

Hi there . i am agree with all of you .i did apply a loan with wenthworth direct and they charge me the fee £59.00.For some reason i did cancel my loan application the number of their Department is really costing they put you on hold like 1 hour and number start from 844.we u speak with them they you have to write us through post i did so all that .now they send me letter and asking the proof before they refund my money .That company is BiG Fraude please be aware of Them.if someone can do about them or write against them in newpaper please do so .they ripping off they earn money from adin fee and as well from fone calls Thanks

Shaz

• G
      Oct 12, 2010

I have sent a number of letters and e-mails to them as i can never get through to them by phone. They took £59.00 as a "brokers fee". I applied for it on a Tuesday and received a call from them regarding the application. I was unsure about it so i asked for them to give me a call on the Friday but the guy insisted in taking my card details but would not take any money. I had looked at my bank statments the follwing Monday and noticed that they had taken the payment. I have been trying to get hold of them for almost a month but have had no luck.

Nov 07, 2010

hi all, i agree to, I also applied for a loan but did not sign the agreement form and they took £59.00 from my bank account with out my consent.
    Has any of you got your money back?

wendy

• T
      Nov 18, 2010

I applied for a loan with wentworth direct and told them not to take the fee out of the bank as i didnt have the money in there at the time, so what did they do? took the money out, so I incurred bank charges and never got the loan or even asked about one! i sent an email saying that I wanted by money back, not just once but at least four times and they have never even bothered to ring or contact me...like every one else if i had money in the first place i would not feel the need to ask for a loan and am disgusted that I wasnt even left with enough money to feed my kids!
    totally disgusted and they should have been shut down a long time ago

Nov 21, 2010

They are scammers and its a wonder how they are still getting away with this.It wont be for much longer though.I've set this up :

Wentworth Direct Finance are a total fraudulent scam
    see this : http://wentworthdirectfinance.webs.com/

Nov 21, 2010

copy and paste this into your browser

Nov 21, 2010

There's a nice pre-xmas visit arranged to the known addresses of these scammers.Lets see how clever they are face to face eyeball to eyeball with angry people

Dec 01, 2010

Hey Lloyd, you are such a fool and deserve to get scammed. Come and take a drink with me a proper crimbo, a proper crimbo, i'll take you for a drink with me. a proper crimbo, a proper crimbo.

Hahahah you sad fool, dedicating your time to set up your silly little website.

Dec 08, 2010

Well, as far as i'm concerned, I applied for a loan forom a different loan provider, and what my surprise to see Wenthworth F... direct Finance took £ 59 without asking me or notify me whatsoever!!!. I need help to get my money back as Christmas will be here shortly and would like to buy something for my childrens.
    Those peoples don't have any kind of morale and should be sue by the police.

• J
      Dec 14, 2010

wentworth took my money saying they had a loan for me they said it would be ilegal for them to take my money if they had not got a loan in place for me what a lie i rang them and a man called micheal smith if that is really his name would not answer any of my questions he just hung up on me something should be done about them

• F
      Jan 05, 2011

I to have been conned by wentworth direct finance.
    my daughter asked them for a loan of £3000 and was told yes
    and the repayments would be £49 p.m.
    She asked me if i could pay the £59 fee which she would repay
    when she got the loan, i agreed and phoned them to pay by visa.
    I should have smelled a rat when the girl asked how much i had
    in my account, i told her it was none of her business and paid the
    £59. Two weeks later my daughter received the paperwork for
    the loan but the repayments had gone up to over £100 p.m.
    as there was no way she could afford this she rang and told them.
    after 3 letters and £9 in phone calls i am still awaiting a refund.
    trading standards are now dealing with this.

• J
      Apr 04, 2011

HI WENTWORTH DIRECT FINANCE TOOK MY MONEY FROM MY BANK ACCOUNT BEFORE THEY TOLD ME JUST FOR ACCOUNT VARIFICATION FOR APPLY TO LOAN THEN SAME TIME THEY TOOK MONEY PLEASE RETURN ME AS SOON AS POSSIBLE FROM MY BANK ACCOUNT HALIFAX 22/MARCH/2011 [protected] £69 MY NAME IS JAYA ACHARYA IF I CANT GET IT BACK MY MONEY I WILL FOLLOW THE PROCESS SOON

Apr 11, 2011

all that ive read about has happened to me..i applied.was told they had a loan for me.took 2(!!) fees out of my bank account, so i called them up.was told i need to speak to head office, i did, but for which i queued up for an hour, costing me quite a bit.i was then told they would refund me the overpayment.They did this, but on request of the other fee being refunded due to not having a loan as promised by them, ive been told they have 6 months to find a loan for me.they havent so i shall be requesting a refund.
    these people should be bought to justice for the obvious ripping off of people who are not in a position to lose money.Its disgraceful that nothing is being done about it.
    I shall be getting in touch with the financial ombudsman.

Apr 11, 2011

p.s...its my understanding that Yes loans is connected to Wentworth Direct, as is Ralph Marlon..Avoid at all costs..you only have to google these and see the amount of complaints about being ripped off!!...Please God, let ther come a day when these people are made to compensate all the vunerable people they have ripped off!!!

Apr 16, 2011

I HAVE WROTE TO USE REGARDING MY BROKERS FEE REFUND, I STILL HAVEN'T HEARD ANYTHING BACK & I HAVEN'T RECEIVED ANY LOANS & DO NOT WISH TO PURCHASE ANY ALL I AM ASKING IS FOR USE TO RETURN WHAT I AM OWED WHICH IS £59.00 BROKERS FEE & IF I STILL DON'T HEAR FROM USE THIS TIME I SHALL BE TAKING IT FURTHER TO THE RIGHT AUTHORITY'S & WILL DEFINITELY BE TAKING FURTHER ACTION IF I DONT RECEIVE MY REFUND .
    MY REGARDS MR KEVIN DUFF .
    [protected]@yahoo.co.uk
    [protected]

May 14, 2011

I too am having a similar problem, I spoke to their rep beginning of april, he mentions the brokers fee of £69 to which i agreed. I asked how long the process took and he said that as soon as they receive the fee the process would begin. As i didnt have the amount until pay day, i cancelled the application and was advised that no money would leave my account. On 1st May, £69 was take from my account by them... i have tried to call every day for 2 weeks and no one answers... i am now in the process of writing to them!

May 25, 2011

I applied for a loan on line through Wentworth Direct Finance, i recieved a calstating i had got the loan and the paperwork would be sent out to me. I asked about upfront fees and was told i should read the paperwork that i recieve first, then to sign it and send off fee if i wanted to go ahead. I recieved the documents on 19/5/11 and have not filled them in as i have changed my mind after doing some research. I went to the bank to withdraw some money only to discover my account was empty, investigating further it appeared that WDF had actually taken a payment from my account. I have not completed foms nor sent them off . I was told that my card details were taken to check my bank account was in the uk and open, being naieve i neveer realised they could take a payment from my account untill i had signed the form, i have sent a letter to them asking for a full refund. Im aware that this happens to hundreds of people and its a scam, i just want my money back and never to have dealings with these companies again.

May 27, 2011

I also went to Wentworth and they said i was approved and that you could have a Loan that you require from 3-5 working days, and another employee said that I will have to wait 5-10 working days and they said it was Guaranteed. I required this Loan to take my Disabled Wife away for the First time in 20 years on Holiday, but know i cannot do that thanks very much to Wentworth for the Lies and taking my Money. Something should be done about Company's like this

• N
      Nov 03, 2011

Also possibly linked to a company called freedom finance direct, just to warn you all, as when I called back on the number that originally called me to tell me the loan was approved that was who they answered as. And a big yes to the links with 'Ralph Marlon Ltd' which just to make things worse is another broker trading on their behalf trying to also get a fee out of you. Very angry, told have to write to them via the post or contact head office by post etc, not the sales team... and could take months (read will never happen), by law under the FSA any money inappropriately taken legally has to be refunded much sooner. there are thousands of people online who have been scammed by them... I know after many hours research, we should take a class action against them and really hit them where it hurts, not just by shutting down this company and them then opening another under a different trading name, get the company directors banned from ever running a company again. Let's stop these scamsters taking advantage of vulnerable people.