Wentworth Direct Finance / Brokers Fee

1 FREEPOST SEA9712, Gravesend, Kent, DA13 0BR, UK.United Kingdom Review updated:

Me and my partner applied for a loanwith Wentworth about 8 months ago, as they were offering good rates. They requested that we send them £50 each as brokers fees ( we were applying for a loan each). We filledin our application forms and sent them back along with our bank details ( so they could take the £50 out). 2 months on and we had no responce, so i phoned up and was told to phone head office. I did so and was told our details would be passed to another list of companies. 2 months after that and still no response. So i posted a letter to them requesting our money back. A week later i we both got seperate letters from Wentworth, but they both had applications for a new loan. We sent them back along with another letter stating that we wanted out money back and not another attempt at a loan (this was sent recorded delivery and confirmed that it was delivered). That was over a month ago and still no reply.
Please help as me and my partner are both on a low wage and we are expecting our first child, so cant really afford to lose this money

Sk

Comments

• We
      21st of Jul, 2009

Wentworth direct should be closed down. How can they keep on stealing peoples hard earned cash to line there own pockets. They promise the world and give you nothing. The directors and staff of this company should be charged with theft. They blataintly lie to people and this should not be allowed to continue.

Darren Hitchen

23rd of Jul, 2009

i totally agree, i was told i had to wait 6 months before i could have a refund, but i have a trick up my sleave, i work for a national newspaper and if i dont get a response within the next week there will be a nice few coloumns in the paper exploiting these fraudsters.

• Pa
      25th of Aug, 2009

does anyone have an email address for wentworth direct finance, i too have paid the £55 fee and no response

21st of Sep, 2009

i to have sent them a reduced fee of £45.00 and cannot get through to them and not recieved any paperwork and have noew realised they are ripping people of big time i am fuming they are fraudsters and should be exploited

• Kk
      15th of Nov, 2009

i sent them the brokers fee ages ago then decided not to go through withthe loan and sent a letter i didnt hear anything then i rang them and was told they would get back to me and im still waiting. this was months ago how can they just keep money that doesnt belong to them

• My
      24th of Dec, 2009

hi all i fell for there scamm too im afraid with wentworth back in september, but luckily enough i contacted the financial ombudsman & told them saying i wrote in and phoned on numerous ocasions asking for my brokers loan fee returned of £58 so they contacted them and fancy that i get a call from wentworth saying that they were refunding me my £58 plus £20 for the phone calls and that...so i hope that helps they're number is 03001239123...hope many of you get your money back

• Tc
      4th of Feb, 2010

ASKED FOR £59 POUNDS UP FRONT FOR BROKERS FEE RETURNED IF NO LOAN FOUND CANOT GET IN TOUCH WITH THEM I HAVE SENT LETTER 23 JAN 2010 I HAVE TRYED RINGING ONLY TO TELL YOU HAVE A APPROX 20 MINS WAITING TIME WHEN YOU DO GET ANSWERD THE PHONE CUTS OFF SO YOU HAVE A BILL FOR 20 MINS BUT NO CONTACT I AM NOT THE ONLY ONE WHO HAS SUFFERD AT THE HANDS OF WENTWORTH DIRECT FINANCE PLEASE CAN YOU DO SOMTHING ABOUT IT BEFORE THEY MAKE EVEN MORE MONEY OUT OF PEOPLE WITH BAD CREDIT RATINGS WHO JUST NEED A BIT OF HELP

• Ke
      4th of Feb, 2010

i am the same story. shall we report to BBC watch dog ?

• Si
      17th of Feb, 2010

I am currently putting together a dossier on this company for possible publication.

If anyone has had dealings with this company, PLEASE contact me. The more information i can put together, the better.

This company CANNOT be allowed to continue doing this.

My email address is fskw500@yahoo.com. I will reply as quickly as possible.

F

20th of Feb, 2010

Hi Sian500
    Just to let you and others know i have sent you an email as i have just been conned these last few days myself
    Like you say they CANNOT continue to get away with things

• Li
      10th of Mar, 2010

Me applied for a loanwith Wentworth about 4 months ago, as they were offering good rates. They requested that we send them £59 each as brokers fees .. I filledin our application forms and sent them back along with our bank details ( so they could take the £59 out). 2 months on and we had no responce, so i phoned up and was told to phone head office. I did so and was told our details would be passed to another list of companies. 2 months after that and still no response. So i posted a letter to them requesting our money back. A week later i we both got seperate letters from Wentworth, but they both had applications for a new loan. We sent them back along with another letter stating that we wanted out money back and not another attempt at a loan (this was sent recorded delivery and confirmed that it was delivered). That was over a month ago and still no reply.
    Please help me, so cant really afford to lose this money

9th of Apr, 2010

this company scams people big time will not refund any money and our outright liars steer clear

26th of May, 2010

Unfortunatly I have already got into thier trap :(

Dawn

• Op
      23rd of Jun, 2010

anyone want to let Anthony grant Clayton the owner of Wentworth what you think here is his email address

I personally can't see how this company still exists and this Anthony grant Clayton needs to be jailed along with all his staff.

tony.clayton@ukonline.co.uk

• Gr
      25th of Jun, 2010

can you email me - im Greg from BBC Radio 1 Newsbeat - im looking into Wentworth, would be great to talk with you about what's happend.

my email is: greg.mckenzie@bbc.co.uk

• Gr
      25th of Jun, 2010

Dawn Im Greg from BBC Radio 1 Newsbeat. Im looking into Wentworth - would be great to touch base about what happend to you.

Can you email me - so as we can talk for an item im working on.

My contact is: greg.mckenzie@bbc.co.uk

Greg

• Al
      1st of Jul, 2010

i have got into their trap aswell, i have written them two letters and tried several times nothing has happened, this company need to be taken to court for their action and how they treat people, they have several different numbers to contact them aswell and they never answer, they are evil, something needs to be done very quickly, or more and more people by the day will be getting thrown into this trap.

alana

1st of Jul, 2010

Oh Alana I feel for you I really do what a load of cowboys they are, I have still had no refund I may as well kiss goodbye to mine, I have looked further into them now I wish I had done that in the first place then I would not be having all this grief, good luck for getting back your fee :(

• Si
      6th of Jul, 2010

I am having the same problem :( I was thinking of applying for a loan at 23 my credit rating isn't great as my bank gave me a credit card at the age of 18 never a great idea!! I found this website and thought i would give it a go as it said on the page "NO OBLIGATION APPLICATION" so i filled in the app. About 3 days later i received a call to say they had found me a loan but i had changed my mind and decided against the loan. Thinking nothing of it i carried on as usual. I then received my payslip on the 25th and noticed that £59 had been debited from my account already it was 9am and i had only been paid that day. I had not spent a penny. I rang my bank who told me i would have to wait to see where the money was going to - as the money hadn't left my account they didn't know where it was going to. Well 3days later it came up wentworth direct on my bank statment.
    Note that i did not accept the loan - didn't ask for any details of the loan and when i spoke to them on the phone they never told me about the money being taken nor did they ask my permission to take it.
    I have sent a letter to head office as it says you must apply for a refund via mail - what gallsme is that i shouldn't have to be requesting a refund they should never have taken my money in the first place!! I then came across "tony Clayton" e-mail. address well i have just sent him an e-mail and it has been returned as the box is full, so my suggestion is not to e-mail as he clearly doesn't bother to check them i would call them i found a phone number: 01474 815 477 - i haven't tried it yet but i will be today so i will update you on what happens.
    I am so annoyed and upset because now they have taken the money which was going to pay for my grandads funeral flowers which is this Thursday and i knwo i'm not going to get it back quick enough, and because i have already orderd the flowers the florist is furious...they have ruined everything :(

here is a copy of the letter i have sent them:

I am writing this letter to convey to you how furious I am with your so called “no obligation company”.
    I recently viewed your website as I was possibly looking into a loan. It was never definite I just wanted to see if I could be approved. I was happy to use your website as on the main page it says:

“Typical 15.2% APR. You are under no obligation by completing the application form All applicants must be working either employed or self employed. We are licensed credit brokers. All loans subject to final verification. Consumer Credit Licence No: 469755

(THE EXACT WORDS OF YOUR WEBSITE)

All I did was fill in your application form thinking I was secure in the fact that it was a no obligation application...Well wasn’t I wrong.
    I received a phone call from your company regarding a loan which I informed them I no longer required. Notice that I didn’t even ask for details of the loan or which company I would be getting it from I simply informed them that it was no longer required. So with this in mind could you please explain to me why my account has been debited £59 by your company without my authorisation?!?!?!?!?!!?!?!?
    Clearly as I was thinking of applying for a loan I am not made of money and I do not have a tree in my back garden which grows it, so what makes you think I would pay you £59 to find me a loan???
    I am absolutely LIVID as I have a direct debit which has now bounced because you took my money and I am now being charged by the bank daily as it will continue to try and take the direct debit until sufficient funds are in place!!
    I expect a full refund, and any charges I incur by the end of this month and if I have not received a response from you within 1 week I will be taking this up with trading standards and reporting you to the internet providers, who are allowing you to advertise lies and scam people out of their hard earned money.
    You know very well that i turned down the loan, i never even asked to be put through to the company you had found!! I said i was no longer interested and asked to be removed from your mailing list which funnily enough you haven't managed to do either. So why did you take the money?????? I have found a website that say's i have to wait 6months before i get my refund...If i have to wait more than 1 month i will be reporting you to the police for stealing. you took that moeny without my authorisation knowing that i hadn't accepted the loan. I have been in touch with my bank also so you can expect a phonecall or letter from them too.
    I HAVE SEEN PLENTY OF REVIEW SITES AND THOUSANDS OF COMPLAINT ABOUT YOUR SITE, TAKING MONEY FROM PEOPLE EVEN THOUGH THEY NEVER AGREED TO ACCEPT THE LOAN, SO FUNNILY ENOUGH IM NOT THE ONLY ONE YOU HAVE MANAGED TO SCAM AND PISS OFF ON THIS PLANET,
    IF THIS DOES NOT GET SORTED WITHIN THE NEXT 20 DAYS I WILL BE REPORTING YOU TO TRADING STANDARDS, I WILL SET UP A WEBSITE WARNING PEOPLE OF YOUR LITTLE SCAM, I WILL MAKE IT PUBLICALLY KNOWN WHAT YOU ARE DOING TO PEOPLE I HAVE A LETTER AND ALL THE E-MAILS I HAVE RECEIVED FROM YOU DRAFTED AND READY TO SEND TO EVERY LOCAL AND NATIONAL PAPER, AND DON'T BE TOO SUPRISED IF YOU SEE YOURSELF ON WATCHDOG IN THE NEXT COUPLE OF MONTHS.
    I WANT THIS SORTED NOW, I PROMISE YOU I AM BETTER AT KEEPING MY WORD THAN YOUR STUPID COMPANY AND I MEAN EVERY SINGLE WORD OF IT.

I WANT A RESPONSE FROM A SENIOR MANAGER BY 5PM TODAY .

If anyone has managed to actually get their moeny back or manage to actually speak to someone from the company please help me!!
    Also isn't there someone we can complain to about this website it's obviously scamming a lot of people and i cannot believe the internet providers are allowing, false advertising and liars to use their service???

JB

• Co
      10th of Sep, 2010

Hi, Just another happy so called customer of this rip-off company. I too sent an up front fee and was told by a member of this company that it would not be taken until a loan was sorted out and also it is illegal for them to take the up front fee until they have got me a loan. WRONG. These low life swindeling [censor]s took my money and then done nothing. Ten days after my application i tried calling the company after 24 minutes i could not get through so i called again later and listened to a voice counting down to me speaking to someone again after 52 minutes and getting dowm to number one in the queue i was cut off at their end. I have tried to find an e-mail address with no luck. Just how much longer and how many more people do these bunch of tosser, s have to rip-off before the so called laws of our great nation DO SOMETHING. I suppose i have lost my money like a great many of you but god help all future people who ring me offering help to ease my financial burden. I know its probably not going to be their fault but they will be under no illusion as to how i feel about the many low life b..tards there are and F..K OFF is understood in most places and by most people